Your opinions please.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUG1138

Reaction score
I have 3 girls, 2 NL and 1 WW. I have just recently (3 days ago) transplanted them all from 4" containers. I put one NL and the WW in 5 gal buckets (following Mutts 'how-to' .... thanks Mutt!) and I put the other NL in a 1 gal. container. I used MG organic and Scotts perlite. I plan to keep the 5 gal. girls for mommas and flower the other NL. I have the Foxfarm trio pack (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom). My questions are, ..... When should I start fertilizing them & how much? (I was gonna start with 1/2 strength as soon as the soil dries out a bit.) &
How much fertilizer solution to a 1 gal. container or 5 gal. bucket?

Thanks in advance.

How old/big are they? If they are big enough for transplant they are probably big enough for some food.
The mix ratio should be on the bottle or you can get a PPM meter to see how many parts per million you are mixing. As far as how much actual fluid you will need, a couple of waterings will tell you that.
Remember, if using a PPM meter, subtract the baseline PPM of the water you are using from the total.

What is in that MG soil? It is notorious for being a bit 'hot' so you might not want to start with the nutes with fresh soil. How big and old are your girls? I usually start nutes around 3rd week with a very weak solution. For your first feeding take what it says on the bottle and cut it in half. For example I think Grow Big is 4 tablespoons per gallon of water. Use like 2 per gallon and see hwo they react. If you don't see any problems follow with just plain water and then the next time they need some h2O give'm full strength.

I missed the MG part, I wouldn't add anything nute-wise on top of that junk.

I planted them from seed around the middle of August. Yes, the MG soil has N - 0.1 P - 0.05 K - 0.1. The plants are probably between 10'' and 14'' tall. I have fertilized them twice before with MG tomato fertilizer. The first time was 1/4 strength and the second was 1/2 strength. I wasn't able to get the Foxfarm juice 'till a few days ago.

Latest posts

Back