WWxBB, WW, SS. Doin' it in the dirt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skunk said:
so about 3 or 4 days later i made some hash and smothered some on the ww and ask him is this what it looked like and do you want to try some more he replied thats what it looked like and nope last time i got too messed up .
Yeah, Skunk. That's why we do it... to get too messed up. I'm lovin' it. I hope the WW & WWBB get me too messed up. I'll be studying "how to make hash" so I can make me some of that recipe.

I wanted to add a few pix tonight. The plants were moved out of the growbox and into my closet to accomodate the new 400w HPS. I also threw in one of my 125w CFLs to the center of the garden to help boost the bud production on the lower limbs.

The adult plants were already 4 weeks into flower when I bought the new light so they won't stretch too much I'm guessing. The 5 clones are stretching. They range from 7" to 15" in heighth. In the yellow Solo cup is a WWBB seedling at 3 weeks old. It was looking yellowish so I gave it a very, very diluted dose of nutes. It should perk up uder the big light and start to grow. I'll move it into a 2 or 3 gallon pot this weekend.

I'm also germing some seeds for next go-round. I have 3 Ice seeds from Nirvana and 6 Durban Poison x Skunk #1... the freebies from Gypsy. I gave them to a friend and he gave them back to me to germ for him. I'll be honest. Those sumbitches are hard as hell to germinate. (I've read) they require a warmer germing climate or a heating pad. I have them in my grow room (in total darkness) where it is very warm. The Ice seeds popped right away but the DPxSk is slow going. Wish me luck getting those out of the ground. I've heard from a couple of folks that have a mother of this plant and they say it is worth the work.

Day 78 garden salad.jpg

Day 78 04.jpg

Day 78 wwbb-WW.jpg

Day 78 new setup.jpg

Looking great rev. That CFL you got is what i need, I only got four 48" 40watt full spectrum "argosun" flourescent tubes. Have you ever tried growing with just the CFL's? Anyway as i said looking great Rev, keep up the good work.

Whats up Rev. Your ladies and babies are gonna love the new light. :D I have a Durbon Poison x Skunk #1 growing outside right now. Out of my free pack of 10 seeds i put 3 in germination and 2 sprouted and 1 didn't. I think it took about a week for them to germ. I have a grow journal on her if ya wanna check it out. Can't wait to see what she looks like when it's all said and done. Anyway keep up the great work and keep them pics coming. ;)

Ptbo_Stonerz said:
Have you ever tried growing with just the CFL's?
Hey Stonerz. Yeah, I grew my last two crops with nothing but CFLs. They work fine but you'll get shorter plants and the buds won't be as dense. CFLs don't penetrate very far beyond the canopy (like an HPS) so the overall heighth is less. The buds are quite nice (I thought) but they are not as big as if they were under the 400w HPS. Here are some pix from my last crop of Blue Mystic. This is my first grow under the 400w so I'll see how much a difference it makes.

Day 72 SOB.jpg

Day 86 bm.jpg

Hey there Rev. Willis, those are some nice happy lookin plants, and some very nice lookin buds too :D

hey reverend. how many lumens is that 125 putting out ?

Insane said:
Hey there Rev. Willis, those are some nice happy lookin plants, and some very nice lookin buds too :D
Thank you, Insane. They are happy buds now but they were in sad shape after the Superthrive. The best I can figure is they lost 3 weeks of critical grow time right around the time I threw them into 12s. After 4 weeks of flowering under my (2) 125w CFLs, I bought the 400w HPS and switched them over.
The timing wasn't great but next grow they'll go under the HPS right at the beginning of 12s. The wwbb is 18 inches and the ww is about 14 inches. I'm not expecting much of a yield this time around but have plenty of clones to work with after I harvest the 2 big ones.
WWxBB is a new strain so I didn't know what to expect. The smell is heavenly and they are beginning to get frosty with resin. The wwbb smells very citrus-like... a lemon smell. The WW doesn't have much of a smell yet.
QUESTION...
I have 5 clones (in 2 liter bottles) that have been flowering and stretching for 10-14 days. A couple of them are really nice plants so I've decided to transplant them to larger pots (2 gallon) for their last 6 weeks.
When is the best time to transplant these? Should I wait until the stretch is completely done before disturbing the roots?
Thanks

i would transplant them right away rev.i wouldve took them out of the bottles even befor they were 8 to 10inches tall and stuck them into 5 to 7 gallon buckets or larger if found 1 .

The 400 hps has been in place for 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see how close to the plants it should be. I researched that question and got responses -- from 5 inches to 18 inches.

Among the pix today are several shots of the WWxBB. They are at day 42 (I think the pix are day 35). Hmmm, musta been stoned. Say it ain't so, Rev, you hophead.
My take on the WWxBB is that it is a very hardy plant. It still has 2 weeks to go and it smells so sweet. The smell is much like my Blue Mystics smelled, only better. I've been expecting to see a hermie ball or two but not yet. I asked another grower about his last crop of WWBB and he said it leans more to the WW in terms of the buzz.
A couple of the clones in the pix are WWxBB. I guess I'm proud of these clones cause they are my first! I ain't a clone virgin no more! Whoo-hoo.

So, the perpetual garden has plants of different ages. The oldest are the WWBB and the WW at 6 weeks flower. They have done quite well in their recovery from the Superthrive poisoning but it took a lot out of them too. They were trying to flower and fight off the OD of vitamins at the same time. It's like trying to play in a 2 hour basketball game when you have mononucleosis. I should have kept them in veg until they were healthier but I made the wrong choice. Why do you think they call it dope.
After 2 thorough flushes ten days apart, they slowly got back to their nutes -- Flora Nova Bloom at full strength. I'm giving them one more shot of nutes in the next few days and will begin to flush sometime in a week or so.
I have not looked at the trichs yet. I suppose I should pull out the ol' magnifier and check 'em out pretty soon. I might be inclined to let these go a little longer because of the lost time while they were in sick bay.

Next oldest in the garden are the clones - 3 BM and 2 WWBB at 2 weeks flower. As I said, these are my first grown clones. I was thinking in terms of growing them in 2 liter bottles but decided to throw a couple of them in larger containers - 2-gal pots for their last 6 weeks of grow time. Since I had never grown clones before, I didn't expect them to be this large or vigorous. So, this was a happy surprise.

There is a pic below of a WWBB seedling that was vegged for 17 days and then put under 12s. Surrounding the WWBB are 3 Ice plant seedlings from Nirvana. I think they are 5-6 days old. 2 of them have those weird, mutant-looking leaves that indicate the mother plants were grown on another planet. I threw them under 12s as soon as they hatched.

The youngest plant in the garden is a WW seedling. It popped two days ago and I'll leave it growing in the Mombox under low-watt CFLs for a few weeks. Also in the Mombox is the Blue Mystic mom. I've been getting quite a few clones from her. The last plant in there is a Skunk Special. It was cut down in the crossfire of Flora Nova and Superthrive. It was all but dead so I put it back in a smaller pot and it has survived. It has a couple of healthy, clonable branches so I will take those before long.

In the Clonebox... I'm trying to remember what's in there. I have 13 clones... a mix of BMs and WWs at varying ages. The WW have proven to be the hardest of all of them for me to clone. I have 3 WW that look like they are finally gonna make it. I must have taken 15-20 clones from my WW plant over the last 2 months. All died while I was trying to become a better cloner.

I need to return with some pix of the WW and some of the younger clones. All is well.

Day 83 04.jpg

Day 83 BM clone.jpg

Day 83 BM clone2.jpg

Day 83 Clones.jpg

Day 83 Ice wwbb.jpg

Day 83 WWxBB.jpg

Day 85 wwbb bud.jpg

Day 85 WWxBB.jpg

That is a very nice garden you have there Rev. I like how you have a variety of strains going at the same time. We are gonna do that are next seed grow in the mean time we have 2 runs of White Widow clones left. :D Great job Rev.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
That is a very nice garden you have there Rev. I like how you have a variety of strains going at the same time. We are gonna do that are next seed grow in the mean time we have 2 runs of White Widow clones left. :D Great job Rev.
Thanks, BG. I'm like a kid in a candy shop with the different strains I have going. And since I almost wrecked a few of them this grow, I decided to jump right back on the horse and grow 'em again.

I'm inspired by all you guys that can grow nice weed in a pile of rocks. Thanks for stopping by. :cool:

Rev Your kids look nice!!

its cool to have a strain variety!!!! (4 example)so when you feel like getting very high smoke WW and when you feel like to stay chillin smoke BM or Skunk Special!!!!
You know what i mean right?

mmm sorry i just smoked a little joint and i feel nice;)
lol

purple_chronic said:
Rev Your kids look nice!!
its cool to have a strain variety!!!! (4 example) so when you feel like getting very high smoke WW and when you feel like to stay chillin smoke BM or Skunk Special!!!!
You know what i mean right?
mmm sorry i just smoked a little joint and i feel nice;) lol
Thank you, Purp. One of these days I'd like to have a stash of each of those. But realistically, I'll smoke it up about 30 minutes after it is cured. When I grew many years ago (badly, I might add), I could choose between bagseed or bagseed. Now I can order up some of these fancy store-bought brands and play in the garden and smoke these nice strains until I am cross-eyed and stupid. Ain't life grand. :cool:

Here are pix of the WWBB and WW at 42 days flower. They are looking "okay." Nothing special, just okay in my twisted way of thinking. You can see from the leaves they got a snootful of something (ST) that didn't agree with them. It never totally left their system. It don't take no rocket scientist or proctologist to tell you they took one up the butt over that ordeal.

On a more positive note, you can see in the pix they both have nice growth and are getting frosty. I'll be growing their clones soon and we'll see how they do.

Day 87 WWxBB.jpg

Day 87 WWxBB 2.jpg

Day 87 WWxBB bud.jpg

Day 87 WW 42.jpg

Day 87 WW.jpg

Day 87 WW d.jpg

Day 87 WW bud.jpg

Pic #1 - 3 WW clones that I HOPE are gonna make it. I grabbed these clones when the plant was about 3 weeks into flower. I tried cloning it SEVERAL times before and they died within a day or two. I suspect the overall health of the plant affected the ability to get good clones from it. These were beginning to show hairs so they'll most likely need to re-veg. That's okay. I have plenty of other clones to work with right now.

Pic #2 - Six Blue Mystic clones are beginning to show a little growth so they'll go into a slightly larger pot soon. I'll leave them in the vegbox to thicken up before introducing them to the 400 hps.

Pic #3 - More clones in the clonebox next door to the vegbox. The 3 WW are the ones from pic 1. In the back are 3 Skunk Special clones I started tonight. They came from the SS that almost died from ST. Then there are 4 more BM clones in humidomes that are only a few days old.

Pic #4 - This is my last WW seed. I only had 2/4 germ and grow. It looks good so far.

I've done a lot of whining about killing clones but I've gotten better and now I have probably more clones than I need. I do have a couple of friends that I can gift with a clone. I received a pack of Durban Poison X Skunk #1 from Gypsy and gave them to a friend. He gave them back to me to germ for him because I told them they were tricky. I ended up not getting a single plant out of the 10 beans. SInce I killed his beans, I'll give him a few BM clones instead. He ought to like that.

Day 87 3ww clones.jpg

Day 87 6bmclones.jpg

Day 87 more clones.jpg

Day 87 ww baby.jpg

I took the WW & WWxBB ladies to the bathtub tonight and gave them a thorough flushing in preparation for harvest in the next week or so. I checked the pH & PPMs before and after the flush. Both pots had a pH of 5.7. PPMs on one was 1200 and the other was around 1000. I was steadily increasing the nutes as they got closer to the end of flowering.
I also trimmed up some of the dead, yellowed leaves. Here are some shots of the 2 ladies.

Day 95 D.jpg

Day 95 G.jpg

Day 95 J.jpg

Day 95 K.jpg

Whats up Rev. The ladies are looking great and harvest is right around the corner. Damn man it doesn't get any better than that. Great job Rev.

Thanks TBG. Yes, the fun is only beginning.

These are the "next generation" pics from the garden. I have set up a 125w CFL in the corner with a reflector. As you can see, there are 3 small seedlings snuggled up in front of it. They have been there under 12s since they hatched from their eggs.
Those are Ice by Nirvana. I pulled one last night - it was a male. I gave him the standard cigarette & blindfold and executed him. Don't need his junk around the women folk. So, 2 of the 3 are girls. He showed his stuff on day 17, they flashed their goodies on day 18. This is my first attempt at not vegging for at least a few weeks. I was kinda surprised they showed that soon.

The second pic is of various clones. I still have a couple of WW in there that are borderline as far as making it. I've never had luck cloning my current WW plant. There is also a Skunk Special clone and some BM.

The third picture shows some BM clones that are beginning to grow. I have 6 total. I've topped half of them so I can get some short and some tall plants. The ones that were topped are doing nicely and are sprouting secondary shoots. Also in the pic is a WW seedling at 9 days. I'll veg it for 3-4 weeks and then throw it under 12s. Right now I don't have space in the garden for anything else.

Day 94 26.jpg

Day 96 001.jpg

Day 96 006.jpg

Latest posts

Back