Yipee its summer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Newbud

Nice one, bit of sun, lazy days, nature seemingly springing into life,,, Oh yeah and bloody flies laying there damn eggs on my babies :rant: :cry:
Worst of it is the timing couldn't be any worse.

My mother plant has just had another major trim job and due to me being a plonker and forgetting to ph her feed she wasn't exactly happy with me as it was, now she not looking good at all :eek: she'll survive but i think she be a while recovering :doh:

On top of that i got some single cola girls that are getting to end of flower and they was just starting to throw some weight on, now they look deficient :cry: and my main crop girls are in the middle of there first few flowering weeks growth spurt so this will no doubt knock em back a bit :(

Been and got some Hydrogarden Gnat off and given them all a damn good watering, you could see loads of the little bleeps in the run off.

Anyone got any tips for flys etc in the room? should i just put up sticky strips or is there something better or more permanent that folks use?

Good luck to you all i reckon we all gona be needing some for a while lol :cool:

Newbud said:
Good luck to you all i reckon we all gona be needing some for a while lol :cool:

I understand what your saying, my greenhouse has Aphids in already, I never usually get them till mid July.

Could be a year of insect battles :eek:

:peace:

The Insect Wars are on this year I believe. so man your weapons.

Have you guys got any tips for the flies?

Seems to be black fly that i will have issues with so any tips for weapons?

Fly strips and electric pest repeler and the old bug zapper
A cup 1/4 full or less with coffee will draw fly and drown them, just change the coffee every morn. Koolaid does the same thing as coffee. I have not compared the 2, but think i will compare the 2 will fill y'll in later.

Cheers mate :)
We dont drink coffee though but i get the principle.
I'll try like a cup of cola or something, maybe they be drawn to the suger like wasps?

O yeah quick question,,,

Will the stuff i feeding to kill the gnats put flies off laying anymore eggs for a while?
I'm thinking yes but thought i'd ask :)

Does anyone got a preferred product that they use to kill off fly larvae?

The gnat off stuff said it should start killing em within 24hrs but moma still got loads of the wriggly little blighters.

Newbud I read somewhere(too many threads to remember right now. That you could spray with ICE COLD water to drive away just about all bug I am gonna try it on a plant that I have seen a coulpe gnats on. This is the first time I have seen the gnats inside.

This whole thing has shown me the need to have a completely enclosed grow.
I figure the next area i build will be sealed and the air entering filtered, that should sort it.
As a partial positive most my girls dont look bothered so i must have caught em early, moma still not happy but there was LOADS of em in moma roots.
I didn't notice em until a few days after she started looking bad cos i'd just done major surgery on her so i thought she was just sulking :(
They must of had a damn good chew on her roots cos every leaf looks effected, she not a happy girl at all.
She's a strong plant though so i'm sure she'll be fine, eventually lol.

Newbud, i hate to hear you are battling bugs. if you spray with cold H2O then also add an Asprin to help out your girls. since you are budding then i would stay away from the 50/50 Iso/H2O spray b/c the alcohol will dissolve the THC:eek:

Cheers for the concern fella but its just black fly larvea, to my knowledge ( very limited lol ) they feed on the roots so the stuff i putting in the feed should be sorting em out, little bugers lol.
Cheers for the tips though, i just saved it in my private works ;)

Latest posts

Back