WW out of control nute issues and to tall - topping - LST?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldHippieChick

apostate
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a WW about 8 weeks old. She was doing great till about 2 weeks ago. I had her under flos 24/7 just because she was the only plant and it seemed to be overkill to run the tent and the 600w hps.....
The flo slipped and burned several top leaves in Thanksgiving... so I cut those off and let her continue to veg a bit to recover from that shock...

Then I started seeing all these browinging leaves all in the lower third and from what I've read, looks like K deficiency. Her being WW and reading everywhere how sensitive they are to nutes, I feel I took that fact to the extreem. So leaves have been falling right and left around the bottom and I've continued to let her veg so I can get this nute deficiency fixed. And with the fallen leaves all around the bottom she's sorta bare down there...
She looks most like what Hick posted as ....
"4) a) Leaves are browning or yellowing. Yellow, brown, or necrotic (dead) patches, especially around the edges of the leaf, which may be curled. Plant may be too tall. >> Potassium (K) deficiency. "

So she continues to veg while I impatiently wait to see if I've identified correctly and acted accordingly.....now she is going to be to tall for my 60" tent. So what would you do? Give it up and write her eulogy?, severely top her? Cut some clones from the top? LST? any or all of the above?

Edited to add: also, do you see anything else wrong, I mean Besides the burns up top Besides the K definciency and Besides the height issue ????

Thanks -
xox
OHC

011.JPG

012-1.JPG

013.JPG

I think that I would attempt some LST, then if all else fails top it and flower. That or, if you know this is a female, use it as a mother and take clones?

I would bend or tie her down...or take clones.

nouvellechef said:
Start of being rootbound?
So what do you base this on? She's in a 2 gallon pot, I regret not starting with a 3 gallon but is that the cause of the rot?

Very well could be. I ran 2gal in 1st grow and it was biggest mistake i have made. About your same height too. Everyone has diff opinions on extra root room, container wise. But my defiencies look exactly like that.

I would repot and flush. Get that PH perfect and work on nutes from there. Those 3 things, i hope would resolve things. If not, clone away.

OHC....is there roots coming out the holes on the bottom of the pot?

Yes 2dog I do see roots but not what I'd call coming out.... and not solid root mass - but early on I was leaving drip water in the drip pan and freaked when I saw roots coming out.... someone here told me no worries, they were just going toward the water..????

Thanks for the help people...

hmm when I see roots out the bottom I usually take it as a sign to replant. the plant isnt budding it wouldnt hurt it.

2Dog said:
hmm when I see roots out the bottom I usually take it as a sign to replant. the plant isnt budding it wouldnt hurt it.
K thanks, Maybe a three gallon tub would give me the added length for some LST ...... but are y'all saying this is not a K deficiency or it's an additional problem?

sorry i dont feel confident to diagnose the issue but I do know how to deal with the height and roots lol...

OHC, same thing happened with my WW this grow. I found the WW to be also extremely sensitive to slightly high PH, as well as nute sensitive. I got the PH adjusted and consistent, cut way down on the nute strength. Then I removed her from the smaller pot, sliced the roots on the side vertically in 4 areas, and repotted into a 3 gallon container. Now she's bursting with new leaves, adapting fine to the larger container.

She also began to get very tall, so I supercropped her and tied her down, and now she's half the height she was and still doing fine. Just put her into flowering 4 days ago. I'm seeing pistils and so far, no signs of hermies.

Good luck, babe!

WWsupercropLST.jpg

2Dog said:
I would bend or tie her down...or take clones.

I would do both.

Get her bent AND tied down (this sounds more than a bit obscene :hubba: ), and then take clones from the ends of the bent/tied down limbs.

Is there any way to make her a mom and flower the clones? Looks like you are going to have to be shorter for flowering if she grows like that, like 1/2 that height.

If enough material is taken off, you may not need to re pot right away. In any event, it's hard to go from a 2 gal pot to a 3. Might need to jump up to a 5, or do some root trimming.

Go slow though and give her time to recover from 1 thing before doing the next.

DD

ohc looks like as mojave said, ph. flush, trim root ball, re-pot & your golden.

I'd give it a shot...you got nothing to lose, but a little bit of time, thats better than tossing the plant...did you get clones to take?

Latest posts

Back