Yellow edges and curling under at the ends please help my little babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swordfreak said:
there does seem to be new growth appearing each day now, and there a nice healthy dark green colour, just the bottom leaves that are affected, a couple of patches on the second set of leaves, but they were there from before i transplanted to the new kit, the spread of the brown patches seems to have slowed a lot since i transplanted em, and they are smelling lovely =).
Good, you have new growth happening. It sounds as if the problem has been resolved.

Swordfreak said:
the nutes i am using are advising a pH of 5.2 - 6.2, i am using 6.2 but are they wrong in giving these numbers, 5.2 is extremely low, they are on there 6th set of leaves at the moment and starting a new set every few days, just worried about these patches.
Perhaps they meant the pH needed to be that BEFORE you add the nutes. You should always mix your nutrients in a separate container prior to adding them to your reservoir. The plain water in your container may need to have the lower pH. Their nutes may bring the pH up from there to the correct 6.2 to 6.8 level. Before adding the nutrients you've mixed, check and adjust the pH. Then check and adjust the pH in the reservoir. After both the reservoir and the new mix has been properly adjusted, THEN add the new mix to the reservoir. This method with save you a lot of problems. After the solution is pumping to the plants, no way is anything less than 6.2 going to work right. I would try to get as close to 6.5 as you can.

Swordfreak said:
Thanks for the help, will sought out the flood and drain cycle, they fully flood and then instantly drain every 3 hours of the day, the media, clay pebbles dry out quite quick and this routine was advised by the supplier. Just got to adjust the timer so that the water does not fully cover the pebbles.
You're very welcome for any help I've given. That's what this entire group is all about.

About your unit. Doesn't it have an overflow level where the solution flows back into the reservoir while the pump is on? If so, the positioning of that return line is how you judge how much media to use. The media should be two inches above the high water level.

I've never seen an ebb and flow unit that didn't use a return line. If you've got one, please direct me to the site that sells it. I'd like to see what they've done.

Much appreciated, sorry for the long no reply just got back from tenerife in the canary islands, i would love to grow a filed of weed there, so much son =). The website is www.1-hydropics.co.uk, yes there is an overflow tube, but water seems to flood about an inch abive the overflow and then stop there, i guess i could add a few more pebbles to higher the level, just got back from hols and gone 8 days without seeing them, god they have shot up, still got the patches, but damn they looking good, and the smell when i open the door, yum yum, i will get you some pics tomoz, they have grown probabley 2 or 3 more fan leaves over the week, and have grew probabley 4 inches, there are branches growing out from the nodes, only bad thing is the healthiest one when i went away is now the weakest, not as bushy, thanks for everything dude, nice being back in civilization, i got bit twice by two sea turtles, one took a chunk of hair and the other a chunk of wet suit, and i nearly sat on a butterfly sting ray, i was diving aswell i ent stoned before you say anything, well maybe a little.

Latest posts

Back