Yeild vs. Plant Size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teckS

Reaction score
OK i just started up my 2nd set of plants.. these guys are growing under a 430 HPS as opposed to the old ones under floros... ok these plants are growing a new set of leaves about every 1.5 cm up the stem.. i am doing LST... my old plants were growing a set every prolly 3-4 inches... this will mean that the new plant will have an equal # of nodes at a smaller height.. does that mean that i can force flowering sooner and still have the same yeild because they have equal nodes? or is it still better to wait it out and give them 3 or so months of vegging?

You need to veg until they are sexually mature, which means they have alternating nodes and also possibly pre-flowers. This can take any where from 5-6 weeks and longer. On my first two grows I starting seeing Alt. Nodes around 6 weeks. Once this happens you can put them into 12/12 and know you will get the best yield. If you force your plants to flower before they are sexually mature your buds could suffer. Good Luck and GG

DillaWilla said:
You need to veg until they are sexually mature, which means they have alternating nodes and also possibly pre-flowers. This can take any where from 5-6 weeks and longer.

Unless you're using clones from a sexually mature plant. Then, you can put them into flower as soon as they have sufficient roots to support the growth.

Very true SB...I forgot to mention that, thanks for cleaning up behind me. That is why you are the Gandelf of the forum...lol...j/k...Peace Out and GG

ok.. i think mine will be fine when ever then because they were cloned from a mature plant that had been in flowering for about a week.. thanks for the comments :D

Ok i have similar questions. My plants are now 6 weeks old and are sexually mature (preflowers). I switched them to 12s a week ago. The problem is I think their too tall. They are between 2 and 2 1/2 feet tall and I only have another 2 feet to raise the light. Will they grow too tall during the bloom cycle? Can I topp them off this late? :confused:

i believe you still have atleast 2 more weeks of fast height growth. if i were you i would just Lst and do not top while into flowering or 2 weeks prior to flowering.

Latest posts

Back