Wish me luck...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Light does not kill roots--that is not the problem with clear cups. The problem is that light and moisture will grow algae--that is the threat.

Why do you use the screen?

Plants are looking good.

Yep,,just like i seen in DWC with light leaks.

Yea, I think that was my problem on the last DWC I ran, the cover to the tote had a hump in the lid so I'm thinking just a little light got in and black mold started on my plant....was enough for me to pull the whole system down clean the room and put my dirt rig back together. If it was me I would just not put them in the clear cups again, and in the mean time just try to cover them the best you can. Green mojo the plants look good....so do the roots :)

If I am looking right, most of the root growth is below the surface where the plants are in the dark of the flat.

That's kind if what I figure. Maybe sunlight does kill roots but the deferred light from my T-5 doesn't really seem to be having any ill-effect. I think they are rooting nicely for only 20 days. I'll see more when I transplant them next week.

It's hard for me to compare because I always used regular plastic pots for cloning and I have never seen the clones develop like this. Frankly, I like seeing the root development like this. Kind of neat.

I am more concerned if one of these strains is going to hit my taste buds. Took me a long time to find the proper wine for my taste. I don't imagine the quest in mj will be any different. LOL Just watching the clock tick for now.

Light does not kill roots--that is not the problem with clear cups. The problem is that light and moisture will grow algae--that is the threat.

Why do you use the screen?

Now, THAT makes sense. OK, I am getting them out of the light right away. LOL Thank you for that one.

As for the screen, when the buds get heavy it just helps hold everything up. I used a shoe rack for years. LMAO Someone here shamed me into finally making a nice net. LOL It's easier for me than staking and tying stuff back.

I seen a grow where a guy used clear pots but they were covered with black plastic insulation. that he would remove to look at his roots.

Been a while since I logged in couldnt remember my password lol..anyways hacker I did the nl x bb and cssh just last year. I let them get about 5 ft before I made a harvest. I got also used 1000watt light in a 4x4 tent. I got about 3 oz. of the nl x bb..I thought it sucked compared to the others. It also took off outgrowing the others eventually. My cssh came out awesome. I got about 2 and half oz per plant I did 3 of em and they was extremely potent..few people I even smoked with claimed it was laced ha. Pretty buds as well. My current situation I wanted to do the c99 but 5 out of 5 beans never germed but all others have with a 100% rate..must been a bad batch I duno odd. But im currently messing with sensi star, jamican dream, and strawberry blue. I wanna see how yours turn out..best of luck

G13 labs..i ordered 5. 5 out of 5 didnt germinate..sucked cause that was my main one that I wanted to do. But I got 5 others to germ 100%..It was odd, but it was also very cold outside when i ordered and they shipped internationally so I blamed the cold. Got em thru herbies cause attitude wasnt taking cards.

Nice thread Hackerman :aok: I don't know how i missed it until now. how do you puncture the plastic cups? i use them too, not the clear ones though, and use a power drill, i think the holes you made look neater than mine

I used a standard paper punch on the top holes and a Dremmel tool with a grinder bit on the bottom holes where I couldn't reach with the punch.

Reactions: zem
Well, I harvested these today. Only day 51 but I needed the space and clones take priority over mothers. LOL

3 showed at least a couple amber trics and the haze (which had 20 days left) was a little cloudy.

The Cinderella99 is awesome. As soon as I cut it down, the room smelled like cherry candy. And within an hour, the buds started taking on a beautiful deep purple/red color.

I will know more when it's dry but I was a little disappointed in the yield. 4 plants are going to give less than a pound. Maybe 12 or 13 ounces.

The C99 was the biggest yield but had the smallest cola. The NL/Big Bud was true to it's name with a giant cola. The biggest of the 4. The Critical +2.0 was real stretchy. Probably just a bad pheno. Albeit, it ws the first to mature. The Critical Super Silver Haze had a nice yield but I took it so early, I may not have a fair sample for testing.

So, now I have 4 of each of these in flower and 2 of each in the veg tent (just in case I want to retain a certain strain, I can use the ones in the veg tent as mothers).

Can't wait to try this Cindy. Please excuse my trim job. I was in a giant hurry and had to get them harvested and the new clones transplanted and in place all in one night. I am going to go back and clean up Cindy a little. LOL

View attachment harvest-3.jpg

View attachment harvest-4.jpg

View attachment harvest-2.jpg

G13 labs..i ordered 5. 5 out of 5 didnt germinate..sucked cause that was my main one that I wanted to do. But I got 5 others to germ 100%..It was odd, but it was also very cold outside when i ordered and they shipped internationally so I blamed the cold. Got em thru herbies cause attitude wasnt taking cards.

Wow, my C99 is a single G13 Labs bean I got as a freebie through The Tude. Sorry to hear about your loss. G13 Labs - C99 is the strongest thing I've run yet! I still have a cut going, and don't intend on stopping her anytime soon :D

Hackerman, your mom buds look yummy

That's a MILV

Mom I'd Like to Vape. :D

Nice job Hack, you cooked these off nicely. Enjoy the C99, that's a strain I want to run so be sure to give a smoke report, I sure would like to hear how it hits you.

nice buds you got there........ inhale deep and enjoy

:48:

These have dried for a couple days at about 50% RH and they are pretty dry on the outside so I jarred them with Boveda 69's and a meter in each jar. I will burp these once or twice a day for a couple days and keep them right at 69 (as much as I can).

I did taste the Cinderella99. The cherry smell came through nicely in the flavor. Very very nice taste. And, VERY mild compared to the OG Kush and the Landrace Afghan.

I smoked a little in a pipe and wasn't impressed. I vaped a little in the Solo and it was nice but the first couple hits were still a little "green" tasting.

I rolled a joint and it was fabulous. It really takes a joint to appreciate the true flavor of pot (for me).

Then, I took a little bud and put it in my press and squeezed some rosin out. Very nice yield First press burned of some steam and a few terpenes (I'm sure LOL). Second press was a little darker but still nice. The third gave almost nothing.

The rosin was the clearest yet from any strain. And, it gathered nicely like shatter but a little softer. Not sticky like oil or BHO. VERY nice flavor on the rosin.

Next trial is going to be the Northern Lights x Big Bid. They look totally delicious.

Latest posts

Back