wrong nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbongo

noobie with a doobie
Reaction score
I grow in soil and thinking maybe I should have read more first, but are these nutes for hydro only or am I OK?
Stupid question I know, sorry

LOL I'm to hi I guess but here's the link I ment to add hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0032JWMFC/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1

I have never used them myself so I cannot say for sure, but I use the GH series for hydro in soil and my girls are doing great, so I would say use them and see if they work for you.

yh it shouldnt matter hydro nutes for soil. i use h&g aqua flakes hydro and soil should be good

It's not a problem using hydro nutes in soil as they are specific to hydro only in that they are made to disolve easier in water and move with the water environment in hydro so that the chemicals don't clog up the water systems. The more critical question for nutes is whether they are organic nutes or chemical nutes. The reason is that in nature(organic) microbes in soil are the chemical processors that chelate chemicals from the materials around them. This makes those chemicals available to the plant for absorpsion. In chemical nutes there are no microbes involved because the chemical processing has already been done by the manufacturer. If you are using or wanting to use organic nutes in hydro, they need to be made for use in hydro and you need to supply either enzymes or microbes to help make the organic nutes available to the plant. You can buy Mychorizae and some other beneficial microbes to add to your nutes to help them serve the plant better. The same goes for soil in that if you use organic(either for soil or hydro) then you need to suppliment with a microbe formula for best results. But if you use hydro nutes or soil nutes that are chemical then the need of microbes is not as important. However I have heard some say that Mychorizae added to the medium regardless of nutes actually helps the plant do better and have stronger roots.

I forgot to look at the link that you listed before posting. If the link was correct you are using recipe for success by Technaflora. I use that very formula and I get very good results from it. I have been using it since I started growing in earnest last year. I would recommend getting a small amount of Mychorizae to add to the soil as I think it will help the plants. I intend to get some and start using it myself. Be carefull with the "recipe" to not overnute the plant with it as it is easy to do. If you don't have a TDS meter and PH meter, get them because you will crash and "burn" without them. I start out young plants at around 300-400ppm(when they are at 3weeks old), after a week I bump up to 500-600ppm for another week. if everyone is doing good, I bump again to 700-800ppm and stay at that for the rest of the veg period. When I flip to flower, I add the bloom nutes to the grow nutes which should bring the TDS to about 1000ppm and stay with that for the first week of flower, then I stop the grow nutes and stay with just the flower formula for the rest of the grow, and I stay around 1000-1200ppm till the last week when I cut to straight water for the last few days before harvesting. One very important thing here is that I do hydro. for soil I suggest that you ramp up the ppm more slowly to make sure the plants will react properly as soil does differently that hydro.

Hushpuppy said:
It's not a problem using hydro nutes in soil as they are specific to hydro only in that they are made to disolve easier in water and move with the water environment in hydro so that the chemicals don't clog up the water systems. The more critical question for nutes is whether they are organic nutes or chemical nutes. The reason is that in nature(organic) microbes in soil are the chemical processors that chelate chemicals from the materials around them. This makes those chemicals available to the plant for absorpsion. In chemical nutes there are no microbes involved because the chemical processing has already been done by the manufacturer. If you are using or wanting to use organic nutes in hydro, they need to be made for use in hydro and you need to supply either enzymes or microbes to help make the organic nutes available to the plant. You can buy Mychorizae and some other beneficial microbes to add to your nutes to help them serve the plant better. The same goes for soil in that if you use organic(either for soil or hydro) then you need to suppliment with a microbe formula for best results. But if you use hydro nutes or soil nutes that are chemical then the need of microbes is not as important. However I have heard some say that Mychorizae added to the medium regardless of nutes actually helps the plant do better and have stronger roots.
very nice hush.. I agree w the stronger healthier roots expecially with high temps

Thank y'all so much for the help and advice. Ty u hush puppy for such a detailed answer. Man I love these forums

Latest posts

Back