Yellow leaves, brown spots, and budding early

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VerryPerry

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Im new here so forgive me if im not doing this correctly (lol). But my one of my newest plants is mot growing correctly and i am not sure why. It has not gained any height or leaves in about two weeks and is starting to get yellow and brown spots. Also the stems are turning purple.

Oh one more thing, it is already showing female nodes but I have the light cycle on 18/6... is this normal? This is my first indoor plant I have grown by myself, im used to just letting the sun do a lot of the work haha

Any help is much appreciated!

Please Help!!

Attachments

• 7BD87EB0-8E0E-467F-8523-85E7DAC43D66.jpeg
    7BD87EB0-8E0E-467F-8523-85E7DAC43D66.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 201
  • D470C4AC-53F1-48A5-AA4B-73536850EF48.jpeg
    D470C4AC-53F1-48A5-AA4B-73536850EF48.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 193
  • CA509AD9-7D3E-45DD-8495-798D4A9D9B7E.jpeg
    CA509AD9-7D3E-45DD-8495-798D4A9D9B7E.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 188
  • B9627188-4ADD-4B10-A749-BB3B25AA1440.jpeg
    B9627188-4ADD-4B10-A749-BB3B25AA1440.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 190
  • D3349FDF-A52C-45D3-B2B1-AE230A919185.jpeg
    D3349FDF-A52C-45D3-B2B1-AE230A919185.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Normally I would be looking at these on my computer but anyways, they are starving to put it bluntly. They were probably doing great but now they need a bigger pot and a more balanced diet

Thanks for the reply nick.

So this whole plant was kind of a hit or miss and I wasn't really expecting it to survive... It started off with another small cannabis plant in a small hydroponic system that is for tomatoes and didn't have nutrients for about 3 months (crazy I know). I don't know how it even grew.

But I found it in there wanted to try to get it to grow to its full potential as I knew it had no way to do that in the tiny hydroponic system. So I took it out of there and put it in a pot with some soil and gave it some plant food. I don't know the NPK of the food I gaveit but I figured it was better than nothing.

Do you think I could save it and get some small yield off it? Even if it is just a quarter ounce lol, it smore of an expirement to try and save it.

Also do you have any nutrient/soil recommendations for me?

Thanks so much!

Nick, I don't think he knows what an auto is. I've read his posts and I don't see where he states auto or photo. I would say the same thing as you, transplant and a proper container. It looks hungerfied to me too

Perry, am I right to assume that the pet water bowl container doesn't have any holes drilled in the bottom for drainage? See how the bottom leaves are being consumed, depleting the plant's stored food in the leaves. What brand soil is that you are using? Were the roots white and vibrant, or brown or black when she came out of the hydro? And the plant food is something like Miracle Grow or Schultz? Do you have a hydro store near you and some money in your pocket? I bet you can get a bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest (15 bucks) and a two gal. plastic grow bag ( 1 dollar) or a fabric grow bag (3-4 dollars at the most) and transplant up to a larger container every 20-30 day with fresh soil. That's $20 at the most and in two weeks and she'll bounce back with proper watering and good light. Probably your cheapest fix and organic to boot. Next option would be auto ph adjusted bottled nutrients, like Advance Nutrients Perfect PH. You just mix in the nutes in low ppm water, if you have it, stir and you get perfect ph every time. Next option would be buying a ph meter, ppm meter, and bottled nutrients, ph up and ph down to adjust the ph

Plants from seed for the most part show sex around 30 days (maturity), clones, on the other hand, are already sexually mature, so yes it is normal to have a calyx and pistils (two white hairs) at the upper nodes.

Yes, your plants are saveable and worth saving. Good luck!

Last edited:
Nick, I don't think he knows what an auto is. I've read his posts and I don't see where he states auto or photo. I would say the same thing as you, transplant and a proper container. It looks hungerfied to me too

Perry, am I right to assume that the pet water bowl container doesn't have any holes drilled in the bottom for drainage? See how the bottom leaves are being consumed, depleting the plant's stored food in the leaves. What brand soil is that you are using? Were the roots white and vibrant, or brown or black when she came out of the hydro? And the plant food is something like Miracle Grow or Schultz? Do you have a hydro store near you and some money in your pocket? I bet you can get a bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest (15 bucks) and a two gal. plastic grow bag ( 1 dollar) or a fabric grow bag (3-4 dollars at the most) and transplant up to a larger container every 20-30 day with fresh soil. That's $20 at the most and in two weeks and she'll bounce back with proper watering and good light. Probably your cheapest fix and organic to boot. Next option would be auto ph adjusted bottled nutrients, like Advance Nutrients Perfect PH. You just mix in the nutes in low ppm water, if you have it, stir and you get perfect ph every time. Next option would be buying a ph meter, ppm meter, and bottled nutrients, ph up and ph down to adjust the ph

Plants from seed for the most part show sex around 30 days (maturity), clones, on the other hand, are already sexually mature, so yes it is normal to have a calyx and pistils (two white hairs) at the upper nodes.

Yes, your plants are saveable and worth saving. Good luck!

thanks for the help! First off that pot is designed for growing flowers so yes there is drainage.
Second, the roots were very healthy lookin!

And the food was most likely something along those lines. Cant be too sure what kind as it has been sitting around for a while. I just figured it was better than nothing.

The soil was just some cheap stuff i got from the grocery store in a quick effort to get it into some soil with a little more nutrients than that little hydro setup lol.

I actually have a fabric grow bag that ill put it into today with some new nutrient rich soil. Also instead of changing the soil in 20-30 days would adding more nutes be just as effective? (in ur opinion which makes for a better yield)

That's no excuse, Nick, you're always toasted! lol Truthfully I was nodding in and out on the Klonopin.

I didn't even think about that stiggy. 90 days if it was an auto it would be done. I guess he did say that! durp!

That's no excuse, Nick, you're always toasted! lol Truthfully I was nodding in and out on the Klonopin.

I didn't even think about that stiggy. 90 days if it was an auto it would be done. I guess he did say that! durp!

LOL

Thanks for the help Capt. Just ordered some of that soil online and itll be here in a couple days. Got some of the correct nutrients as well. You ever used the brand grobasics?

Perry is that the hydro tomato grower? It looks like you would screw on a two-liter bottle like an animal waterer. I am legally blind and half Ricky retard-o, lol. so there is that. lol.

You really aren't changing the soil you are just transplanting up with fresh soil. Your basic grow would take it from a solo party cup to a gal, then 3 gals then a 5 or more to finish it. If'in I was you I'd do my first suggestion, your weed will taste so much better and it is cheaper. But you can't just stick it in cruddy soil, and cheap universal plant food is unbelievably high NPK. I do not recommend using it but if I was on a desert island and had to use it, I'd mix it at about a 1/8th strength, but you'd still have the PH problem, you'd develop lockout and the plant will die quickly. Better to use FFOF and do water only FTW.

Now that soil is considered a hot soil, do not add nutes to it for at least 3 weeks.

Gonna be fun to get that one out of the horseshoe pot. I transplanted several the other day from a dixie cup to a 3 gal grow bucket (its what I use) I noticed that in 10 days time those rascally little girls have 10 inches of roots hanging outta those pots. No joke in 10 days! The most important thing when transplanting is not to shock the plant by damaging the roots. I suggest you up pot one last time and based on the age of the plant I suggest a minimum of a 5 gallon pot. A 7 would be better yet. After they recover I would start a supplemental regimen right away.

Sabby, The soil will arrvine in a week... The nutrients will arrive in 2 days... Since i dont want to wait to transplant im going to use the Organic Potting Mix i have on hand and do that today. Ill keep you guys updated on the plant if youd like?

Gonna be fun to get that one out of the horseshoe pot. I transplanted several the other day from a dixie cup to a 3 gal grow bucket (its what I use) I noticed that in 10 days time those rascally little girls have 10 inches of roots hanging outta those pots. No joke in 10 days! The most important thing when transplanting is not to shock the plant by damaging the roots. I suggest you up pot one last time and based on the age of the plant I suggest a minimum of a 5 gallon pot. A 7 would be better yet. After they recover I would start a supplemental regimen right away.

Its going into a what looks like a 4 gallon grow bag in about 20 minutes. Its got roots hanging out of the horseshoe pot drainage lol. Ill keep you updated on the outcome

Hi Perry, welcome to MP. You have had some good help already. I just want to add that as you may know cannabis is an expensive plant to grow. It is a high energy plant and you need a good soil that is made for pot. FFOF is fine. You need good lights good ventilation and lots of love. Go read the stickies that the forum has, lots of good info here, but we will help you too. If you want to go organic, it is a lot easier as you don't have to ph. just a thought.

Latest posts

Back