Yellow spots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi again folks! How's everybody doin'?? I am getting a few small yellow spots on some of my leaves. Normal or am I doing something I shouldn't be doing?? Like too much water, or nutes, or not enough?? Anybody have a clue for me please??:cool:

tanks!!

Where are they showing up at? Are you in veg or flower? I know there's more info we need, but that should get us started. Pics would also be cool.

TheKlonedRanger said:
Where are they showing up at? Are you in veg or flower? I know there's more info we need, but that should get us started. Pics would also be cool.

I started them in flowering on Feb 16th. They are in full flower and look really healthy. The yellow spots are on my tallest plant right at the top. Too close to the light maybe? If I hold my hand over the plants it isn't hot. I would love to share some pics but I haven't mastered how to upload yet. All my photos have that yellow glow from the lights so there isn't much detail. I am working on that. I downloaded a program called Picasa that another member recommended, but when I try to upload to this site, it looks like it's taking ALL the pictures from my computer and I don't want that. You all would get bored with my vac. pics!! LOL!! I will try and figure it out and get some pics up, cause I'm real proud of my girls!!

A pic would help us help you better. Take a look at the leaf deficiency chart in my sig it may help you

without a picture..Im a say...MITES:hitchair:

4u2sm0ke said:
without a picture..Im a say...MITES:hitchair:

In my experience mites tend to start lower on the plant and work their way up. I would say heat burn. If you are only seeing damage near the top of the plant that is the most likely cause. Mites, nute burn and nute deficiencies tend to show lower on the plant first.

-SSF-

LOL. Depends on where you took your vacation!

It could be too close to the light, or it could be normal fading during flower. If the leaves are crispy, you're too close to the light. What size light? And ventilation? ( Air cooled hood, or cool tube?)

craterlake said:
I started them in flowering on Feb 16th. They are in full flower and look really healthy. The yellow spots are on my tallest plant right at the top. Too close to the light maybe? If I hold my hand over the plants it isn't hot. I would love to share some pics but I haven't mastered how to upload yet. All my photos have that yellow glow from the lights so there isn't much detail. I am working on that. I downloaded a program called Picasa that another member recommended, but when I try to upload to this site, it looks like it's taking ALL the pictures from my computer and I don't want that. You all would get bored with my vac. pics!! LOL!! I will try and figure it out and get some pics up, cause I'm real proud of my girls!!

It does take all the pics, but you only work with the ones you want....

SensiStarFan said:
In my experience mites tend to start lower on the plant and work their way up. I would say heat burn. If you are only seeing damage near the top of the plant that is the most likely cause. Mites, nute burn and nute deficiencies tend to show lower on the plant first.

-SSF-

It is only on three leaves, but it is closest to the light and only on that one plant. It is so tall that to put the light high enough for it, it then is too high for the others. I put this tall plant on the outer edge of the light so it's not right under it but off to the side a little so I can have the lights closer to the shorter plants. This one is about six inches or so taller than all the others. I do not see any mites and I looked real close. I know they are small but they leave residue and I don't see any.

thanks for the feedback!

TheKlonedRanger said:
LOL. Depends on where you took your vacation!

It could be too close to the light, or it could be normal fading during flower. If the leaves are crispy, you're too close to the light. What size light? And ventilation? ( Air cooled hood, or cool tube?)

Two 400 HPS's. No crispy leaves, they are all nice and green and healthy. Ventilation is good, although I am getting a lot more odor all of a sudden in the house! :eek: I guess that means my girls are growing up!!

SensiStarFan said:

-SSF-

:rofl: then you havent Batttled the Borg....

craterlake said:
It is only on three leaves, but it is closest to the light and only on that one plant. It is so tall that to put the light high enough for it, it then is too high for the others. I put this tall plant on the outer edge of the light so it's not right under it but off to the side a little so I can have the lights closer to the shorter plants. This one is about six inches or so taller than all the others. I do not see any mites and I looked real close. I know they are small but they leave residue and I don't see any.

thanks for the feedback!

Mites do not leave residue. You pretty much need a good magnifying glass or a microscope to see them.

You should be raising your pots with boxes, milk crates, buckets, etc, etc so that you have an even canopy.

4u2sm0ke said:
:postpicsworthless:

I know!!!! I can't seem to be able to figure it out!! When I click on "manage attachments" and click on browse, it brings up my Picasa stuff, but no matter which of the Picasa links I use, it says "upload failed". Sooooo.......I have my new camera and I have taken some pretty decent pics, but....I am apparently not computer savvy enough. I have downsized the pics as instructed, but am having upload issues! What's a girl to do (sigh)? I do have an individual who could probably help, but then they'd see the pics and my secret would be out, which is not an option!! I will keep working on it and will eventually succeed :D!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Mites do not leave residue. You pretty much need a good magnifying glass or a microscope to see them.

You should be raising your pots with boxes, milk crates, buckets, etc, etc so that you have an even canopy.

Excellent idea, I didn't even think of that! DUH!! I have an assortment of magnifiers on their way! I am getting a set of three jewlers loupes, 10x, 20x, and 30x. Then I have a couple of mini microscopes with 45x and 60x on the way. Should be here any day now. I will even up my canopy! Thanks HG!:)

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: try this....I think you need to resize befor uploading

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/how_to_upload_pictures.html

I have read this a thousand times and have done everthing it says, but I still can't upload. Once you download Picasa, what exactly do you click on when you hit browse? There are several things there, some are exe. and I don't think I'm supposed to use them. Maybe Picasa didn't load right.

I use Paint (which every PC has) for all my resizing/uploading needs. Are you resizing your pictures?

craterlake said:
I have read this a thousand times and have done everthing it says, but I still can't upload. Once you download Picasa, what exactly do you click on when you hit browse? There are several things there, some are exe. and I don't think I'm supposed to use them. Maybe Picasa didn't load right.

okay here hold this:bong1: while I explain what I do..

after ya click..'Manage attachments"..click pictures...then click piccassa...then click picassa exports..(these are the pics ya resized)...then click on the flolder ya want..and then the pic....it should then take ya back to the attachments..and add upto 12 in a post..try this see if it helps..now give me my :bong1: back:p

Paint is much easier to use if you have it. You can also try lowering the picture size on your camera. 1MP should be within the limits.

Latest posts

Back