Yet another stupid paranoid parent question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yumyumbubblegum

The Beez Kneez
Reaction score
So, I am curious about one thing. I notice that my leaves are a little droopy and was wondering if there is a reason for that :confused: shouldn't they be reaching for the light? I have not started feeding yet and I let my soil get pretty dry before I water, am I doing something wrong ? The recent pictures are in my journal (signature)- I have been paying attention to this 4 a while now & they don't seem to be getting any better...

Any advice from the pros? :hubba: :D

I will post a couple more pics I just took, there are more in my journal...

Just another note - they are 2 weeks old (cept for the little girl she sprouted late, and is a week behind and you can see she is perky)

MJ 001.JPG

MJ 002.JPG

MJ 003.JPG

let it dry totaly out before watering again.. they look over watered to me. if you think it might be over watering let them dry out till they start to droop a little bit, don't kill'em but let them tell you they need water.. see if they perk up after that.. jmo

slowmo77 said:
let it dry totaly out before watering again.. they look over watered to me. if you think it might be over watering let them dry out till they start to droop a little bit, don't kill'em but let them tell you they need water.. see if they perk up after that.. jmo

I just watered right before I took the picture. It had been 4 days and the soil was pretty dry even 1/2 in down... and even when I did water I did it slowly only enough 4 water to start draining a little...

I just remember my last grow my plants looked happier..

Thanks guys pass it on :48:

its real easy to over water young plants, they don't need that much. if you haven't fed them, your temps seem to be fine as does your ph. they look pretty tight so im guessin you have decent light on them. so theres not alot it could be. do you have good air flow around the plants? im stayin with over watering.. again jmo

the best way to know if your plants need water is to weigh them. Get a feel for how much the pot weighs wet verus dry. Then you'll have a better idea if they need water. Its a feel thing, and this where experience and many grows help in understanding your plant's needs.

umbra said:
the best way to know if your plants need water is to weigh them. Get a feel for how much the pot weighs wet verus dry. Then you'll have a better idea if they need water. Its a feel thing, and this where experience and many grows help in understanding your plant's needs.

Yes, I have been getting myself used to this technique, I personally do not think it is overwatering, the plants where pretty dry before I watered - they may have been underwatered, I just went and checked on them and they look happier :hubba:

Thanx everyone!

CowboyBudsky said:
Could they be getting root bound, maybe need a bigger pot?

Maybe? if I look at the bottoms of the containers they are in I see alot of roots (through the drainage holes), I don't know how to tell if they a root bound, is there any other signs? I was wondering if I should transplant myself :confused: I was just thinking it was to early...

yumyumbubblegum said:
Maybe? if I look at the bottoms of the containers they are in I see alot of roots (through the drainage holes), I don't know how to tell if they a root bound, is there any other signs? I was wondering if I should transplant myself :confused: I was just thinking it was to early...

I would put them in bigger containers, but thats just me.

umbra said:

just wondering, as the plant gets bigger doesn't it weigh more? as the plant grows it will weigh more so as time goes by how can you tell whats water weight and whats plant growth weight?

oh an your plants are fine. just ready for a replant in to bigger pots. its better to do it young as to let them roots grow grow grow, so the plant won't stunt an take up more time makeing roots rather than growing.

They look fine to me... doesn't the weight of the leaves kinda drops them down???

Latest posts

Back