Work Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandZ

Reaction score
The past two week I have made 2 changes to my grow envirorment, I was wondering which one of them is resulting in my plants sudden growth spurt.

First off I have broken the light rules! Everywhere I read that you should use fluoros, metal helide, or hps, but I have been using a standard work light. dont know what kind of light that is but its working great, the stems have thickened, they have gotten bushier, and taller too.

THe other change I made was a cheap CO2 idea that i discovered. I take a clear plastic bag (the kind you put fruit in at the grocer) and I blow it up with my own breath until it gets foggy, then I place the bag over the plant for about 30 minutes a day.

Just wondering if any of you might know which one of these is probably hte reason for their sudden growth?

I'd say the growth spurt is caused by your "worklight".

It's prob. a halogen which can grow pot but is hellishly hot. That's the reason they aren't recommended for growing. You have to keep the light too far away from the plant to equal MH or HPS, and/or you have to put in a mega-ventilation system.

I don't think your method of exhaling into a plastic bag and putting it over the plant for 30 minutes/day is doing anything, at least anything good.

P.S. that "fog" is moisture from your breath.

well typically ive read that the leaves will burn if its too close, but right now the light is about 6 inches from the plants and i havent seen anything this last week, not sure if i have a problem

Latest posts

Back