yellow whithered leaves on baby plants - hope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash

Reaction score
2 of my 4 plants, all about 4 weeks old, have their bottom rounded pedal looking leaves withered away with a yellow color and practically fallen off. one which is in miracl grow moisture control soil with perlite and the other with natural brown soil from my outdoor garden(mixture of some perlite cow maneur and others i do not know of). i water them every other day, or when dry to the touch, with mild temp tap water. they are placed 24inches from my 400watt 53k lumen hps light. i have a fan constantly breezing over the light and plants. (in closet) for ventilation i leave the door opened all day and have a window fan in the bedroom blowing in air from outside. the temp is constantly 75-80F. is this a big problem? will my plants still continue to grow. the regular leaves are healthy looking.

stash said:
2 of my 4 plants, all about 4 weeks old, have their bottom rounded pedal looking leaves withered away with a yellow color and practically fallen off. one which is in miracl grow moisture control soil with perlite and the other with natural brown soil from my outdoor garden(mixture of some perlite cow maneur and others i do not know of). i water them every other day, or when dry to the touch, with mild temp tap water. they are placed 24inches from my 400watt 53k lumen hps light. i have a fan constantly breezing over the light and plants. (in closet) for ventilation i leave the door opened all day and have a window fan in the bedroom blowing in air from outside. the temp is constantly 75-80F. is this a big problem? will my plants still continue to grow. the regular leaves are healthy looking.
Whats up stash. IMO nothing to worry about. Your bottom leaves do fall off when the time comes. As long as you are not seeing this move throughout the plant i think your ok.

oh good. thanks for the quick feedback - i always thought those two little rounded leaves would eventually grow pistils on them where you would determine sex, i had no idea

stash said:
oh good. thanks for the quick feedback - i always thought those two little rounded leaves would eventually grow pistils on them where you would determine sex, i had no idea
Nope you will see that at about the fourth set of nodes or branches.

The first, round set are the cotyldons. They feed the plant. When they start to yellow, it's a sign the plant has stopped feeding itself (tapped out) and could use some nutes. Completely normal. If it continues up, it will need a little more nitrogen.

alright...thanks . one more question off topic
im going to be out of town for 4 days beginning tomorrow. for my 4 plants: can they die if unwatered for 4 days? (still young plants). what can i do, or should i just water before i leave and not worry about it.

stash said:
alright...thanks . one more question off topic
im going to be out of town for 4 days beginning tomorrow. for my 4 plants: can they die if unwatered for 4 days? (still young plants). what can i do, or should i just water before i leave and not worry about it.
They should be fine as long as you water them before you leave. How often do you usually water?

usually water em every other day unless the soil is still damp

thats what i was thinking red and white maybe lack of nitrogen and probably watering too much also.

I have a similar problem with my 1st 4 plants, I will try and get some pics...2 out of the 4 are doing perfect at about 1 week old. However the other 2 sprouted with half yellow finger leaves or cotyldons. On 1 the new leaves are fine but seem slow and on the other one the new leaves are green at first and then start to develop yellowish brown patches...The plants are still small and each has 4 leaves not including the cotyldons...Should I assume I need to give them nutes now or is it possibly from overwatering??? They are all in 4 inch peat cups that seem to dry quickly, I water them about every 12 hours... I have a 400 watt MH about 24 inches above the babies and keep the temp around 80-85 degrees farhenheit with a humidity of about 30%. Ventilation is good and I used premium potting soil with perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, etc. and water with room temp distilled water. I dont have a PH meter yet so that may need to be done...Plus they were started using bagseed....Any help?? Thanks

Latest posts

Back