Yellowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voxito

you packed it too tight
Reaction score
its long but i asked it how it was suggested in the stickys

How long has this problem been going on?
little over 2 weeks
What STRAIN are you growing?
bagseed
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
seed
What is the age of your plants?
10 weeks yesterday
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
10 weeks yesterday
How Tall are the plants?
16-30"
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
vegging
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
some are topped, some arent
What Nutrient's are you using?
green light root hormone or whatever its called and
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
2/3 tablespoon of each-green light root stimulator, 5-15-5
green light super bloom, 12-55-6. I think this is the main cause of the problem, giving them a combined 1.5 tablespoon of nutes 2-3 times a week. Question is what to do?
How often are you feeding?
sometimes 3 times a week, others twice, and i think this is my problem and now I admit i'm dumb and need help
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
never did a run-off test, i got a ph meter that has probes
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
probe
How often are you watering?
3-4 times a week and about 2 gallons each time distributed among the 8 plants
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
8 days ago, usually every 4 days
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
not sure but pretty freakin high
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
70-75 at night, 95-100 during the day for the last 2 weeks, since problems arose
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
no idea, my faucets have no build up if that helps
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
tap that i let sit for a day or two, ph is dead on 7
Are you using water from a water softener?
no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
some have, some havent, i'm doing an experiment. Problems arent contained to ones i've topped though
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
ortho home defense, but not within 2 feet of the plants and non has washed on them. I've used it 3 times in their life and last use about 2 weeks ago
Are plant's infected with pest's?
not anymore

these pics are of the worst off plants, i'm sure the rest will be like these if not fixed soon. Thanks for the help

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

sick2.JPG

You need to switch to a higher first number (nitrogen) for as long as you are in vedge stage. Leave off the bloom nutes till they start to bloom, first week in August about. I would imagine that your girl is starving for nitrogen. Just my opinon.

:yeahthat: Bloom is for the fall of the year when you are in full budding You need a veg nute high in nitrogen

thanks you two

so even the 2/3 combined 17 (5+12)= 6.3 N coefficient is not enough twice a week? This deficiency would cause the the brown tips too?

Brown tips could be nute burn (if it was a house plant, brown tip can indicate to much water. But I said House plant, like a spider plant). You need a fertilizer that reads Highest number First. even 6.1.1. would be fine. You need Nitrogen. Keeps the plant green and gives it what it needs for quick growth during vedge. I personally give my girls a good feed once a week, the most that is recomended for the "heavy feed".

Very good format on your question, Very good.

but like I said I am giving them 6.3 N twice a week. Are you saying it matters if the other numbers are higher? I thought as long as the elements are there its all good. Do I need to use different fertilizers even if the ones I'm using are 5 and 12 on the N coefficient?

The brown tips are most likely nute burn. Most ppl only give nutes every 10 days + twice a week for nutes in these levels 12-55-6 will burn most plants, IMO you have to start with lower doses 1/2 strength or less and build up til the plants show slight burn and stay at this strength til you switch to your bloom nutes. when you switch do the same thing 1/2 strength and build up.

You need the p coefficient lower at this time it is mostlikely what is burning your plants

Thanks. Any particular brand of ferts you recommend that you think would help my plants?

I knew about the 10 day average for feeding, but I over did the frequency. I built them up starting at a teaspoon per gallon of water once they were 6 weeks old. Now we're looking at 4 teaspoons, 2 teaspoons of each fed about twice a week. I thought if I wasn't giving them the full dosage I could feed more frequently, but I guess combining the 2 ferts I am burning them.

Is stopping nutes and giving them straight water going to fix em or should other measures be taken if there are any possible? I watched the weather and it looks like we might finally get some rain so I'm sure that will help, first shower in 5 weeks for the plants.

Should I give them more nitrogen or stop ferts altogether until they look better?

Also, I've been reading and magnesium deficiency also fits the description. Could this be possible?

I myself would go to straight water for a week or 2 I like compost tea the best and soil admenments (compost, worm casting, sand perlite) IMO the better the soil the less worries you have in growing.

good point but its a little late to be changing the soil. And I dont think I have enough time to start a compost heap in time for these plants.

Thanks for the tips and I will for sure put them to use next spring.

Try Alaska fish fert, can be found at wally world for 6 bucks a quart 5-1-1 with just water for about a week or so. I had a simular prob. It helped out but I am also DWC using boost and Bloom 3-0-2 and 1-4-7

Latest posts

Back