Worlds Hottest Peppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedutchmaster3

Pot smoker extraordinaire
Reaction score
So i was looking on google for some hot peppers to grow and found an article on the hottest peppers in the world. They are called bhut jolokia, which translates to Ghost Chili. Apparently these peppers measure over 1 million scoville units, which is the scientific measure of peppers' spiciness. :holysheep: They are certified as the hottest peppers in the world, and i am definately going to be ordering up some seeds.

They have a chili powder at like 300 bucks a jar.
Blair's 16 million reserve
measures at 16 million scoville units
http://www.sweatnspice.com/429-13.htm
Some of those exotic hot suaces and stuff will make you sign a waiver. Kill someone litterally.
:bolt:

Good luck with those....would not bite into one of them raw...and I like spicy foods.

thedutchmaster3 said:
i am definately going to be ordering up some seeds.

You'll need to imitate Indias climate. The climatic conditions that peppers grow in has a lot to do with it's heat.

Jeeezzzzz man, these look like killers.

Stoney Bud said:
You'll need to imitate Indias climate. The climatic conditions that peppers grow in has a lot to do with it's heat.
Yea im pretty sure im going to grow these indoors under a HPS. I missed the growing season completely, and im not waiting until next summer.
jjsunderground said:
i heard the hottest pepper is the red savina
At 1,001,304 Scoville units, the Bhut Jolokia is nearly twice as hot as the Red Savina, which measures 577,000 Scoville units. The Red Savina was the hottest pepper around until this "Ghost Chile" came around.

These are peppers that my dad grew over the summer. They are some of the hottest peppers I've ever tasted, but i dont know what they are called. If anybody recognizes these and could tell me what they are called I would appreciate it. When i go to school today im going to try and go to the Chemistry lab and see if one of the Professors can help me measure the Scoville units. Also, see the bamboo in the background of the first picture? That stuff grows like a weed, some of the plants are taller than the house!:holysheep: Sorry for the blurry pictures, cell phone camera..

1107071203.jpg

1107071203a.jpg

thedutchmaster3 said:
These are peppers that my dad grew over the summer. They are some of the hottest peppers I've ever tasted, but i dont know what they are called. If anybody recognizes these and could tell me what they are called I would appreciate it.

Looks like a "Scotch Bonnet" Click Here

thedutchmaster3 said:
These are peppers that my dad grew over the summer. They are some of the hottest peppers I've ever tasted, but i dont know what they are called. If anybody recognizes these and could tell me what they are called I would appreciate it. When i go to school today im going to try and go to the Chemistry lab and see if one of the Professors can help me measure the Scoville units. Also, see the bamboo in the background of the first picture? That stuff grows like a weed, some of the plants are taller than the house!:holysheep: Sorry for the blurry pictures, cell phone camera..

I think those look like Habenaro peppers... I find those as hot as hell

Yes they look to me either to be the Scotch Bonnets that Stoney posted a link to or the Red Savina, pictured below.

125_2579.JPG

red-savina-pepper.jpg

i grew these this summer (dorset naga) - ordered from the u.k., got a late start - grew 2 plants - harvested a dozen good sized fruits - will be growing again in the new year. buddy of mine took a pepper, cut it up with his knife (to check it out). couple hours later he took his knife + picked his tooth. he says 1/2 his mouth froze + his tongue was on fire. hottest thing he ever tasted.

View attachment peppers dorset.doc

dorset naga2.jpg

Apparently the Dorset Naga, a derivitive of the Naga Jolokia, is one of the hottest peppers in the world. It measures roughly the same as the Naga Jolokia, and is grown in Dorset England, hence the name.

hey i was wonderin if any one nows what thoe little red peppers are that chinese people put in hot brasied chicken they are very skinny any they are crunchy not like your normal pepper ,all i no is thoes are the hottest peppers ive ever had ,but im also not a conasewer of peppers but if any one nows what they are let me no they put them in the sause

I grew some Habanero's this year that were orange when ready. They were the hottest peppers I have ever had. I can't even eat one and I love spicy foods. I was pickling them and I took a piece of one and touched it to my lip and it hurt BAD.

tom-tom said:
hey i was wonderin if any one nows what thoe little red peppers are that chinese people put in hot brasied chicken they are very skinny any they are crunchy not like your normal pepper ,all i no is thoes are the hottest peppers ive ever had ,but im also not a conasewer of peppers but if any one nows what they are let me no they put them in the sause

Those are "Thai Peppers", easy to grow, nicely warm. They are about the hottest pepper I can handle. :eek:

the habanero pepper i thought was the hottest, at over 350,000 scovile (sp?) units...

wow! one million scovile units! thats incredible....blows the habanero away! i know for a while the habanero was number 1 yrs ago, but thats amazing! i want seeds....

i still got tons and tons of "Jaimaican Red Pepper Seeds" they look like little golfballs that have been hit by a hammer..Pure Fire Rudeboy<thats what i was told and its no lie,been growing for years now.! also got a few others.. little red,little green hot peppers that are pure fire..dont know the type but got the seed.

Latest posts

Back