yellow leafs and curling up, about 2 weeks old. Total noob here last 2 seedlings died. I need much help. Guerrilla grow since seed. Water stress?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy123

Reaction score
IMG_0429.jpg

Are you feeding it , looks nute burnt
Soil like MG is loaded with fert already
Need info about what you have done

Welcome Ziggy. Tell us everything you have done to this point. So we can help. Roster is probably right. Tender little girl and easy to over feed at this stage.

You are best to start seeds into a seed mix brought from a nursery they dont need any feed until they are set ,even some potting mixes are too hot

Are you feeding it , looks nute burnt
Soil like MG is loaded with fert already
Need info about what you have done
No nutes. Just bought some random cheap "universal" potting mix and planted it straight into that. So I understand that the soil probably has too many nutes and it got burned. How the hell do i fix this?

Welcome Ziggy. Tell us everything you have done to this point. So we can help. Roster is probably right. Tender little girl and easy to over feed at this stage.
Thank you. First I put the seed into a wet paper towel, then when it germinated I planted it strait into the potting soil. Finally I put a plastic bottle over it to protect it from slugs and stuff and let it sit outside in the sun.

You are best to start seeds into a seed mix brought from a nursery they dont need any feed until they are set ,even some potting mixes are too hot
Ok yea that's probably it. Should i transplant it? or just leave it and hope for it to grow. Any hope?

You could have burnt it with the sun and with that bottle covering it. That's like a magnifying glass on that seedling.
I've put seeds directly into MG many times with no problems. I don't think that's nute burn. I think that's from covering it with plastic. To hot and no air.

Going to be a hard save now , but never give up , IF it was me only an opinion , I would rip out of the pot drop in rock wool or just a glass of water with some cotton wool to hold ti up , put on a window sill that gets some sun
good luck Im rooten for ya

Let it be and see what happens on a windowsill without the cover
Water only when needed, let soil dry a bit in between waterings
It may recover, and then when she is bigger you transplant into a larger pot
Good Luck

As the others said, no cover after the seedling breaks ground. I just plop my seeds in soil in a small amount of soil and wrap the container in plastic wrap(no pre-germination or soaking the seed in water). Once I see the sprout above ground, I remove the plastic wrap. In nature they get exposed to fresh air and light so I let them do what comes naturally.

Give it plenty of sunshine and fresh air and lets see what happens.

Give it plenty of sunshine and fresh air and lets see what happens.
ok, thats what i will do. I will make a slug colar and put that over it instead. Also, I can't put it inside my house for "reasons". The whole thing is a guerrilla grow, I have no control over the watering so I made sure to give it good drainage. Hopefully rain will do just fine.

As the others said, no cover after the seedling breaks ground. I just plop my seeds in soil in a small amount of soil and wrap the container in plastic wrap(no pre-germination or soaking the seed in water). Once I see the sprout above ground, I remove the plastic wrap. In nature they get exposed to fresh air and light so I let them do what comes naturally.

Ok good to know, other people reccomended me to cover it for higher humidity which is supposedly better. Also the plant is outside, the plastic cover was meant to protect it from mainly slugs. I will put a slug collar around it to allow fresh air and stuff and keep it somewhat protected (one of my plants before this got killed by one). Also I now realise that the plastic cover might have made it much harder for rain water to get to the plant. Total idiot here

Not able to put my plant inside. Also im terrified of transplanting it. I rely on rain for watering. The "pot" is just the bag the soil came in with a bunch of holes at the bottom. In total there is 20l of soil i think which should be more than enough for my small autoflower strain.
Let it be and see what happens on a windowsill without the cover
Water only when needed, let soil dry a bit in between waterings
It may recover, and then when she is bigger you transplant into a larger pot
Good Luck

Ok good to know, other people reccomended me to cover it for higher humidity which is supposedly better. Also the plant is outside, the plastic cover was meant to protect it from mainly slugs. I will put a slug collar around it to allow fresh air and stuff and keep it somewhat protected (one of my plants before this got killed by one). Also I now realise that the plastic cover might have made it much harder for rain water to get to the plant. Total idiot here
You are not an idiot. Everyone needs to learn and the best way to learn something and have it ingrained in memory is to make a mistake. Everyone on here has made their share of mistakes. As far as the rain water goes, seedlings like moist soil but not wet soil. After the seedling stage, you want to give the plants a wet/dry cycle so that oxygen gets too the roots. A good soil with good drainage is essential too.

Also, I am not an auto grower. Look up @Carty on here. His threads are chock full of expert level auto info. I think I recall him saying when watering auto seedlings to keep watering lights and to only water away from the stem by 2-3”. Roots will grow to seek out moisture and good roots make good plants.

Latest posts

Back