Wow...lost another one. RIP MCA of the Beastie Boys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
Seems like way to many musicians are dying lately....

RIP MCA of the Beastie Boys....I grew up with their music. I am pretty bummed out right now. 47 years old. Sad day in the music world yet again.

What? WHAT!

How? Why? I just saw them on the TV like a day or 2 ago!!!

WOW! That is awful. Same here hammy, used to listen to them all the time when i was growing up.

This Sucks
Drfting07

Dam Hammy...you our obituary Man...:p

RIP

A Beastie Laugh to lighten the mood :( :) :(

hXXp://vimeo.com/23119147

DAMN that big C...RIP

Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys, aka MCA, has passed away at age 47. He was diagnosed with cancer of his salivary gland in 2009.

A vocalist and bass player, Yauch co-founded the group in 1979 along with “Mike D” Diamond and Adam “Ad-Rock” Horowitz. Their music was an innovative hybrid of hardcore punk and hip-hop. Albums like Licensed to Ill, Paul’s Boutique and Check Your Head cemented their place among the most popular acts of the last 25 years. They reportedly sold more than 20 million albums domestically and 4o million worldwide.

Yauch directed many of the band’s videos under the pseudonym Nathaniel Hornblower. He was also the co-founder of the Milarepa Fund, which supported the Tibetan Independence movement and put on a series of benefit concerts for the cause.

The Beastie Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last month, but Yauch was unable to attend, and his band mates declined to perform without him. The band had also cancelled a tour and delayed the release of their album Hot Sauce Committee while Yauch fought the disease.

He is survived by his wife, Dechen Wangdu and their 13-year-old daughter, Tenzin Losel Yauch.

woah! holy fricken crap! The Beastie Boys were the first rap band I ever goti into. License to Ill, still one I like to listen to every once in awhile. That is just too sad, and soo young....:cry:

RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA, you made a impact on me and my musical tastes since I was a youngin'...

4u2sm0ke said:
Dam Hammy...you our obituary Man...:p

RIP

Yeah and it's a job I truly don't want..this one has really gotten me shook up. There are only a handful of bands that I can remember being blown away first time hearing their music and the Beastie boys were one of those bands. Licensed to Ill and Paul's Boutique are two albums that will always have a special place in my heart and soul. I might hve to stop at the liquor store and buy an honorary 40 ounce. I don't even remember the last time I bought or drank a 40, probably back in the day while listening to them on a street corner.:) Good times, good memories.....thank you MCA.

They broke out when I was in college. The parties would always have them jammin. And something new and fresh like they were at the time. Would set off insanity at them.
Its a shame. But I guess the best thing is he didnt just use his fame to be greedy like 99% do today. BBs went around the world helping alot of people and causes. The way it should be done when you build a name that big.

Been a bad time for the music world lately.

This is my personal favorite from the Beastie Boys: hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P2gW7uRpGA
See if you can guess which one.....

Lol THG.....I shld hve known that one was your fave.

I think Paul Revere is probably my all time favorite...just because I hve so many good memories tied to that song. " I did it like this, I did like that...I did with a Whiffle Ball Bat." :D

Hamster Lewis said:
Lol THG.....I shld hve known that one was your fave.

I think Paul Revere is probably my all time favorite...just because I hve so many good memories tied to that song. " I did it like this, I did like that...I did with a Whiffle Ball Bat." :D

that's funny Hammy, that's one of the first songs I think of too when I think of License to Ill, ...lol...

Loved no sleep till brooklyn but I especially loved "Girls" by BB's.

h420p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAowabetjFs&feature=fvst

So sad.... RIP MCA.

Thank you for everything you did in your way too short of time here.

Latest posts

Back