You haven't seen noob yet...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biff LaRue

Reaction score
Back when I was in high school (1969) I smoked a lot of weed with stems that ripped paper and seeds that exploded. As far as I knew, this was just the way it was. Until a couple of weeks ago I didn't know that 'it's the buds, stupid' and not the leaves that are the parts to be smoked.

Fast forward 50 years and I'm now retired with time on my hands and I have decided to grow. I'm just beginning the flowering stage with a few White Widows and learning a LOT. I'm just hanging out here learning from all of you, so thanks.

Lol. Welcome. We are all life long learners

Hey Biff, sounds pretty much like my story including the vintage...graduated HS in 1969 maybe a year or so before that was when I enjoyed my first doobie...It was at a Jimi Hendrix concert...we got there late and my friend who had gotten the tickets for us got tired of waiting and sold our tickets...we pooled our ticket money and bought weed, then found our way to the stage loading big roll up door and hung out smoking weed with some of his road crew...couldn’t see the band but sure could hear them...I played guitar in a band back then and did our fair share of weed...then you get down to life so 40 years later retirement happens at exactly the same time weed becomes legal in Cali, so what the heck...I’m growin and this place helped immensely...wish you all the green mojo you need...

Hi welcome to MP. You were smoking longer than a decade before i ever was, I can only hope to make it as far in life so i would not call you "noob" :) good luck with your flowers

Hello Biff welcome to MP.
Back in the day of $10 dollar lids we sure smoked a lot of stems and seeds.
I used to hate it while smoking a joint and a burning seed would explode and blow the cherry off of the joint.

Come join us on the OFC thread. :)

Hey Biff. I have the same beginnings and just found myself in a place where I can start up again, too. Welcome.

Biff in da house !- Welcome to MP !- 1st thing U know U be making your own hash and other extracts - Lot's of us old farts like our bud while the younger ones seems to perfer vape pens and extracts -- I love my bud but I also make my own medicine !--- I smoke weed for pleasure but I eat weed for medicine !-- We teach U What U need as U go !- White Widow ?- I once grew a Widow for 4 and a half years !- Cloning from clones and running it again and again !- It's good weed !

Biff in da house !- Welcome to MP !- 1st thing U know U be making your own hash and other extracts - Lot's of us old farts like our bud while the younger ones seems to perfer vape pens and extracts -- I love my bud but I also make my own medicine !--- I smoke weed for pleasure but I eat weed for medicine !-- We teach U What U need as U go !- White Widow ?- I once grew a Widow for 4 and a half years !- Cloning from clones and running it again and again !- It's good weed !
Keef can you send me a private message, I sent you one last night to ask you something about aeroponics

Thanks to all of you for your welcome, it feels like down home in the basement with black light posters and Frank Zappa! I am reading/learning as fast as I can and will become an active member of MP. Burnin1, I will certainly join in the fun with the OFC. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back