would this work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
ozzydiodude said:
The Secrets of Foliar Spraying
by Roland Evans

From this example it looks like foliar spraying could be the magic bullet we are all looking for. Within one hour, according to scientists, a plant can transport minerals from its leaves all the way down to its roots. Compared to root feeding, this looks like the fast track.

the link: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62280&highlight=foliar+feeding

above is a small quote from a long but informative post from ozzy... i've been experimenting with alot of different cloning techniques, mediums, and air temps/water temps. just really trying to find what works best for me and my setup.

ozzy's post got me thinking, would foliar feeding work for cloning? people use gels & powders on the shoot to promote root growth. when using cloning machines, they also have a solution you can mix into a reservoir that will spray the clones shoot to promote root growth. as ozzy's post states, the foliage provides a fast lane for minerals to its roots.

what exactly is rooting gel/powder/solution? hormones?

since the clone has no roots. would the rooting solution just not get transferred where its needed?

...just thinking out loud now. i'm in desperate need for some clarity.

feed my thirst for knowledge Mpar :icon_smile:

IME If I foliar feed to much my clones are slow to develop roots. They feed from the leaves instead of producing roots to feed.

:goodposting: I agree, its why I never mist clones or use domes either.

so you guys have tried this before unsuccessfully? could you share how you did it?

did you feed them everyday, for a week? 2 weeks?

what did you feed them?

...my suggestion is, foliar feed them a rooting solution. in hopes that it may speed up the cloning process

Latest posts

Back