yellow mushrooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
now dont flag me ..im not talking about tripping. now heres the deal i got mushrooms growing from my soil. they look cool but i dont want them. i read there no harm to plant but it does say anything about plants your going to smoke.

I suggest you try the mushrooms out. No, not yourself. Try them out on the neighbour's cat. For instance. Observe its behaviour carefully. Then you can decide whether to try them yourself. Or not.
Actually this is an amazing development. You might have bred the first psyloshroomic cannabis variety. :hubba: If that's true, they will be in a symbiotic relationship and if you rip out the shrooms, the plants will die.:fid: Remember, the fruiting bodies are what you see above ground, most of the fungus is below ground, haha.:shocked:

leafminer said:
Try them out on the neighbour's cat. :
This

dry and weigh ~.3 grams for avg. size cat. Thats how we did when I was younger. That cat is awesome:hubba:

toss em out and let the soil dry completely in between watering..they like moist places to grow.

IMO....mix it in soil...just meens ya have some good organic soil:aok: no worries...oh...I wouldnt eat it

take care and be safe

Eating random mushrooms is like eating fugu--eventually you're gonna get that bad nibble and there goes the liver.

what kind of mixture should i use and after mixing do i adjust the ph level?

I am not sure. Im a hydro grower. My buddy deals in mycology. ;)

He uses peroxide and ISO to kill unwanted molds. hmmmmm.....

og would it be possible for you to get some more info from him.they say there not bad .i just dont want them. there also starting to plug my drain holes.

I would like to see a pic of this plugging drain holes...sounds like ya may have got some heavy mushroom compost in the soil mix...IMO..added goodies...But if ya wanna kill off natural organics...maybe ya need to look into..OGkushman..Hydro systems...Just my thaughts:48:

ill get some pictures when the lights come on tonight.my drain holes are small but there are quite a few of them.im thinking that i might open up the bucket with a few more holes.i started my grow when i was broke as h e double hockey sticks.so i am using home (smoke de-pot) 5 gallon buckets and the holes are pretty small.

Sounds like you're holding too much moisture in your soil, especially with such small drain holes, if the soil is resting right on the drain holes.

You could unpot the plant, wrap the soil/roots in newspaper for an hour to absorb excess water, widen up the drain holes, fill the bottom of the bucket with large gravel or broken terra cotta pottery, then replant and stir up the top inch or two of soil. You can also put a small fan aimed at the top of the soil and a fluoro or incandescent light close to soil top to dry it out faster.

I only had 'shrooms once, on one plant, and I found the drain holes clogged and that I was holding water, too. That's what I did, and it worked fine.
Now I'm feeling guilty for wasting those shrooms. I don't know why I didn't think to chop 'em up and let 'em just compost there in the soil.

mm if you had done that your soil would be full of mushroom spores and they would grow like crazy...u did the right thing GF

oh my bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i drilled out the drain wholes on my container to one inch .after that my whole house ended up stinking really bad.i dont think those mushrooms are good at all.

Probably they got the soil from the graveyard. Do you have a wooden spike and a mallet? You might need them.

:rofl: ^ your a very funny man leaf miner. gonna ressurect some skeletons, eh?:D ...

got some pics dude?...

I had those yellow mushrooms growing in the coco whereever there was light (on top and out the drainage holes at the bottom), as 2dog said most likely from to much moisture.

Mushrooms = anaerobic growth = bad, because anaerobic = lack of oxygen, and that kills roots. Overwatering the usual problem. Of course in coco we water all the time anyway. . .

Latest posts

Back