WubDaBuds 1st grow - stealth 400hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fill a bottle of water of warm water...add some yeast...a cup of sugar...close the bottle...punch aa small hole at the top...and there u go...im usin tht now...and ive noticed my plaants change a day after i put the bottle..keep the bottle higher thn ur plnts

You are supposed to actually add sugar to the warm water, but then cool the water before adding the yeast. ;)

Nov. 13, 2006 Update:

The two on the left are 25 days old today

The other 4 are 19 days old today

400w hps now set at 12" from tallest plant

I got my DIY Active Carbon Filter built and installed this weekend - WORKS GREAT! Smell = NOTHING

Today they all got a good drink of water - I re-potted the little one (right front) up to a 6 quart ice-cream bucket.... man it was root bound in that butter container!

Emptied and re-filled the DIY CO2 maker today.

Am I crazy or do I have alternating nodes on the older ones?

WubDaBuds001.jpg WubDaBuds002.jpg WubDaBuds003.jpg

WubDaBuds004.jpg WubDaBuds005.jpg WubDaBuds006.jpg

WubDaBuds007.jpg WubDaBuds008.jpg WubDaBuds009.jpg

I have seen people who are doing small grows use a simple method for CO2. You take a liter soda bottle (plastic), drill a small hole in the twist on lid, fill the bottle with water, add 4 teaspoons of activated yeast (common bakers yeast) and a couple of tablespoons of white sugar. Put the lid back on and set this above your plants. You must check this every few days by shaking the bottle with your finger over the hole in the twist off, if you get a build up of pressure, it is still producing CO2, if not, it needs to be refreshed by dumping half of the mixture, add fresh water and a couple of tablespoons of sugar again.

You would think that this alone wouldn't make much of a difference, but I've found that you will increase your yield by about 1/4 by using this technique continuously throughout the grow.

Found this in a post sometime back and kept it for my cheat sheet, hope it helps you out.

Ravishing_68 said:
I have seen people who are doing small grows use a simple method for CO2. You take a liter soda bottle (plastic), drill a small hole in the twist on lid, fill the bottle with water, add 4 teaspoons of activated yeast (common bakers yeast) and a couple of tablespoons of white sugar. Put the lid back on and set this above your plants. You must check this every few days by shaking the bottle with your finger over the hole in the twist off, if you get a build up of pressure, it is still producing CO2, if not, it needs to be refreshed by dumping half of the mixture, add fresh water and a couple of tablespoons of sugar again.

You would think that this alone wouldn't make much of a difference, but I've found that you will increase your yield by about 1/4 by using this technique continuously throughout the grow.

Found this in a post sometime back and kept it for my cheat sheet, hope it helps you out.

Yep - That's the sytem I use.... I just re-started it "fresh" today :bong:

Thanks Ravishing_68

Also, I'm thinking this will become a "super cropping" grow because of space issues LOL

I only have a 3' X 3' grow area and it will get packed in there if I have the girls to do it.

I definitely see alternating nodes. Flower the larger ones STAT!! :p :ccc:

Alternating nodes for sure. Mature and ready for flower. Bring on the buds. :D Your ladies are looking great. :aok:

Fluid1 said:
I definitely see alternating nodes. Flower the larger ones STAT!! :p :ccc:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Alternating nodes for sure. Mature and ready for flower. Bring on the buds. :D Your ladies are looking great. :aok:

:ciao:

Thanks guys! But I want to flower 'em all at once.
:48:

Nov. 15, 2006 Update:

5 of the 6 plants are coming along - the other is getting TLC for a bit... a proper repotting required.

I took a few picks and prayed
BTG could have a looky at the issues I see developing. :clap:

You guys have massive experience and I am quite new at this.... 1st grow ever.

So please, any of you old timers give me yer honest opion on this grow.

Curled leaves (downward) - 80% of all leaves top-middle-bottom
Plants are mostly DARK GREEN
New growth quite bright green
Temps run 69F (bottom at buckets) to 89F at (tops closest to light)

400w HPS set at 18" for 90% of Veg. stage so far.
(trying it at aprox 12" today for a bit while I can keep an eye on it)

I seem to have to water my 6 gal buckets every 3rd day (Monday and Wednesday) I give them each about 1/3 of a gallon of plain tap water left out for 48 hours (helps with the chemicals.... right?)

The buckets are full of holes at the bottom... but when I water none comes out most of the time.... EXCEPT the last time I watered, the one in the middle/back row flowed out nice.
Am I under watering? - Or maybe 'cuz I'm a newbie I just think I am but I'm over watering?

WubDaBuds007.jpg WubDaBuds008.jpg

4" exhaust fan running 24/7 through a
DIY 30" X 6" Active Carbon Filter to outdoors + a 6" in-line fan pushing cool garage air in 27/4

Grow area is only 36" X 36" total under steps - my access is through my garage workbench (so I face in from under lower steps to taller grow area)

(I only have one area, so clones will require some engineering)

Currently I am thinking the chicken wire training thing.... what ya think?

I think that pipe cleaners is the best way to do LST 'imho'
You can move them around and reuse them, and put them exactly where you want them. :)
Everything's looking great, keep it up!

WubDaBuds said:
:ciao:

Thanks guys! But I want to flower 'em all at once.
:48:

Nov. 15, 2006 Update:

5 of the 6 plants are coming along - the other is getting TLC for a bit... a proper repotting required.

I took a few picks and prayed
BTG could have a looky at the issues I see developing. :clap:

You guys have massive experience and I am quite new at this.... 1st grow ever.

So please, any of you old timers give me yer honest opion on this grow.

Curled leaves (downward) - 80% of all leaves top-middle-bottom
Plants are mostly DARK GREEN
New growth quite bright green
Temps run 69F (bottom at buckets) to 89F at (tops closest to light)

400w HPS set at 18" for 90% of Veg. stage so far.
(trying it at aprox 12" today for a bit while I can keep an eye on it)

I seem to have to water my 6 gal buckets every 3rd day (Monday and Wednesday) I give them each about 1/3 of a gallon of plain tap water left out for 48 hours (helps with the chemicals.... right?)

The buckets are full of holes at the bottom... but when I water none comes out most of the time.... EXCEPT the last time I watered, the one in the middle/back row flowed out nice.
Am I under watering? - Or maybe 'cuz I'm a newbie I just think I am but I'm over watering?

View attachment 12446 View attachment 12447 View attachment 12448

View attachment 12449 View attachment 12450 View attachment 12451

View attachment 12452 View attachment 12453

4" exhaust fan running 24/7 through a
DIY 30" X 6" Active Carbon Filter to outdoors + a 6" in-line fan pushing cool garage air in 27/4

Grow area is only 36" X 36" total under steps - my access is through my garage workbench (so I face in from under lower steps to taller grow area)

(I only have one area, so clones will require some engineering)

Currently I am thinking the chicken wire training thing.... what ya think?

Well i think i'm seeing a few problems here. 89 degrees is a high temp man. You need to get that down below 85 IMHO. You say you are using 6 gallon buckets and have to water every 3 days or so that's to often. We use 3 gallon pots and give them 2 liters of water like every 4 or 5 days. Next time you water i would pour until you see the water come out of the bottoms of each bucket. Be sure that when ya water you pour it in slow as the water will run straight through if you pour it fast. ;)

Well i think i'm seeing a few problems here. 89 degrees is a high temp man. You need to get that down below 85 IMHO. You say you are using 6 gallon buckets and have to water every 3 days or so that's to often. We use 3 gallon pots and give them 2 liters of water like every 4 or 5 days. Next time you water i would pour until you see the water come out of the bottoms of each bucket. Be sure that when ya water you pour it in slow as the water will run straight through if you pour it fast. ;)

Thanks for all the help TBG. ;)

For now I'm going with "too dry".... so I watered last night:

Each plant got 1/2 gallon with run off from each one... slow pour.

The water got treated with 1/4 strength "Miracle-Gro Quick Start - Planting & Transplant Soution" 4-12-4

I WILL NOT water again until Mon. 11-27-06 unless the plants wilt like crazy.

I think they are mostly looking better:yay: today..

Almost forgot... raised the light back up to 18" from tips.... Temps. at the tallest tips is now 84F

WubDaBuds010.jpgWubDaBuds011.jpg WubDaBuds012.jpg

:banana:

looks like you have been doing your homework keep it up

you need to add some more fans to get that temp down mybe a big box fan

I see your young ladies are looking nice green and bushy. Keep up the great work man we want buds. ;)

I see your young ladies are looking nice green and bushy. Keep up the great work man we want buds. ;)
Thanks TBG!

OK... here we go:

Nov. 20th Update

Plants are all 3 and 4 weeks old today.... all showing sexual maturity - alternating nodes.

6 plants, 400w HPS 24/7 (set to 18" from tallest tips), temps run 75F to 80F 24/7, RH runs at 40% after watering - 30% the rest of the time.

Using the "tip pot to check weight" watering method - (not quite yet, I'll check them again tomorrow)

They are all in MG 3 month time release - no extra nutes this week.

3 of the plants have been topped - all of them have had a few fan leaves removed to allow 2ndary growth to reach good light.

On Nov. 27 I plan to take tops as clones.... for a friends grow... Using the "no more then 1/3 rule".

Once they "re-bush" I'll install SCROG - might be just a fishing net type. My goal is to sex them, SCROG them and get the canopy thing running as tall and heavy as I can....

Any idea on how much yeild I may be able to produce?

Comments welcome... ;-)

WubDaBuds010.jpg WubDaBuds011.jpg WubDaBuds012.jpg

Gotta go do a dump run for some pizza.:rofl:

May i say the ladies are looking as beautiful as ever. ;) As far as weight goes sorry man but it's hard to tell what your gonna get come harvest time. I'll tell ya this much it's gonna be some fine free bud for sure. :aok:

looking good.. who would have thought that if they go in that tool box for a wrench they will find much much more :)

hey bro looking good cant wait to see the buds packing on. as for a net id highly reccomend it mine stretched just over 20 inches in 16 days

Dec. 4th, 2006 Update pics

Going to flower in a week I think... save the clones for next round.

WubDaBuds001.jpg WubDaBuds002.jpg

WubDaBuds003.jpg WubDaBuds004.jpg WubDaBuds005.jpg

WubDaBuds006.jpg WubDaBuds007.jpg WubDaBuds008.jpg

WubDaBuds009.jpg WubDaBuds010.jpg WubDaBuds012.jpg

Latest posts

Back