youngbud's first grow!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngbud

Reaction score
I have an ungodly amount of seeds, 200+, from some friends who accidentally left a male in their room, so I'm going to do this sog. Right now I have 4x afghani, 1x mississippi kush, and 6 of the mixed bag germinating. 1 afghani and the mississippi kush have popped. I'm waiting on the rest to pop before I put them all into a dwc. I'll put up pics as soon as they sprout.

This morning all of the afghani's have popped!! :D Looking forward to them. The mississippi kush is seeming to have a problem. Instead of a short thick root sticking out it's got a long stringy one. I'm no expert but I don't think it's gonna make it, so I started a few more of that mixed bag and they should pop pretty soon. The pic is of the mississippi kush. If it's in anyway salvageable tell me. I'll try anything to keep it alive.

View attachment seed.bmp

That many,
Cool deal, I do hope you store them well, Here is a little something for those beans, a bit of the GREEN MOJOth_GreenMojo 13.jpg
for you, and yours
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

th_GreenMojo 13.jpg

Out of the 13 seeds I started germinating I had 8 pop, which is exactly what I wanted. So I'll be growing 4x Afghani, 2x indica heavy unknown strain, and 2x sativa heavy unkown strain. Hopefully they'll all be fems. Once they have all fully sprouted I'll veg them for 1 week and then flip over to 12/12. Pics are of my sprouting tank and of the sprouts.

sprouting.jpg

sprouts.jpg

Yo Ho youngbud,
I love watching those little sprouts grow Ha- Ha your doing great, This will be fun to watch, please do keep this going, and Thanks for sharing.:aok:
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

After my wake and bake this morning I decided it was time to give the little sproutlings some extra light so I went and got 2 1750 lumen cfl's, a fan, a y splitter, and a reflector. It all cost me $20.

lights.jpg

MIght wanna get those lights a bit higher off the plant man. With them that close you run a big change of burning the seedlings, and at minimum your going to dry out the medium faster. Id say to at least the top of the container they are in.

EDIT: id also take the standing water out of that tub your cubes will hold enough water for them babies. too much can cause problems like root rot real fast.

Thanks dubbaman. I was nervous about having the lights so low but I didn't want them to stretch either. I moved 'em up to 5-6 inches off the medium. Hopefully that will be cool enough with that fan on?

edit: got the water out too.

a good rule of thumb, once your plants get alittle more mature and grow acouple leaves , always keep your CFL's 3-5 inches away fromt he tops of your plant depending on wattage and how much heat the lights physicaly put off, like Dubbman said tho that early that close can cause some problems. how do you have your fan? make sure the breeze is sweeping over the tops of your sprouts Circulation fans are probably one of the most important steps in growing plants no air flow not alot of growth.

Hope any of this stoned rant helps! GG

also when all 8 of those babies starts growing your gonna need about 13 more of those CFL's =P lol the good thing is 15 CFL's wont use as much power as one HPS... the bad thing is trying to find room to mount all those suckers! i use 6 CFL light bulbs for Alice my purple Sativa.. soo you get the idea.

Looking good...Friend...hope you get lots of females..Keep it GREEN my friend

How about some specs on your set-up...?

I didn't want to post anything until I had my next batch on their way, but I had a problem with my hydro rig while I was out of town and realized with my schedule that doing this hydroponically might have been a bit too maintenince intensive for me. The dwc tank couldn't hold the pressure and bowed out just enough to pull the roots of my plants 1/4 inch out of the water. It was depressing to say the least.

On the bright side, I now have 12 little babies from that sativa heavy bud I got. I decided to scrap the hydroponics rig for now. I'll bring it back when I have the time to check it often enough. So these sprouts are in solo cups of miracle-gro organic potting soil. I'm afraid of overwatering them so I'd like a bit of advice on how much water they need as sprouts.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

good luck youngbud ,,,,
im on my first grow and have overwatered my babies ,2 are really flagging i was watering a little everyday ,,,but i have been advised by several people to try giving a little water every 2 or 3 days instead ,,,i hope this helps some ,
:tokie:

It's been a week, thought it was time for an update. I have one that's really started to take off and when the others get as big as she *fingers crossed* is now I'm going to flip them into flowering and start with nutes. The local hydro shop has this brand of nutes called Humboldt's Own that I'm thinking about trying, but I want to make sure it'll live up to it's name first. If that ends up being a bunk brand I'll go with Tiger Bloom. Also going to be adding another 3400 lumen of lights for flowering to bring the total to 10,200 lumen.

The plants look a little yellow to me, If anyone thinks there's something wrong with them please let me know how to fix it.

plants.jpg

congrats on the sprouts :tokie: my babies went yellow when they were overwatered ,but it might be something else :bong2:

they look quite green to me

I hope there just a little yellow from when I overwatered them.

They look good to me. Do you monitor your ph? Make sure you don't give them nutes until they are around 30 days old. wouldn't won't to burn the girls.

Latest posts

Back