Yellow leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2small

Reaction score
My large and small leaves more toward the bottom of my plants are turning yellow. They are in pots of 1/3 potting soil, 1/3 coco coir, 1/3 worm castings with vermiculite, bone meal and some lime. Six are budding beautifully with one 1 lagging by a few weeks and not sure why. But, my question is why are the bottom leaves turning yellow? I'm thinking they are eating the nutrients so fast that they want more. I have plenty of worm castings and will toss more on top but I am wondering if I should add molasses, wood ash, more bone meal or anything else. Like I said the buds look sweet but I know that the yellow leaves are a sign of something. Oh, and I have been spraying them with epson salt solution every week or two. Thanks for reading and any replies! :D

Yellowing leaves usually denotes a lack of N. If you are wanting to use a a super soil where you do not need to feed your plants through the entire grow, I believe that you are going to need far more added to your base soil than what you have put into it. I use NV's super soil which has about 12 different things added and I still need to supplement with some organic teas.

Thanks Hemp Goddess. You always helped me learn even though you may not have ever known it from me reading your replies to other people's posts. But I looked on the leaf chart from the sick plant section and it definitely looks like a nitrogen deficiency yet I don't want to add a nitrogen supplement and blunt the flowering process. I think I will keep doing what I am doing and add more worm castings, epson salt foliar spray and maybe some molasses and maybe some diluted kale juice as I have a juicer and lots of kale.

2small said:
Thanks Hemp Goddess. You always helped me learn even though you may not have ever known it from me reading your replies to other people's posts. But I looked on the leaf chart from the sick plant section and it definitely looks like a nitrogen deficiency yet I don't want to add a nitrogen supplement and blunt the flowering process. I think I will keep doing what I am doing and add more worm castings, epson salt foliar spray and maybe some molasses and maybe some diluted kale juice as I have a juicer and lots of kale.

I would recommend making a tea and watering your girls with that. I like this one that Ozzy posted:

5 Gal Dechlorinated water(I dont check or pay attention to PH)
5 TBL(tablespoon) Blackstrap Molasses
2 Cups worm casting
1 Cup compost
5 TBL Epson Salts
5 TBL Blood meal
5 TBL Bone meal

Brew for 48 hrs in a aeration bucket(air stone in a bucket) the more air the better.Then strain before mixing or using. Then mix 50/50 with plain dechlorinated water and water your plants. For a treat for my ladies I Use 25%Tea/75% plain dechlorinated water as a folier spray.

Any thing that does not desolve in the brewing time just gets added to the compost pile."

I like this tea and everything needed is readily available. If you use this you can quit foliar feeding with epsom salts. I generally only foliar feed if I have a bad deficiency that I feel needs to be addressed immediately.

Brewing that recipe you posted with just a little less blood meal.

Latest posts

Back