Yellowing leaves...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlo said:
However, 2 days later her 2 bottom main leaves are turning yellow.

This is the reason I suspect xplant shock or PH. They will turn leaves quicker then medium depletion of food. This happens slower. There would be "N" available in the new medium that would slow the yellowing from manifesting. Otherwise I would normally agree with the need for food. This shows the characteristics of shock and/or lockout IME. both show fast. starvation by means of medium nutrient depletion manifests slower (even slower that it was transplanted into new soil). Except in Hydro everything happens fast LOL.

As you all know, i don't know much growing, but I'm also suspecting possible transplant shock. If i'm not mistaken, it was transplanted when dry and roots were already coming out of the bottom of his cup/pot. Maybe he hurt a few of the roots when pulling the plant out.

Also, new soil was used and it should have enough ingredients to feed the plant for the 1st few days.

However, the plant was growing at an excessive rate, maybe it simply was hungry due to fast growth.

Anyhow, my brother decided to feed it FF grow. He did only use 1/2 of the recommended dosage, which I though was smart to do.

I'll let you guys know later how the plant looks. Hopefully its growing healthy again...I really would like to taste some orange bud!

I am surprised as to how much focus, time, energy is spent on these plants. Almost like a new child was added to the family...lol.

In this case, my plants grow elsewhere other than I live, so I guess that's how a parent who is separated from his child feels...always worrying about their health...who knew? lol...

On a side note, should plants be grown in 5-gallon or 3-gallon pots? The 5-gallon pot the plant is in looks huge for the plant.

Once again, any insight would be appreciated.

Size of pot is a choice, I use 10gal pots myself. Some say this is overkill, you can grow big plants in even a 1gal pot...cool! I like the way this works for me, the plants seem to appreciate it as well....I plant in smaller pots for veg, then transplant into big pot before budding. IMHO, this gives the plant fresh soil meaning more of the goodness the babe likes and cuts back on nute issues, it also gives the roots room to spread out more which IMHO lets the plant grow out bigger.

Carlo said:
On a side note, should plants be grown in 5-gallon or 3-gallon pots? The 5-gallon pot the plant is in looks huge for the plant.

The container size depends on your method of growing. If you're using hydroponics, then the pot size can be much smaller than with conventional soil growing. If you're growing in soil, but using additional nutrients and amendments, then again, your container size can be reduced.

If growing in just soil, then the standard that is accepted among many growers is one gallon of pot size for every foot in height of the plant within it.

The plant's environmental conditions are also a consideration in pot size. In areas with strong winds or fans, course, heavy media is sometimes used to provide additional support for the roots to attach to and weight to stabilize the container.

These larger pieces aren't providing any nutrient value, so additional volume of the container would be used in proportion to the volume of heavy media used, so as to provide equal soil for the plant as compared to a container without the heavy media.

Carlo what ever you do don't waste your money buying a ph meter at homecheapo or lowes...they are usless and won't give you the accuracy you need to check your ph.

I've had plenty of problems with my ph and the best investment I have made is a digital ph meter that I bought on ebay for around $20 like OG said before. My Milwaukee 600 has done me well so far...i would just recommend buying an extra packet of ph buffer solution to calibrate your meter later on if needed.

guerillaweedfare said:
Carlo what ever you do don't waste your money buying a ph meter at homecheapo or lowes...they are usless and won't give you the accuracy you need to check your ph.

I've had plenty of problems with my ph and the best investment I have made is a digital ph meter that I bought on ebay for around $20 like OG said before. My Milwaukee 600 has done me well so far...i would just recommend buying an extra packet of ph buffer solution to calibrate your meter later on if needed.

I own the Milwaukee 600 also. I cal it every use. It's always right on. I had to adjust it a couple times right after I bought it, but not in the last year or so. I'm very happy with it.

Latest posts

Back