Worried about missing resin

Discussion in 'Harvesting - Drying & Curing' started by Surfer Joe, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Oct 16, 2016 #1

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

I trimmed 3 plants at harvest and normally, the scissors are all gummed up with resin well before I'm done with the first plant.
    This time, the scissors stayed clean, so I'm worried that the plants will lack potency.
    They smell nice and my fingers did get sticky if I touched them. I did clean the scissors and add a little 3 in 1 oil to it before using them, so maybe the oil kept the resin from building up?

2. Oct 17, 2016 #2

Joken

Joken

Joken

I suspect you are right.

3. Oct 18, 2016 #3

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

Mine were less sticky this year. I had bug damage. It still works though.:vap-Bong_smoker:

4. Oct 20, 2016 #4

robertr

robertr

robertr

Lots of resin does not always meen it's good weed, I have grown average resin plants that were more potent than some very sticky plants.

5. Oct 20, 2016 #5

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

I am still drying and curing, so I will have to wait a while to see how they came out.
    It also seemed like there was less trich dust left behind on the table when I was moving them around.

6. Nov 10, 2016 #6

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

Well, the stuff turned out ok. The smell came back and the effect is strong and very relaxing physically and mentally. The plants were NL Blue. They still don't feel as sticky as the kush plant that grew alongside them, and I don't see as much loose trich dust after grinding some up as other strains, but the smoke is very powerfullly euphoric and relaxing.