Worried about the smell of my buds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
I’m about 3/4 through harvest of three plants. Man it takes a while to trim! It’s drying well but the smell is more of outside/hay/grass smell than weed like I was expecting. The grow is white widow im only in day 2 of curing though. Will it improve over time? Thanks for any hints.

Attachments

• 4CD334E6-FDDF-44AE-9BC6-36F4D34694B4.jpeg
    4CD334E6-FDDF-44AE-9BC6-36F4D34694B4.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 8F8746CD-5A76-4BCB-B3F4-4F33A91E6AFC.jpeg
    8F8746CD-5A76-4BCB-B3F4-4F33A91E6AFC.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 28
That is normal in many strains. Once in jars after a few days the smell should return if you did it right. However, don't rush things and put wet pot in a jar.

That is normal in many strains. Once in jars after a few days the smell should return if you did it right. However, don't rush things and put wet pot in a jar.
If the buds still squish like they are not dry (damp) you can put them insdie a brown paper grocery bag with ripped up newspaper . teh put the bags inside a sealed container like a lrg tote or new garbage can.
This slows the dry down a bit, throw a humidity meter inside one of the bags and check daily, when 62% then jar up for burping

If the buds still squish like they are not dry (damp) you can put them insdie a brown paper grocery bag with ripped up newspaper . teh put the bags inside a sealed container like a lrg tote or new garbage can.
This slows the dry down a bit, throw a humidity meter inside one of the bags and check daily, when 62% then jar up for burping
Thanks I’ll try and set that up tonight

I also have humidity meters coming tomorrow and the humidity packs just in case. Growing weed is tougher than I thought! 😂😂

QUOTE="Bullshoalsguy, post: 1141057, member: 62348"]
I also have humidity meters coming tomorrow and the humidity packs just in case. Growing weed is tougher than I thought! 😂😂
[/QUOTE]
No it's not ....in no time this will all be a simple routine. When I first started I thought I was gonna go crazy.... referring to mt noted and books plus questions on forums .....now I can do this in my sleep.

Did you get 62% paks? You will put them in final jar once weed has been dried and burp properly

Before long you can also through out little toys like humidity meters....you will know by sight and feel.
I still like mine, I put it in the large tote where i do final dry to slow it down, and I can be sure I am at 62% and no lower if possible 60% is fine too. I do not have a revolving grow room such as you LOL.........

I still like mine, I put it in the large tote where i do final dry to slow it down, and I can be sure I am at 62% and no lower if possible 60% is fine too. I do not have a revolving grow room such as you LOL.........
Fargin Rookie.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back