You know what i'd like to see?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allgrownup

I'd like to see a thread for carnivorous plants.

If we all have the time to grow why not incorporate one more plant?

sure, there's a new environment and set of rules to learn, but..........

could be a weird twist to a new hobby?

anyone tending to such plants???????

i have venus flytraps but they're hard to keep alive for a length of time, at least mine have been, there's a lot more species out there, who else has some?

*Bah, this is a bump from the dead.

I have a venus flytrap and a sundew.The venus isn't sensitive enough to catch the flying gnat things but the sundew is a killing machine. It's convenient that they do well in a grow environment.

I have a Venus Fly Trap, I have it growing in pure sorghum peat moss, surrounded by water. Trying to make it like the plants natural environment or what I comprehend it to be.

zipflip said:
i want one them sundews. they look neat as hek. do you just order the seeds for them or where can ya get these lil suckers?

I found mine at Loew's/Home Depot. They had sundews also

i just found them kits thingy's on ebay. is that bout liek wat you got ?

$4.25 at Loew's came in a clear plastic cube to keep the humidity up(they like high humidity)

100_1402.JPG

100_1403.JPG

100_1405.JPG

hows the thig suppose ta get down an carnivorous on any bugs if it under a dome all the time tho? lol

The directions say to remove the dome/lid when in full bright sun. But I caught a fly and just stuck it in there alive. The thing snapped shut faster than I could set it down and watch. But I did get to see the fly moving around inside the plant:laugh: it was cool:aok:

Like pcduck, I got mine at Lowes. I took the lid off and use it as the saucer. If you keep the saucer full of water they can stay out for 5 or 6 hours at a time. My humidity hovers in the high 60's/low 70's so your open air time may vary. Since the lid is now at the bottom I set the clear box over the top at an angle to the saucer so it's not fully closed and the bugs climb right in.

pcduck, have you had any luck with the venus catching things smaller than a housefly?

Gonna Eat That? said:
Like pcduck, I got mine at Lowes. I took the lid off and use it as the saucer. If you keep the saucer full of water they can stay out for 5 or 6 hours at a time. My humidity hovers in the high 60's/low 70's so your open air time may vary. Since the lid is now at the bottom I set the clear box over the top at an angle to the saucer so it's not fully closed and the bugs climb right in.

pcduck, have you had any luck with the venus catching things smaller than a housefly?

The newly formed traps(the real small ones) have caught those little flying bugs,that annoy ya but you can't catch them.

Hey Zip I just caught a housefly, stuck it in the freezer, then tore a wing off so it could not fly away. I tried hand feeding one of the bigger traps but no luck, stuck the dazed fly in a smaller trap and it closed right up. Right now the fly is buzzing inside the closed trap. :bolt::bong2:

I wish those things ate spider mites! I would have about ten in my closet.

Latest posts

Back