would 350-400 true led watts flower a 4x4 tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

next

Reaction score
Hey guys n gals,

I am currently using two 96x3 reflector led lights from topled / mars hydro. Was wondering if I could get by upgrading to a 4x4 tent. Anyone running a 192/3watt led light in a 4x4 tent?

Thanks MP

PJ says basically 45-50 working watts per sq ft. I was looking at 2 300W for a 7 sq ft space. If you have 350-400 working watts, you are good for about 7-8 sq ft. There is still a lot of hype out there. The LED manufacturers are still "overestimating" (lying) about the coverage area. The lights need to be basically right over the plants--LEDs do not throw light off to the side like larger HIDs do. Also, 350-400 working watts seems like a lot for a 192 x 3W fixture....wonder if they are overestimating this too.

Thanks THG,

I tried to read up on all of pj's posts ;) I seen somewhere he mentioned that inside a tent required a little less, due to it being in a completely enclosed space.

I see MR1 growing some pretty nice looking buds with 27watts / sq foot, not sure if he is an exception but, it is what it is.

For LED's

Tent = 60w / sqft
Open Space = 90w / sqft

Sourced by most recent PJ posts. :aok:

Thats almost 1000watt for a 4x4 tent, don't most people run 1000watt hps in a 4x4 tent?

Hey techron, very nice setup you got there, plants look awesome..

So with two 300 watt kind LED's, that is 440watt draw power total, plust your t5's. How many sq feet is your tent?

400watt of led and 200watt of t5's, 600 watts to cover 16 sq feet = 37.5watts / sq ft

400watt of led and 200watt of t5's, 600 watts to cover 16 sq feet = 37.5watts / sq ft

Thank you...mine is 4x4...I filled it last run and had tent too crowded an it was full so whith what I have its not . For 4x4 @18 inches.......2 more lights would be perfect...in the T5 I have 4 6500..and 10k finisher..yes Draw 440 from kind

I kinda like the old style 100X3watt from mars hydro, can get it for 120$ shipped. Either that or the reflector style 96X3 for 180$ shipped. Seems me the old school is more bang for your buck.

Anyone have any experience with them?

For LED's

Tent = 60w / sqft
Open Space = 90w / sqft

Sourced by most recent PJ posts. :aok:
However sort of taken out of context.

Yes using multiple light fixtures you can get away with 60 watt's, and again guys this is to do better that HPS of which the average person will get a 1/2 gram per watt. Reason being you can get back the reflection unlike you can obtain in an open space with no reflection.

This is also based on an average of 2 to 3 weeks veg max. Of course you could veg for 6 weeks with an HPS and do better but your overall electric bill would be four times the cost to produce said product.

In other words, Next if you want to use the reflector series and crush it in your tent you'll need 3 of the 144x3's to have a chance.
[Their advertised consumption specs are wrong as far as wattage listed, but are within their +/- specs.] I have tested this first hand.

To my knowledge there is not a single fixture on the market that can handle a 4x4 space solely. At lease not with consistent yield from side to side. LED's direct their light with far less spread than HPS and PAR values drop off a bunch as you go outside the lights pattern.

Of course you can throw it out the window if a person is still learning to grow a plant. Things happen a lot faster under LED and if your off in feeding your plants will show it at a much faster rate.
:48:

Latest posts

Back