yeah, it's me again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouq

Reaction score
So quick question for all the pot growing guru's out there, this is my first grow my plants are 6 weeks into flower and looking great, but a few days ago the fan leaves on the bottom of one of the plants started to wilt and die. Now I haven't changed anything I've been doing throughout the entire grow, so why is this happening now? Could it be a nitrogen defeciency? I stop using nutes when I put the plants into flowering, and they seemed fine for the last 5 and a half weeks, I don't want my babies to die so any advice is appreciated. Thx

Bouq said:
So quick question for all the pot growing guru's out there, this is my first grow my plants are 6 weeks into flower and looking great, but a few days ago the fan leaves on the bottom of one of the plants started to wilt and die. Now I haven't changed anything I've been doing throughout the entire grow, so why is this happening now? Could it be a nitrogen defeciency? I stop using nutes when I put the plants into flowering, and they seemed fine for the last 5 and a half weeks, I don't want my babies to die so any advice is appreciated. Thx

You can expect the bottom fan leaves to start yellowing at the end of flowering, this is normal as the plant uses all of it's stored Nitrogen.

But you said that you stopped using nutes, when you started to flower, is this correct, or did you switch to flowering nutes that are high in P and K?
If you did stop feeding them, it is amazing that they grew at all, and it is miraculous that they produced any type of bud with out any P.

also with no K(Pottassium) you are making your plants very volunerable to desease, bugs, fungus and mold. K stregthens the plants immune system and makes it able to fight off the nasties, while still growing and thriving. A plant with no K, is like a person that never got any booster shots, as soon as there is a slight problem, it will be magnified 10 fold.

I usually stop feeding an 8 week strain at the end of the 6th week, so that it has a 2 week flush to remove the chemical residue in the plants, but I have never heard of not feeding the plants during the entire flowering period.

Is your plant budding? How close does it look to being done? What strain are you growing?

what's up massproducer, thanks for the tips on the yellowing leaves, about the nutes, this was my first grow so like a dumb noobie I was using miracle grow pre-nute soil. After they were in veg for 2 weeks I started to give them nutes that I bought at the store, I only used the nutes at half strength and it looked as if the plants were getting nute burn, so I stopped giving them anything but water, air, and light from then on. The plants are beautiful, I'm not just saying this because they're mine, I mean the are absolutely georgous. The buds are nice and plump with alot of resin, and the grow-room reeks of a glorious fruity/skunky aroma of ripening buds. I promise I will be posting pics soon so everyone can give me their opinion, look for them in my grow journal:)

Latest posts

Back