wow somebody help me clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes maine- use netcups or neoprene inserts..

GD i agree. no misting little if any. the more you mist the less likely they will try and form roots to get their needed moisture. no domes!

+100 on the bubbler cloners. Cheap, easy, and the plants do soooo much better. Some don't even droop at all. No leaf cutting necessary, no domes, no gels needed. Woody stems are better than green, I know there is some disagreement on this but the woody stemmed ones don't even droop out for a while. They seem to root better as well.
A couple things you are missing in the process is
a) make the final cut underwater, preferable at a 45 through a node (leaving 2+ leaf sets above)
b) then, take the razor and shave off a bit of stem 'bark' till you see the white inner stem. Now the greener stems may not have developed this, they may just be light green throughout. You can also use the tip of the razor and trace cuts along the stem, vertically, a few mm apart. These mutilations are maybe a half inch long at most. The marks are where roots will burst forth from.
Use a razor and clean it first, I think hot water and a bit of soap is fine.

Another key is that the water needs to be a few degrees above the air temp, so the aquarium heater is a must.

And they root like magic! Keep them in hydro, plant them in soil ~ let them grow a few inches of roots and they should take to soil with barely a hitch.

GreenMan74 said:
+100 on the bubbler cloners. Cheap, easy, and the plants do soooo much better. Some don't even droop at all. No leaf cutting necessary, no domes, no gels needed. Woody stems are better than green, I know there is some disagreement on this but the woody stemmed ones don't even droop out for a while. They seem to root better as well.
A couple things you are missing in the process is
a) make the final cut underwater, preferable at a 45 through a node (leaving 2+ leaf sets above)
b) then, take the razor and shave off a bit of stem 'bark' till you see the white inner stem. Now the greener stems may not have developed this, they may just be light green throughout. You can also use the tip of the razor and trace cuts along the stem, vertically, a few mm apart. These mutilations are maybe a half inch long at most. The marks are where roots will burst forth from.
Use a razor and clean it first, I think hot water and a bit of soap is fine.

Another key is that the water needs to be a few degrees above the air temp, so the aquarium heater is a must.

And they root like magic! Keep them in hydro, plant them in soil ~ let them grow a few inches of roots and they should take to soil with barely a hitch.

Oh, and don't feed them until they've rooted. They will yellow some, don't panic - they will put out roots when they need nutrients, which should be within a few days of the yellowing starting. Some may lose a leaf or two. You can do a mild foliar spray if you're really worried the plant will die. But they should bounce back once they root, feed them then.

I used to grow SOG.

All my cuttings were rooted in pre-warmed jiffy pellets, soaked in seaweed extract. The jiffies prepared the day before, and placed in a heated propagator.

I switched too rooting gel (clonex) early on while learning to take cuttings, never liked powder much.

As cuttings were taken I placed them into the jiffies and then straight into the propagator with the lid on. I always rooted cuttings on a 18/6 cycle, using floro lights. Fresh cuttings always started on the night cycle.

Once rooted I transplanted into 4ltr pots, and as a rule would grow them on in my veg room for 2 weeks, 18hr days before moving into my flowering room.

I personally found that I had better results if the clones were allowed to put in some root growth before moving into flower.

Latest posts

Back