Worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Cali

Mrs.Cali
Reaction score
I am not sure if I have mold, one of my plant got it but I think I put it in jars to damp and didn't open them enough for it took a month or so to be ready and it was ruined. I grow outdoor and have had no rain, I dry hanging in a room with all shade closed and good air, I think. I just want to make sure I am doing things right. With this new batch I am opening jars 3x's a day for 15-30 min. I did not jar it until the branch snapped, so am I doing this right?

As Mr Lewis said. Read.

Sounds like you are on the right track, snap stem, jar, burp/air, wait, burp/air. If you feel the buds are "damp" at any time you can go back and put them in paper bags for a day or two then back to jars. It is all about redistributing the moisture that is left in the inner part to the bud and stem.

Took me about three seasons to be satisfied with the way I dry/cure our bud. I grow outdoor too.

Good luck to you.

Thanks, I got another question about drying, I hang til dry then jar, I don't go to a bag, should I or is this alright. Also by damp do I wait til they are crispy dry to store or a bit of sticky "in the middle" if I squeeze the bud?

i myself like to bag them, for a few days in between as I dont keep them on stems any longer. I just have too much bud. I use screens now and trim them down to bud size on the first trim. So, I use bags, just in case I dont get them dry enough on the screen. And I am using Zip lock Freezer bags now too instead of jars, as again, I have too much bud for jars. I burp them the same as I would a jar, just a little longer.

Read the post on drying, that should answer your question. I like my buds to give just a small amount when I pinch one.

Mrs.Cali said:
Thanks, I got another question about drying, I hang til dry then jar, I don't go to a bag, should I or is this alright. Also by damp do I wait til they are crispy dry to store or a bit of sticky "in the middle" if I squeeze the bud?

Quite a few of us skip the paper bag step.... I hang till they feel dry to the touch and the stems are dry but not brittle. Then I remove all the bud of the branches and start the jarring ritual. They get burped a cpl times a day for 3-5 days and then they get burped less for another 7-10 days...like 2 times a day usually. It will depend on where you live. If you are somewhere dry like AZ then it wld probably be a quicker process. I like to put one or two desiccant packs in with my bud. Just in case I miss a burp or two early on...:)

Yeah,

I'm a skipper. I try real hard not to over handle a tasty bud. You end up rubbing off the trichs, or smearing them off onto whatever touches them.

Hang-dry, container-store, burp-cure with everyone's slight twists, and turns on curing your going to chart your coarse your way in the end, and your gonna come out doing fine...

smoke in peace
KK:cool2:

Latest posts

Back