yellow leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
a little more then a week ago ,,I used this stuff called kelp you kelp me ,,,afterwards I was informed its not that great to use ,,,a fellow member told me to flush them,,,i did that flushed the hell out of them ,,,the girls were about 5 to 6 weeks into flowering ,,,the girls have dried up since the flushing ,,,but the leaves are still yellow maybe even more yellow than before,,,, with only two or three weeks to go is there anything I can do or should I just leave it alone ,,,the buds are producing nicely ,,,I just hate seeing yellow leaves ,,,,,thanks in advance for any help ,,,,,zigggy

you flushed away all there nutrants and have not feed them, they hungry, feed them asap!

With only a couple weeks left I wouldn't bother feeding it. Just let it roll keep giving them plain water. Or that's what I would do.

I'm not sure who told you that kelp is not good to use, but I use it all the time in different forms.

If the plants were 5-6 weeks into flowering and this was a week ago, I think I would feed them. If the leaves are yellow and drying out, I doubt that they will finish without some food--they just can't go 3-4 weeks without food. And by flushing them, you washed away any residual nutrients that might have been in the soil. What had you been feeding them? What form of kelp did you feed them?

Some yellow leaves are not abnormal as you get into the latter stages of flowering.

To help with heat stress I used this stuff last month with good results. The down side is that it attracted flies and was near impossible to wash from my hands.
415%2BG7JwBTL.jpg

I wish you good karma with your grow Zigggy.

I thinks you were misled Zigggy. At least I hope so. I just ordered $150 worth of kelp in liquid and powdered form. I foliar feed it twice a week in veg and water it in with my tea during flower. I'm as close to organic as it gets indoors under light though so I never have to deal with a flush gone wrong, just plants eating more then I can feed them which causes yellow leaves. I'm with the rest, feed them girls!

Id just start feeding them a regular feed/tea, with added Magnesium/Epsom Salts.

I myself like Peruvian Seabird Guano, and Bat Shit. Bat shit isn't really guano, but most call it Guano.

Also, its a Myth to cut out Nitrogen during flowering. They actually use MORE N, and more of everything.

I don't know about the particular Brand of Kelp you used, but Kelp is good stuff, and contains 1 whole heck of a lot of trace minerals, and growth hormones. Kelp can grow up to 3 feet a day.

My main ingredients for a simple organic grow, nothing like living soil.

I use Seabird Guano, Bat Guano, Azomite, Biochar, Compost Bioactivator, Powered Kelp. I don't use Liquid nutrients. I make my own. Wood Ash, crab meal, oyster shells.

If the fan leaves are yellow it may be close to maturity. My Autorflower plants get a lot of yellow leaves at their end of life maturing out the last little bit. The flower draws nutrients from the leaves and can cause yellowing at various times. If the fan leaves are easy to "pop" off from teh stem, or curling and some brown I seriously doubt that they will be able to utilize the nutrients before it is harvest time. If it is soil it would be a bit difficult to eliminate all nutrients. There is still some in the soil.

I use Foliage-Pro fertilizer, and have used it even before growing pot. Then I saw a full page ad in one of my Marijuana grow magazine and have heard of it on a pod cast of a commercial grower. Keep in mind, one things often overlooked when growing marijuana is calcium. It is a very important part of nutrients that Marijuana plants need. LINK: https://dyna-gro.com/product/foliage-pro/ pay attention to the "For Cannabis" expansion at that link. Seriously, a lot of very experienced commercial cannabis growers use this. Easy and works. Even can use it as a foliar. (hint) ALWAYS spray foliar spray at night, not in the day. Uptake is 1000% better in the leaves at night/dark.
This video talks about what I have learned through the years about ratios and how important some of these micro nutrients are. video is not too long...

Last edited:
thanks guys,,,,i was never told not to use kelp ,,,,it was suggested I use a different brand ,,,im cool with that ,,I now have two bushdoctor in liquid and DR earth in powder ,,,I think maybe I made the food to strong ,,,,shame on me ,,,,,yes b1 I use wholly mackerel,,,,,the plants loved it but man did it smell ,,,

Latest posts

Back