Your opinions please.....

GUG1138

Reaction score
I have 3 girls, 2 NL and 1 WW. I have just recently (3 days ago) transplanted them all from 4" containers. I put one NL and the WW in 5 gal buckets (following Mutts 'how-to' .... thanks Mutt!) and I put the other NL in a 1 gal. container. I used MG organic and Scotts perlite. I plan to keep the 5 gal. girls for mommas and flower the other NL. I have the Foxfarm trio pack (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom). My questions are, ..... When should I start fertilizing them & how much? (I was gonna start with 1/2 strength as soon as the soil dries out a bit.) &
How much fertilizer solution to a 1 gal. container or 5 gal. bucket?

Thanks in advance.

Biffdoggie

Test Monkey (Moderator)
Reaction score
How old/big are they? If they are big enough for transplant they are probably big enough for some food.
The mix ratio should be on the bottle or you can get a PPM meter to see how many parts per million you are mixing. As far as how much actual fluid you will need, a couple of waterings will tell you that.
Remember, if using a PPM meter, subtract the baseline PPM of the water you are using from the total.

B

bejohnst

What is in that MG soil? It is notorious for being a bit 'hot' so you might not want to start with the nutes with fresh soil. How big and old are your girls? I usually start nutes around 3rd week with a very weak solution. For your first feeding take what it says on the bottle and cut it in half. For example I think Grow Big is 4 tablespoons per gallon of water. Use like 2 per gallon and see hwo they react. If you don't see any problems follow with just plain water and then the next time they need some h2O give'm full strength.

Biffdoggie

Test Monkey (Moderator)
Reaction score
I missed the MG part, I wouldn't add anything nute-wise on top of that junk.

GUG1138

Reaction score
I planted them from seed around the middle of August. Yes, the MG soil has N - 0.1 P - 0.05 K - 0.1. The plants are probably between 10'' and 14'' tall. I have fertilized them twice before with MG tomato fertilizer. The first time was 1/4 strength and the second was 1/2 strength. I wasn't able to get the Foxfarm juice 'till a few days ago.

Latest posts