Yield per Watt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GH is good with soil, you just have to use all 3 parts. Many many people here use the General Hydroponics 3 part Flora series with soil and have great harvests.

GHE and GH Flora are the same line of nutrients.

But that's impossible.

I dried some buds to the maximum. They were totally dry.

I put them in a mason jar and two days later.. they felt moist.

My theory is that they soaked in the moisture in the air.

What else could it be?

It can take 2weeks or more sometimes to fully dry. Many times you think its dry but like mentioned b4 the moisture in the center redistrubes evenly when in a sealed container.make sure thick stems fully snap b4 jarring

But that's impossible.

I dried some buds to the maximum. They were totally dry.

I put them in a mason jar and two days later.. they felt moist.

My theory is that they soaked in the moisture in the air.

What else could it be?

they were NOT totally dry when you jarred them---don't believe it---get a super inexpensive strip to measure the moisture in the jar---it will tell u the same thing

AM is 100% correct---ur herb did not gain weight when you jarred it---moisture in the flowers was only redistributed evenly thru the bud---what u were calling dry was just the outside of the flowers and moved to the outside from the center while in the jar---this is the primary reason you need to BURP your jars during the cure

Many many people here use the General Hydroponics 3 part Flora series with soil and have great harvests.

So, you're saying it's possible to use GHE Flora on soil and get good results? How?

I used it and my yield went from ~105g per plant to ~75g per plant.

Should I just use more of it?

they were NOT totally dry when you jarred them---don't believe it---get a super inexpensive strip to measure the moisture in the jar---it will tell u the same thing

Mhm.

Well, I suppose it is possible. I dried them under a fan for 4 days, which is twice as long as it takes for them to FEEL bone dry.

I guess I can try drying them for a week next time and redo my tests. I'll post results here.

Hi Landing,
I have learned from myself being a new grower that you can't always rush cannabis especially when drying you may think it is dry but it is not a extra few days or weeks plus burping your jars well they cure helps a lot. As for the GHE Flora hemp goddess knows what shes talking about as well as Hammy they have a lot of good knowledge. I myself will be using GHE Flora on a soil/soilless soil. I say soil/soilless because I am going to be using Pro mix with worm castings and kelp and other organic nutes but most organic grows say it is not organic because it is not soil but that there own opinion. And as for a big yield it is trial and error most on here got quite a few grows under there belt as well as have grown the same strain so many times that they can make there plants yield to its full potential. I just hope that one day I can do the same once I get past the trial and error process and find a strain that I can nurture and learn to make it yield to it's full potential like these other pot genies. lol

So, you're saying it's possible to use GHE Flora on soil and get good results? How?

I used it and my yield went from ~105g per plant to ~75g per plant.

Should I just use more of it?

Mhm.

Well, I suppose it is possible. I dried them under a fan for 4 days, which is twice as long as it takes for them to FEEL bone dry.

I guess I can try drying them for a week next time and redo my tests. I'll post results here.

Yes, that is what I am saying. Hammy doesn't run hydro and he does great with the GH products. You need all 3 parts and you have to mix it in the proportions given on the bottle. The proportions are different for differing growing phases. If you did not use all 3 parts in the correct proportions, that is a reason for decreased yield. As to whether to use more....how much of each did you use during veg and flowering?

There can be so much variance in different plants that trying to gauge yield by comparing different plants is a useless endeavor. Even plants from the same mother can and do produce differently. No matter how much you may believe that you treat your plants equally, there is always some variation in how they grow.

I live in an very very arid place--I'm talking about humidity so low that it rivals the Sahara Desert. I hang mine for at least 4 days and then still have to burp the jars. No matter what it may seem like, there is still a lot of residual moisture left in bud that has only hung for several days.

Come on, boys and girls, it's fact that you won't get more than 1/3 dry weight compared to wet, green stuff.

And one thing I do miss not hanging around here much anymore are these grams per watt claims. HeeHeeHee.

I do not for the life of me understand why yield is the most important thing to new growers, learn how to grow dank first. Yield will come as you fine tune your skills and appreciate good genetics. Why is lots of swag so important?

I do not for the life of me understand why yield is the most important thing to new growers, learn how to grow dank first. Yield will come as you fine tune your skills and appreciate good genetics. Why is lots of swag so important?

Umbra knows...learn to grow first, the weight will come later.

I honestly have never really cared about heavy yielders. I will always choose quality over quantity. Then again I only grow for the wife and myself, so I can afford to think that way.
There will always be room in my tents for Low to Medium yielding Straight Fire.

I never worry about yield as I grow/breed for myself but when I wrote my first book I made a claim in the grow part that I was gonna show patients how to get a pound from two plants, this due to the medical plant count restrictions here in Colorado. I missed it by 7 grams LOL but they got the idea, I think

View attachment happy.jpg

My first grow, when I didn`t know squat, and used bag seed, was my highest yielders. Two plants, 5 oz off of one and 6 oz from the other one. Grow for wife and myself. Much more concerned with quality verses quantity. Must be doing something right as the only oz`s I sold was to a dispensary I bought the seeds from. Peace and great growin`.

PS,
I also use Boveda humidity packs in my jars of stored weed. IMO, really helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back