WubDaBuds 1st grow - stealth 400hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WubDaBuds

Reaction score
Greetz ya stoners ;-)
  • 1st grow ever
  • stealth grow under steps
  • 400hps
  • MG (yeah I know... FoxFarms was impossible for me to get)
  • 6 plants from a friend who grew them - great stable strain
  • 2 plants are 11 days old - the other 4 are 5 days old
WubDaBuds001.jpg

WubDaBuds002.jpg WubDaBuds003.jpg WubDaBuds004.jpg

WubDaBuds005.jpg WubDaBuds006.jpg WubDaBuds007.jpg

WubDaBuds008.jpg WubDaBuds009.jpg WubDaBuds010.jpg

Very nice stealth set up man and your babies are looking great. Will be following this grow from beginning to end. Good luck. ;)

BTG - Thanks dude ;-) - maybe you can take a look at #2 and tell me I water too much on her (I hope it's a "her").

The 2 largest plants are in some all-ready-been-used-for a season-on-my-porch Mirical Grow with the 3 month time release ( yeah I know... that stuff can get unpredictable - last time I mess with MG for my babies)

The other 4 are in fresh full force MG 3 month release stuff... ;(

Thanks for having such a fine place.... I will try to get better pics if ya need them:

DSC00001.jpg DSC00002.jpg DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg DSC00005.jpg DSC00006.jpg

WubDaBuds said:
BTG - Thanks dude ;-) - maybe you can take a look at #2 and tell me I water too much on her (I hope it's a "her").

The 2 largest plants are in some all-ready-been-used-for a season-on-my-porch Mirical Grow with the 3 month time release ( yeah I know... that stuff can get unpredictable - last time I mess with MG for my babies)

The other 4 are in fresh full force MG 3 month release stuff... ;(

Thanks for having such a fine place.... I will try to get better pics if ya need them:

View attachment 11741 View attachment 11742 View attachment 11743

View attachment 11744 View attachment 11745 View attachment 11746
You say some of the soil your are using has already been used for a full season outside? IMHO i would transplant them into new soil because all the nutes in the old soil is probaly gone by now. MG soil is not bad man you just have to know how to use it. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
You say some of the soil your are using has already been used for a full season outside? IMHO i would transplant them into new soil because all the nutes in the old soil is probaly gone by now. MG soil is not bad man you just have to know how to use it. ;)

Sounds like a plan TBG, thanks for the quick advice... I'll get 'er done ASAP!

;)

That is a nice setup, I agree with TBG on the soil. Good Growing, and we love the pics, so keep em comin if possible.

Nov. 02, 2006 update:

1st two plants are 14 days old today (looked and counted on my log)

the smaller 4 are 7 days old today
  • 400w hps - set at 30 inches ATM
  • 12v "el-cheapo for the car Wal-Mart" oscilating fan for plants ran by computer power supply
  • in-line through vent with 4" duct to outside + 2 "cheap-o space heaters" running on "fan-only" to **** into grow space
  • temps run at 79F (night) to 83F when warmest outside
  • #1 + #2 are in used MG the rest in fresh MG
NOTE: #2 is starting to show yellow to me.... I will re-pot her later today. But what is wrong with her?... Not enough nutes?

Any ideas or comments welcome - thanks.

WubDaBuds001.jpg WubDaBuds002.jpg WubDaBuds003.jpg

WubDaBuds004.jpg WubDaBuds005.jpg WubDaBuds006.jpg

Nov. 06, 2006 update:

WOW just 4 days and look at them ;-)

#1 and #2 are 18 days old today

#3, #4, #5 and #6 are 11 days old today

400w hps - set at 18 inches above #1 (tallest plant)

I had to leave for 4 days so I gave them all a good watering and set the light at 18" above the tallest one (#1)... when I got back they where dry and HOT (92F)... so it looks like #5 took a little damage :(

I hope it will be O.K. now that I raised the light, gave 'em a good drink and moved them around so that the younger ones can catch up some.

Today I will work on improving the heat issue.

Everything is looking great WubDaBuds. When growing MJ inside your gonna find yourself constantly trying to fix and make things better which is a great thing IMHO. We have been doing it since we started growing and are still doing it. :D Good luck on your heat issues man. If you need any help just give a yell and will see what we can do. ;)

TBG – thanks for keeping an eye out for the newbie’s like me… I could use all the help I can get. This board has been the source of 100% of my plan. And so far I am amazed that it is going so well.

Temps are in the high 80F all the time… I can live with that for now but another inline fan for intake is in order soon. Also a DIY carbon filter this weekend – they are starting to send out some skunky odor.

Nov. 06, 2006 update:

WOW just 2 days and I can almost watch them grow!

#1 and #2 are 20 days old today

#3, #4, #5 and #6 are 13 days old today

400w hps - set at 18 inches above #1 (tallest plant)

I topped the big one (#1) and gave them all a good watering today. (every 2+ days it seems - RH sits below 20% all the time) Those buckets are approximately 6 gal kitty litter buckets with 20 holes on bottom and around bottom edges ;) and #6 is in a soft spread butter container… soon it will get the same as the others.

For now I think keeping the light at 18" above the tallest plants for 24/7 is the plan ;)

Looks like at this rate flowering may have to be induced at 5 weeks – what you guys think?

#5 took a little damage the other day so I pruned the crispy leaves off and it seems to be recovering well.

BTW the topping + the damaged leaves have been quick dried (closed in a cardboard box over night resting on my ballast)… yes it’s kind of harsh, but I smoke strong cigarettes ….. high as a kite for the last 45 minutes after 2 packed bowls… lungs are resting for a bit LOL

Comments - Suggestions - Accusations – Endorsements all welcome!

WubDaBuds007.jpg <<< my cheap DIY yeast CO2 maker ;)

Man your babies are coming right along. Why do you want to induce them into flowering at 5 weeks old?

Starting flowering at 5 weeks would produce some giant plants!

hey i was looking at your pics and i saw very dark shades on your plants to green with dark patches mybe your using to much n just trying to look out for my bro keep up the good work

WubDaBuds said:
BTW the topping + the damaged leaves have been quick dried (closed in a cardboard box over night resting on my ballast)… yes it’s kind of harsh, but I smoke strong cigarettes ….. high as a kite for the last 45 minutes after 2 packed bowls… lungs are resting for a bit LOL

Wait a sec...... did you say you smoked the clippings?!?!?! Why in the world would you do that? It shouldn't get you high for one, and for two.....yuck!!!

Thanks for all your comments! :tokie:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Man your babies are coming right along. Why do you want to induce them into flowering at 5 weeks old?

I'm starting to worry a little about space.... and of course I'm getting impatient :D This is a 3' X 3' space and the ceiling is slated for steps above.

Sin inc said:
hey i was looking at your pics and i saw very dark shades on your plants to green with dark patches mybe your using to much n just trying to look out for my bro keep up the good work

Yeah - not sure there... I'm using MG with tap water left out for 24+ hours only.... no extra nutes.

Fluid1 said:
Wait a sec...... did you say you smoked the clippings?!?!?! Why in the world would you do that? It shouldn't get you high for one, and for two.....yuck!!!

Well I will not be doing that again! I felt like **** the rest of the day :(

Here they are today - you may notice a little sawdust on some of the leaves... that was me getting an intake fan in there.... I filled a sprayer with water and misted most of it off :cool:

Nov. 10, 2006 Update:

2 on the left side are 3 weeks old... the rest are 2 weeks old.

WubDaBuds007.jpg WubDaBuds008.jpg WubDaBuds009.jpg

what is this diy co2 maker with yeast i saw in your journal? could you elaborate on how it is made?

Latest posts

Back