yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsmoke

class of 78"
Reaction score
When looking to buy seeds it is hard to.compare between different breeders because they each use different terms.
Like Sensi Jack Herer says up to 125 gr. I assume that's per plant.
Then Cali Connection Purple Crack says 500 gr. M2 . Is that for reg. Plants? SOG? It doesn't say. 1 big plant 1 meter square?
Can anyone explain this? Thanks!

i don't have the experience of a lot of strains as many here do so they will probably chime in with what they have found to be big yielders but my experience has been that what the big breeders claim is not anywhere like what you will get if you are inexperienced and just starting out. my first grow i got about 4 ounces from a 4x4x2 tent. the next one i got around 6 ounces. the most recent harvest i had i got nearly 10 ounces(about 280 grams a square meter). yield will depend more on your setup than the seeds you chose. i'd recommend looking more at what kind of smoke you are looking for and taking it from there. that is just my opinion...

I do not pay much, if any attention to what breeders say about yield, as there are too many variables and no standards to go by. Breeder #1 grows his plant 2 feet tall and breeder #2 grows the same plant 3 feet tall, #2 will yield more. Pretty simple to make the figures say what you want. IMHO anyway.

I pretty much agree with Yooper. I will look at yield to get an idea of whether it is a lighter or heavier yielder, but that is it. I would never pick a strain based solely on how much the breeder says is possible. And sometimes, I have gotten quite differing yields from the same seeds grown under the same conditions. These are rough guidelines at best and under ideal conditions.

However, when they are talking about yield from a square meter, they are not necessarily talking about just a single plant, but just how much (they feel) it is capable of producing in a given area. Since plants can and do grow to very different sizes, I do not know quite how they determine yield per plant (unless they are talking outdoors) and wouldn't pay much attention to those numbers. Without some other reference, they are kind useless.

To me the most important is the Smoke itself. If I likey,,thats all that counts. LOL
The grower has most the control of how it produces.

Latest posts

Back