y so hard to post pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain209man

Big nug hunter
Reaction score
i have tried cropping and all kinds of effects on my images but can never dumb them down enough to fit on this site. can anyone help???? plz can get them to about 600mb but still tooooo big wat the ****????? have been having this problem for while and feel the need to share

600mb picture?
Some movies are that much. You must be able to zoom in and see atoms with that sucka. :laugh:

If youve tried all else. Try HoverSnap. Just Google it for a download. Takes Snap shots of your screen or parts of your screen. Can make your own size cursor box for what you want a picture of.
Full screen shots with it are usually 200+kbs is all. If doing a custom box, you can easily get them under 100kb no problem.

Heres a sample of a snap for ya. 52.6kbs it says.
Capture6-28-2011-3.00.01 AM.jpg

the file size limit for your most common image formats (jpg, jpeg, gif) is 488kb.
or usually around 800x600 pixels, which we've found to be 'optimal' for most users monitors/screen size.
Resolution refers to the number of pixels in an image. Resolution is sometimes identified by the width and height of the image as well as the total number of pixels in the image. For example, an image that is 2048 pixels wide and 1536 pixels high (2048X1536) contains (multiply) 3,145,728 pixels (or 3.1 Megapixels). You could call it a 2048X1536 or a 3.1 Megapixel image. As the megapixels in the pickup device in your camera increase so does the possible maximum size image you can produce. This means that a 5 megapixel camera is capable of capturing a larger image than a 3 megapixel camera.
How does image resolution play out on my computer monitor?

The computer screen you are looking at right now is set at a particular resolution as well. The larger the screen, the larger you likely have your screen resolution set. If you have a 17" monitor, likely you have it set at 800X600 pixels. If you have a 19" screen it is likely set at 1024X768. You can change the settings but these are optimum for those screen sizes.

Now, if your monitor is set to 800X600 and you open up an image that is 640X480, it will only fill up a part of your screen. If you open up an image that is 2048X1536 (3.1 megapixels) then you will find yourself moving the slider bar around to see all the different parts of the image. It just won't fit.
hXXp://www.microscope-microscope.org/imaging/image-resolution.htm

I use Paint to resize my pics. Virtually every PC has it and it is incredibly easy to use to resize.

I thought the same thing the first couple times uploading pics. Then I noticed my camera has a simple setting to change the pixel size before shooting. Check your camera.

thanks for the help everyone but i found the picasa and conquered it! How about some more from last years before we get to this year. Headband was crushed in a crucial move and didnt get a big smart pot like the jack herer

037.JPG

039.JPG

You might want to block your face out a lil bit in that second pic....no need to give up your anonymity....

Latest posts

Back