would this work at all?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pop

Reaction score
hi. i have changed my setup. can you tell me if this would work better. i have a fan standing on a box at one end of the coolshade where the light is . blowing through it and the other end i have the extractor fan attached sucking the hot air out the other side of the coolshade. now will the fan blow the hot air faster through the tube and out the extracter fan?

my temps just wouldn't go down 30oc with just the extractor fan working so i am hopeing this will work now. tell me what you think or if you have any idears on which i could get this damn heat down, i seem to be plagued with this heat prob.

When I had a heat problem I just added a more powerful fan sucking air out at the top near my hood, and I put another vent at the bottom of my room pushing cool air in. Along with this I also put a fan blowing directly on the plants to strengthen the plants to allow for more yeild. Hope this helps, cuase it helped my temps drop.

here is a pic of my setup. i have added the fan to blow the air throught the coolshade and my thery is it will get sucked out at the other end by the extractor. any suggestions would be great

Photo0052.jpg

As for what I can see, I would say your' setup is good. It's kinda hard to see everything in the picture, but as long as you have some sort of system that sucks the hot air out, blows cool air in, and you also have a fan that just blows the air in the room around as to not let the air become stagnant, then you should be fine. If your temps don't drop then consider adding more vents at the bottom of your' room to allow more cool air in. Plus the better the venting the more CO2 you let in, which is a very good thing.

Hope this helps, just allow more cool air in.

hey pop
i have the cool tube setup as well, my advise to u is to minimize bends and 90's in your ducting. the bends increase static pressure, which will make your fan work harder, **** less, or not **** at all. i like to put return air side of my fan right through the wall off my cabinet with little or no ducting. the cooltubes should stay cool like this, becuase they are cool.

Latest posts

Back