yellowing and folding leaves on part or top of plant, any theories?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnzz

Reaction score
Hi, we have an issue with yellowing and folding leaves on the top of the plant or part of the plant.

These are Gorilla Glue clones planted on the first of June in soil that was heavily watered at three day intervals.

One thing of note is that the plants were not fed beneficial micro organisms / compost tea when fertilized.

One theory is that the curling etc. on the top of the plant indicates possible fungal infection in the roots, possibly resulting from overly watered soil column, the thought being that the soil was watered in such a way as to overly retain the water, thus leading to the development of fungus. And the lack of "compost tea" or other beneficial micro organisms has prevented the plants from having natural defenses against fungal infection.

This condition is definitely more present in soil that was tilled fertilized and planted for the first time this year.

I can also note that the plants were netted a little late, then subjected to high winds, which has resulted in a lot of stress on the plants structure, cracked branches, etc. Since Gorilla Glue tends to branch laterally at great length, it isn't atypical to see its branches crack and break.

This has in turn led to the development of grey fuzzy mold, aka "stem rot", seen more on the plants this year than last. We've had to "retire" at least four (out of 300) Gorilla Glues for this issue.

Any advice, observations, theories appreciated, thanks!!

22.JPG
11.JPG

Is it very Hot there ?
I have seen high heat stress do this.

4 out of 300 ain’t bad at all Amigo , congratulations on tending such a huge crop

i have one plant that has similar symptoms but continues to mature with no other issues...

im just writing it off to a finicky plant and see it through to harvest..

09100FF1-50F0-468B-9928-9B79B689CB48.jpeg

D672D294-A83A-47E5-A757-49AA7BCB8599.jpeg

a few of the others

10829C3C-A21C-4327-9A86-99E0E4BC6C39.jpeg

277C440A-BC7F-446C-B991-D6FE4D3EBE41.jpeg

80AC7B12-0C1B-4E17-8F1A-6FBC502B1514.jpeg

Is it very Hot there ?
I have seen high heat stress do this.
Not terribly. In the 80s at the hottest. It isn't heat stress.
4 out of 300 ain’t bad at all Amigo , congratulations on tending such a huge crop

i have one plant that has similar symptoms but continues to mature with no other issues...

im just writing it off to a finicky plant and see it through to harvest..

View attachment 276964
View attachment 276965

a few of the others

View attachment 276966

View attachment 276967

View attachment 276968
why didn't you top your plants?

Latest posts

Back