Will this work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm raising my 4 girls in a greenhouse but the temps are droppin fast were i live, a friend of mine who used to grow told me that if i sit my plants (pots and all) into a tray of warm water that it will bring the temps back up at night, what dya's reckon?

Old Toby said:
Hi all, i'm raising my 4 girls in a greenhouse but the temps are droppin fast were i live, a friend of mine who used to grow told me that if i sit my plants (pots and all) into a tray of warm water that it will bring the temps back up at night, what dya's reckon?
I'm not sure about this one at all. How low are the temps getting? How long do they have left before harvest?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
I'm not sure about this one at all. How low are the temps getting? How long do they have left before harvest?
Hi Brothers Grunt., The temps are gettin to about 10degrees celcius at night and dropping, i'm a total newbie so im goin to say that they started to flower about a week ago, im well behind schedule.

Old Toby said:
Hi Brothers Grunt., The temps are gettin to about 10degrees celcius at night and dropping, i'm a total newbie so im goin to say that they started to flower about a week ago, im well behind schedule.
I'm not sure about the water thing but you could get yourself a small portable heater maybe that will work. I would see what a few others have to say before doing anything.

"10C"=50F, not a problem Toby. I've had -1.11C temps the last 2 nites, without the aid of a GH. In the GH they are even more protected. Mj will survive a few light frosts easily.

Hick said:
"10C"=50F, not a problem Toby. I've had -1.11C temps the last 2 nites, without the aid of a GH. In the GH they are even more protected. Mj will survive a few light frosts easily.
Yeah a few people have mentioned the heater idea to me already, i might just have to go ahead and get one cos its going to get alot colder, thanks dudes!

Toby If your in a green house the warmth ofthe day is going to hold most of the night if you dont open it. In a greenhouse you should be fine unless it drops below freezing for a good part of the night. You could even have frost on the outside of the greenhouse and it will still be ok. Plants are stronger than u think. I like a couple good frosts tward the end of the buding. It makes the flavor better cause the plant starts to shock and tryes to make seeds but can`t so the thc just builds up instead.

Latest posts

Back