Yellow edges and curling under at the ends please help my little babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max 87F opened the vents up today too, humidity is staying around 90rh is that ok aswell.
Cheers

:eek: wow dude, thats hot and WAY too much humidity. I don't know if the humidity meters are different over there, but 90% your lookin at drywall damage and stuff. you get to get some air running through there. How did you get it that high to begin with :confused: . you want during veg. 40% to maybe 60% tops. I keep mine around 48%. R/H My temp around 75F I would rather 72 or 73

Weed likes low to mid 70F.

Yes Stoney Bud is right, your fryin em. Please tell me your not using Mircale grow still.

P.S. I know it sucks trying to convert all those numbers to our bassackwards way of the standard system. I will convert it. I got a convertor handy. We would rather have what you measure by.

Nah i am using the hydro ebb and flow, and the humidity gets high cus they in a propagator, think they ready to come out, or think i should take the top off.
Thanks dude, no miracle grow using formulex.

It looks like its ready for the top to come off. They are rooted, no need for the excessive humidity now. Actually may hurt things.

Thanks dude, opened the vents and the humidity dropped to around 75 got the fan on aswell so that should lower it further, gona have the experiment asn try and keep the humity down the room stays at 65 standard without being inside the propagator, is that ok or think i should start using my de-humidifier a couple of hours a day?

Hey dudes, heres a few more pics, after checking em this morning the leaves had wilted real bad over night take a look, could that be from not given em enough water?
Cheers

DSC00231.JPG

DSC00232.JPG

DSC00233.JPG

DSC00234.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

DSC00236.JPG

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00239.JPG

DSC00241.JPG

DSC00240.JPG

Swordfreak said:
Hey dudes, heres a few more pics, after checking em this morning the leaves had wilted real bad over night take a look, could that be from not given em enough water?
Cheers
Ok, you say you're using "Ebb and Flow" and I see what could be an Ebb and Flow system under the green tray, but it looks like you just have the rockwool cubes sitting in a green tray, not in the Ebb and Flow system.

How are you watering the plants? Are you just pouring some water into the tray or what?

I'm glad you posted those pics. I was under the impression that the plants were already in the Ebb and Flow system.

If you're hand watering the cubes, then just keep them moist until they are rooted and can be put into the Ebb and Flow system. You'll know they are rooted well enough when you see roots coming out of the rockwool.

Edit: Ok, after looking at the pics again, I see that the plants HAVE roots showing under the cubes. The plants are ready to put into the Ebb and Flow units. Gently take each cube and put it into the grow buckets that have the clay pellets in them. Those buckets are the ebb and flow units.

Do you have the units hooked up with a water supply from a reservoir so that the plants will get fed automatically? If so, then put the plants into the units and turn it on. No, DO NOT PRUNE THE PLANTS YET. They are just little seedlings and are not ready to "Top" until they are IN the grow chambers and growing on their own.

Swordfreak said:
Please some one help, i am growing 6 Oasis seedlings under a 600w HPS, in a hydropod ebb and flow system, the temp is staying between 65 and 80 at all times, running the light 24 hours a day (cus me timer broke), using formulex to a cf rating of 12 and ph at 5.5, growing in rockwool cubes 11 days old now, 5 have 3 good leaves and starting 4th and one is only just starting its third and is 2 inches smaller, the leaves on the smaller ones are yellow, and three of the other plants have yellow edges and the leaves are curling under at the ends, humidity is staying in the region of 85-90 inside the propagator, had a disaster after 2 days of germinating cus esoteric hydro told me to put the fan on the propagator to keep it cool, the light is a good 3-4 feet away from the plants canope, but it was getting hot, so i did that and overnight the Relative Humidity fell from 90 to 30, 3 of my babies died becaue of that and the rest recover quite well but were ovbiously slowed down due to it, i got a feeling i might be subconsiously overwatering them so i started leaving them 3 days inbetween before watering them, checking the rockwool everyday though, oh ye and when should i open the vents in the propagator to get some fresh air in there? Cheers
Ok, here is your third post in the series. This is where we all got lost. In this post, you've said you're using an ebb and flow system. That's what got everyone going in the wrong direction. You're not using the ebb and flow system yet. The plants aren't in it. You still have the plants sitting in a "propagation tray".

Let's all back up and start over with the advice.

If the plants ARE rooted good, then get them into the ebb and flow system. If you've set it up correctly, then it should have a pump on a timer that will feed the plants. I would set it to run 1 hour on, two hours off. Keep your light at 24 inches from the tops of the plants. Use a half strength nutrient solution until the plants show new growth in the hydroponic units.

I think we can still get those plants growing good again. We were just all on the wrong page.

Lol, thanks dude, yes i got the system ready to recieve i was just waiting for the roots to grow through the sides, i just gota get a electronic timer i got one but it is faulty, have to get one tomorrow, just using a little watering can to water the plants, i see where i confused you all, MUTT said above how he didnt realize i was in a propagator still, they seem to be growing OK at the moment but definateley slowed a bit, thanks for the help gona go check on em now.

Hy they are now in the system, the main one, got some pics below, take a look, 6 individual pics of each one, Cheers

DSC00243.JPG

DSC00244.JPG

DSC00245.JPG

DSC00246.JPG

DSC00247.JPG

DSC00249.JPG

DSC00250.JPG

Swordfreak said:
Hy they are now in the system, the main one, got some pics below, take a look, 6 individual pics of each one, Cheers
That's much better looking man.

You need to really water them good 4 times a day until you get your pump.

Got my timer working now, all seems well seen the brown patches on the leaves what could that be?, thanks dude, think i could get a pound in that space then?
Cheers

Brown patches could have been caused by a lot of things at this point. just keep an eye on your PH. There are some charts in general indoor growing. Just follow those. PH is the first thing I check when there is a prblem. ;)

Glad to see em surviving. I don't know about a pound being a first grow. I ussually tell people an ounce per plant so you don't get your hopes up too high.

Cheers mutt, think i could get that much or more when i get a bit more experience, what do you average a plant in soil? Cheers

Thats a low end call. Just never get your hopes up really high. My first indoor was a little over an oz. I can't give you a solid answer on my yeilds depends on the strain. Outdoors had one 3/4 pound. Indoors. I think it was around 5 or 6. I quit wieghing. I just grow for myself and don't really pay attention anymore. Got rid of my scales. (I get nervous with anything that shows a sign of intent to distribute) I keep my grow always under 5 including my clones. My neck of the woods anything over 5 plants and my ass is grass and the judge is a tractor with a bushhawg. Scales won't help my "personal grow" defense IMHO.

Very true, lol, i think the laws over here are a bit looser, What class is weed in america, its a class C over here, you can smoke weed in your house and a cop wouldn't do a thing, can be caught with a Q (8g) and they just confiscate it, and loads of peeps i have spoken to about it, one dude who is still growing now apparently has been caught a fair few times and the max sentence he got for 36 plants was 3 months and was out after 6 weeks, first two times he got caught recieved a small fine, wish i could get 5 or 6 ounces a plant, =).

My neck of the woods. If you caught with under an ounce they take your liscence for a year and $1000 fine. Over an ounce is felony intent to distribute. 1st offense not too bad. but hell of a fine.

1-5 plants is a felony. 1st offense probation and I think about 5 thousand for a fine, plus attorney fees.
5+ plants=jail time. they may seize the house and all sorts of bullshit.
I'll have to look it up again. but thats an idea. :(

Heres some more pics they are growing well but the bottom leaves are all shrivelled, i followed the nutrient instructions to the tea, (1/2 strengh), i have soughted the ph too, the bottom leaves are still like that, take a look see.

DSC00251.JPG

DSC00252.JPG

DSC00253.JPG

DSC00254.JPG

DSC00255.JPG

DSC00256.JPG

DSC00257.JPG

Swordfreak said:
Heres some more pics they are growing well but the bottom leaves are all shrivelled, i followed the nutrient instructions to the tea, (1/2 strengh), i have soughted the ph too, the bottom leaves are still like that, take a look see.
If your pump is what is filling your buckets now, then the media level is too low. I can see water through the media. That will cause algae growth at a tremendous rate. Very gently without even touching the plant, put more media in until you can no longer see water when the bucket fills. How often are you running the pump each day?

I can't really tell in your pics, but is there new growth that is coming out nice and healthy looking? If so, then just wait until the new growth increases and lets see what it does. You may be out of the woods now.

If there isn't any new growth, post a pic every day just as the lights come on. We'll have to see what happens man.

You've said your pH is correct at 6.2 to 6.8.
You've said your light is at the correct distance.
You've said your plants are getting proper air circulation.
You've said your nutrients are properly measured and applied.

On the subject of nutes. Are your micro nutes a separate package? If so, you have to mix them into plain water first. I use a two gallon container. Then, add the rest of the nutes for that amount of water.

If you add the micro nutes after the other nutes, it's possible to cause a nute lockout that would cause what you're seeing.

How exactly do you mix your nutes? Tell me the method you use.

The Nutes come in a vega A and Vega B, i put ecxactly the same of A and B into the tank, i fed at half the dilution ration (actually a little under to avoid over feeding em), these contain all the micronutes needed, there does seem to be new growth appearing each day now, and there a nice healthy dark green colour, just the bottom leaves that are affected, a couple of patches on the second set of leaves, but they were there from before i transplanted to the new kit, the spread of the brown patches seems to have slowed a lot since i transplanted em, and they are smelling loveley =).

I am going away tomoz for a wekk, dont worry got a babysitter, trusted friend of mine, but when i get bk i will add some more pics to show you how they are doing, the nutes i am using are advising a ph of 5.2 - 6.2, i am using 6.2 but are they wrong in giving these numbers, 5.2 is extremeley low, they are on there 6th set of leaves at the moment and starting a new set every few days, just worried about these patches.

Thanks for the help, will sought out the flood and drain cycle, they fully flood and then instantly drain every 3 hours of the day, the media, clay pebbles dry out quite quick and this routine was advised by the supplier. Just got to adjust the timer so that the water does not fully cover the pebbles.

Latest posts

Back