Your opinion about a connected EC / pH / climate meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egrowr

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I will run a kickstarter campaign soon to fund the production of a remote monitoring device that takes continuous measurements of the pH, the EC, the climate (temperature, humidity) and light intensity. It's equipped with WiFi so you can see the measurements on your smartphone. You can receive notification when a threshold is exceeded and display daily, weekly and monthly graphs.
It will cost less than most of combo EC+pH meter you can find on the market.

I'm an electronic engineer and I grow hydro for almost 8 years now. So I had this idea and spent the last 18 month designing the device with the help of some friends.

I can't share the website here because of the forum's rules that I don't want to break, but I called it Egrowr so just type the name on Google or Facebook if you want more details.

I would like to have a feedback from the community about this idea. Do you think it would be useful to receive push notifications when it's time to correct the environment? What are the other features you would want to see in this kind of device?

Thanks !

FOR ADMIN : This is not an ad, I'm not representing a company and this is only a project for now, so please be understanding :)

Welcome to MP Egrowr-- Can U make that thang automatic So it would just make the adjustments for U ?-- I run Aero under LEDs been doing it for about 5 years -- I quit using my ppm pen long time ago -I run a live res. - I pH maybe once a week unless I forget -- My problem right now although I'm in the middle of a move is I use those 35 gallon black and yellow boxes so I have to test each one !-- I like them for cloning and early veg but for bloom I need something else !
I'm thinking about a spray and drain system !-- Soon as I get this house put back together and sell it I'm buying a little "Stoner Ranch" -- I'll be glad when Texas changes the law -- It ain't easy being Cheesy!-- We got no weed infrastructure or nothing !-- Hunting growers is a po-po sport down here !

While U doing R&D -- How about an inflatable green house ?--Double walled-- Inflated ribs -- build it in sections so U can expand --Solid ends for electric and environmental control -- Then stick your deally in as original manufactures equipment?-- 2 birds with one stone -- Might as well build some drip and drain tables for it too and make it plug and play ?

"Welcome to MP Egrowr-- Can U make that thang automatic So it would just make the adjustments for U ?"
Those kind of device are available on the market but they are expensive and there isn't lot of customers for it. It looks like you grow large amount of plants, but unfortunately, it's not common :)
The challenge here was to provide a device that helps the best the growers and don't ruin them financially. It's a tricky equation : the technical possibilities are huge but for a project to reach the market, it needs to be affordable.

"While U doing R&D -- How about an inflatable green house ?--Double walled-- Inflated ribs -- build it in sections so U can expand --Solid ends for electric and environmental control -- Then stick your deally in as original manufactures equipment?-- 2 birds with one stone -- Might as well build some drip and drain tables for it too and make it plug and play ?"
That's a great idea. I will be looking for business partners to offer the Egrowr with their hydroponic setups for sure.

Anyway, we all wait every US states to fully legalize. Is there any chance Texas will move forward soon?

It looks promising for Texas Egrowr -- We have a mmj law that helps no one -- Dr. has to prescribe it and that's against the law -- There are 10 bills about mj on the docket after the first of the year-- I expect them to amend that law and open up for medical only !-- I can live with that !-- Gonna be like the wild, wild west anyway -- We got no weed infrastructure or anything like that !-- I'm in position to stick my foot in that door soon as it cracks open some !
Gonna be lots of opportunity ! --Long as I can make it to the end without getting caught .

Sorta of looks like an ad to me.

Haven't they had continuous automatic meters and feeders for years? But just not the WiFi part?

Nice early bird special price, but I see no need for one.

Sorta of looks like an ad to me.

Haven't they had continuous automatic meters and feeders for years? But just not the WiFi part?

Nice early bird special price, but I see no need for one.

Yes, continuous meters are available. The main problems we wanted to solve are :
1. The need for the user to check the measurements. Not a big deal but why buy a continuous measurement device when you need to check it just as you do with pens ?
2. The price. The technologies isn't as expensive as it looks. Companies makes clearly too much margin. We can offer you more features for less with the same build and measurement quality and still make enough money for us to live.

Hello everybody,

It was a lot of hard work but the Kickstarter campaign for the Egrowr has just started !

It’s on the Kickstarter website, just search for “Egrowr” (can’t share links here). You’re one of the first to be informed, so you can get the device cheaper.

Sorry for my poor English accent in the video by the way

To remind you, it was the idea to create a monitoring device that measures almost everything in the growtent and communicate with your smartphone.

Please back the project and share the campaign.

Thanks !

I really want a female version of a robot that will stay at home and tend to my plants all day

Hello everybody,

It was a lot of hard work but the Kickstarter campaign for the Egrowr has just started !

It’s on the Kickstarter website, just search for “Egrowr” (can’t share links here). You’re one of the first to be informed, so you can get the device cheaper.

Sorry for my poor English accent in the video by the way

To remind you, it was the idea to create a monitoring device that measures almost everything in the growtent and communicate with your smartphone.

Please back the project and share the campaign.

Thanks !
Being a hydro grower myself, I have found the plants and I both like the personal touch of a human being breathing the oxygen the babies produce. there is nothing like the time I spend with them and no smart phone or picture can duplicate the feel, smell, or the sound of them stretching for the light. I visit my plants 2 times a day. But this is just me, You may have something going here. But it's not for me. This is just my opinion but some things need to be done in person. Good luck

Being a hydro grower myself, I have found the plants and I both like the personal touch of a human being breathing the oxygen the babies produce. there is nothing like the time I spend with them and no smart phone or picture can duplicate the feel, smell, or the sound of them stretching for the light. I visit my plants 2 times a day. But this is just me, You may have something going here. But it's not for me. This is just my opinion but some things need to be done in person. Good luck

Totally agree with you! It's like a serotonin rush each time I see the plants thriving thanks to the care I give them, I know exactly what you mean. But I prefer spending time watching them, trimming the leafs, adjusting the light, etc. instead of checking their environment. This is where the smartphone is useful.
Maybe the comparison is strange but it's like a mail box. You go to check what's inside and you're happy to receive your last amazon order. But sometimes there is nothing in the mail box. And sometimes the package has been delivered and is waiting for you. It's better to be informed of it, isn't it ?

Anyway, each grower has its own way of doing, and I totally respect that.

Totally agree with you! It's like a serotonin rush each time I see the plants thriving thanks to the care I give them, I know exactly what you mean. But I prefer spending time watching them, trimming the leafs, adjusting the light, etc. instead of checking their environment. This is where the smartphone is useful.
Maybe the comparison is strange but it's like a mail box. You go to check what's inside and you're happy to receive your last amazon order. But sometimes there is nothing in the mail box. And sometimes the package has been delivered and is waiting for you. It's better to be informed of it, isn't it ?

Anyway, each grower has its own way of doing, and I totally respect that.
I respect what you are doing, I see a lot of good to this type of alert for the folks who are not retired or don't have the time to spend with their plants as I do. I have 4 patents on grow equipment that expand on what you are doing, One is on a unit that will set your equipment to function by strain and recreate the environment of the mother strain. It will send 4 reports a day to your cell phone and monitor your grow 24/7. I did this for the people who have to comply with the regulations set forth by the city and county leaders that you have to deal with even though the state allows you to grow. The self righteous will always try to hold you back until they can get a cut or take what you have. This is a relatively new market and WIDE OPEN to all, Good luck with your project, I hope to see more from you ( This is just a start, Let's see where your imagination takes you.

Latest posts

Back