You vs. Pot Smoker Stereotypes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganj

Reaction score
What sets you apart from the stereotypes of stoners?

One of mine would be the fact that it's supposed to make you unproductive or whatever. This is wrong, because when I'm high I want to get rid of annoyances, so I'll throw things away, change the garbage bag, clean, anything like that.

Ganj- that is me as well. I will actually clean and organize. Something I normally HATE doing. :) I better get smokin. My house is a disaster!!!

Something else. I have kids. I feel when I am stoned that I can better relate to them on their level. I am better playing their imaginary games, etc. I know the 2 yr old thinks I am more fun when I've been smoking. My husband is very straight-laced and isn't real keen on my smoking. He has a prestigous volunteer position at the kids elementary school so my use is very hush hush. To everyone else, we just look like any ordinary family with small children. Quite the opposite of what I looked like in my teens and 20s, ;).

(And for the record, I never smoke in front of my kids. Always in the garage or out in the backyard where they cannot see me. :))

Great question!

I guess it's because no one suspects a guy like me smokes weed>a quiet university student.

You would never think I smoked or grew for that matter. I can't reveal much but will say, I'm the kind of person you'd least expect. I agree with the kid thing. I am much more patient and fun when high. At least my kids think so. lol

Humm... well as much as i would hate to say this, some of those so called "stereotypes" acctually kinda fit me, but thats just because of my personality type, and mental disorders. However as a stoner I do have bad memory problems, but see i'm not sure if it's the drugs or the fact i've been hit in the head over 100 times. But i tell you what ... Marijuana does great for ADD & MPS.

The one sterotype that doesn't fit me is that all stoners are lazy dirty hippies... That is not me. I am not lazy i work very hard... and dirty I am not, thats just gross... how ever hippy i may be, considering i'm a tree hugger...

I am with you all they way with that one pranic. Pot does help ADHD (attention defeciet hyper disorder) i was taking pills since I was like 6 and when i hit thirteen and lit up my first joint i was as calm as a hindu cow. I dont fall under many of the marijuana stereotypes either.

I am one of those who you can figure out that I smoke...ONLY if you smoke.
a non smoker would never see a sign of it. Alot of times people that know I get high dont even know that I am high at the time.. (unless I get into the chocolate!) LOL

I am a very high strung person..the herb calms me down and I operate more smoothly. I eat better...sleep better...feel better with my "medicine"

I think personaly that what makes a stoner a stoner sterotype plainly is a person who uses canabis and is not motivated to do anything. Ranging from simple tasks like cleaning or like life motivation to get a good job move forward ect. Thats why most people who use are younger are called stoners cause at that point they are still in school for at least a year or more in most cases.

But like The Guru I to clean my house ect when high it just feels like nothing and at the end you are happy cause you accomplished alot and can have another bowl or two:eek:

Haha I never really know if I look like someone who gets high, because I've had various encounters with people. Some who say "Oh yeah, I can tell you smoke pot" to others "I didn't know you smoked!". I've never dealt, though (gonna be a teacher, can't risk that shit), and I don't think it would work out anyway because I think I look like an undercover :p

SmokinMom said:
Something else. I have kids. I feel when I am stoned that I can better relate to them on their level. I am better playing their imaginary games, etc. I know the 2 yr old thinks I am more fun when I've been smoking.

Plus, little things they do that can normally be annoying become totally cute, hahah.

Ways I feed the stoner stereotype: *I'll eat anything within reach when I'm high *When I can get away with it (weekends) I'll sleep a good 12-14 hours after a night of smoking *I work a dead-end PT job as a pizza delivery guy. On one hand it's great pay for minimal work...and it's a great job while I'm in school. On the other hand, there is absolutely no chance of me moving up in the Pizza hut world. Ways I break the stereotype: *Smoking actually enhances my recollection of trivial details and facts (I get better at jeopardy, etc) *I don't at all shut down or become lazy...smoking usually makes me adventurous *I've never played with guns or ran over kids on bikes while high (you've seen the commercials)

Haha I feel ya..... in school I did BETTER while stoned (unless it was a class where I didn't even bother paying attention even if I was sober), and one of my good friends made High Honors after 4 years of smoking mass amounts of pot.

And yeah, I fit the stereotype, too, with the bad memory and the hunger.

I fit it with the zoning out, hard time remember what happened in the day, but thats all.

There is one way I don't fit the stereotype for the negative - While most people mellow out (and I usually do too) but every once in a while if someone makes me angry, I won't hold any punches (not physically), I can get absolutley pissed and yell at people sometimes.

simply put, i'm a college student with a GPA of 3.4. Most of my european history papers and english papers i wrote high; I got A's and B's on them. I chill out listen to music and have a good time with friends. i use weed to relax and reduce the stress of my everyday life. stereotypes that include me would have to be i get hungry, like most of us, so i snack down sick like.

on days where i have no responsibilities i chill in my room, light up a bowl (by myself if no one is around to chill with) and then i zone out and watch Samuria Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, or any anime in general. I play video games and totally immerse myself in them. they are so fun!

But half the time i'll go outside and go hiking and enjoy the scenery. i like to ride my bike when i'm high or go for a relaxed country drive. really mellows you out. or i like to hike to a point on a mountain and light up and watch the sunset. i like to draw and put my creativity down on paper especially when im stoned. its great.

getting high is all in the state of mind, if you want to just be a vegitable and zone out on the couch then you will, but if you take initiative and go out and hike, and be out doors then you will fufill a greater high through the activity. thats my philosophy, stay active and enjoy the outdoors. whats better than being high in nature?

i honestly i am my own person when im high i dont fit any stereotype at all. **** em all. propoganda generated garbage.

im just the avarge stoner :D i dont fall into any of those stereotypes shit i work my ass off from monday threw thursday and got 3 days off and my house is clean i member everythin execpt when im like extreamly high out of my mind lol :D dam ihavnt been here in a long time i miss MP

Latest posts

Back