Would you choose cannabis seedlings or seeds?

boo

old goat
Reaction score
any strain, it's only a weed...do some research as to what kind of high you're looking for and then check out the grow threads...everyone is happy to assist

Bestva_Nicole

Reaction score
any strain, it's only a weed...do some research as to what kind of high you're looking for and then check out the grow threads...everyone is happy to assist
It's a bit complicated, and it's a new field for me.
I will go to Google to find out more about this knowledge. Thank you.

bigsur51

Reaction score
hello Nicole and welcome aboard...

if you have limited growing experience I would suggest clones or as you call them , seedlings

if you have ever bought plants at a nursery , flowers or veggies , and then transplanted at home in a flower bed or in pots and keep them alive all season , you can do the same thing with cannabis

i hope that helped , it’s just my opinion based upon very little data

cheers

Bestva_Nicole

Reaction score
hello Nicole and welcome aboard...

if you have limited growing experience I would suggest clones or as you call them , seedlings

if you have ever bought plants at a nursery , flowers or veggies , and then transplanted at home in a flower bed or in pots and keep them alive all season , you can do the same thing with cannabis

i hope that helped , it’s just my opinion based upon very little data

cheers
Thank you so much! And can you recommend some blogs or websites about cannabis cultivation to me?

Zekeslowmo

Reaction score
A clone would be a known female adult plant. If it is freshly rooted it will require a week or 2 of gentle tending. Once it is established it will be ready to flower as soon as it has some decent new growth. I like to give them at least 3 to 4 weeks at a minimum to settle in to my garden before I send them to flower. An even better idea it to let them grow enough so that you can take cuttings and make your own clones for the next round.

zem

Reaction score
Hi Nicole welcome to MP. Marijuana is not difficult to grow. You might easily get overwhelmed with the loads of info and different techniques and new learners easily mix up the info. You came to the right place for help. MP has great seasoned growers with lots of experience and knowledge that they share with passion. I myself am relatively a kid over here since I only started growing like 22 years ago and I am only 40. Jeez it takes many decades to feel like a grown up in here

ness2

Max's
Reaction score
Hello Nicole, It's nice to see you, welcome. :)

Bugus_Monkey

Reaction score
Welcome. I would tell an inexperienced grower to start from seed. And I would highly recommend Feminized and Indica. Here is why... When you have finally searched around here a bunch you will find that clones from somewhere else always carry the chance of bugs and disease. If you are taking Seedlings from your own mother plant, that should be fine. Maybe I'm misunderstanding also. My seeds go in a shot glass of bottled water until they drop to the bottom and then go in damp paper towel until the root/shoot is about 4.5 cintometers long. (Don't let your paper towel dry out all the way, Ever if you can help it. Then they go into the dirt point down after making a little hole in the soli in the top of the cup. So, technically, most weed plants I ever planted is guess were a seedling. Fresh seeds generally do not have a problem being placed directly in the soil. They cost so darn much that most people take extreme care at the germination stages. Feminized (If they are available in your area) because that is just one last thing to worry about when you are starting early into this little hobby of ours. And Indica because there is less stretch, and they generally finish earlier. Once you get your stash built up and a couple of runs under your belt, then you can take the time to experiment a little bit with sativas, breeding, what ever you fancy. - you'll be reading, googling, asking questions a lot about this stuff if "this little hobby of ours" (Growing) grabs you.

Zekeslowmo

Reaction score
Welcome. I would tell an inexperienced grower to start from seed. And I would highly recommend Feminized and Indica. Here is why... When you have finally searched around here a bunch you will find that clones from somewhere else always carry the chance of bugs and disease. If you are taking Seedlings from your own mother plant, that should be fine. Maybe I'm misunderstanding also. My seeds go in a shot glass of bottled water until they drop to the bottom and then go in damp paper towel until the root/shoot is about 4.5 cintometers long. (Don't let your paper towel dry out all the way, Ever if you can help it.
Great advice, the only thing I would change is I put the moiist paper towel in a plastic sandwich baggie, close the plastic bag and place on an electrical device that is always on. I like to use my cable service box. This will gentle warm the seeds and promote germination and your paper towel won't dry out.