Your spider mite killer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
I need some input about killing spider mites. Ive dealt with them before and I just couldnt seem to get completely rid of them until I stopped growing for a while. I was given some clones recently :doh:that have mites and Im wondering if anybody has a one time kill all remedy? I sprayed them with neem oil, then hit them with mitecide, then hit them with AzaMax, and then once more with neem oil and they still arent all dead. I have a fogger but I dont really want to use it because there is animals in the house.

Does anybody have personal experience with an easy kill option that can be used in veg and or flower?

i've never found anything that will kill them all in one shot because of the egg's. but i'll be waiting with you for an answer. i don't currently have SM but you never know when they might pop up.. good luck

They always seem to come with clones that are gifted. It has happened to me a few times and Ive read a bunch of stories about people being given clones that were infested. And they spread like wild fire from plant to plant.

ya i took in a clone from a friend a couple of years ago and it had them. before i knew it they were everywhere. i finally got rid of them but it took a couple of months and i had to make another grow area after all my plants finished and still don't use the old one

My favorite miticide is Forbid. It is the only thing I have found that did the job with only 1 application. It has a 2 week residual effect so takes care of the mites as they hatch.

How are your poor plants after all that?
I have had good luck with Liquid Lady Bugs. It took three sprayings five days apart. You want to get rid of them before flowering. If they are really bad I would toss them and clean up and start over.
You have to almost turn the plant over and get the underside, I took the clones out of the pot and threw away the dirt they were in, and sprayed the heck out of them. I am organic and it worked.

Im just going to have to get down and dirty and take every five gallon bucket out of the tent, one at a time, and tip it up side down and spray the bottoms of the leaves. Maybe put some plastic gloves on and spread it on the undersides of the leaves. Im going to be ready to put them into flower in a week so I want to kill these things now.

After harvest I will bleach the whole grow area and probably set off a fogger in the bed room and then start a whole new grow.

maineharvest said:
Im just going to have to get down and dirty and take every five gallon bucket out of the tent, one at a time, and tip it up side down and spray the bottoms of the leaves. Maybe put some plastic gloves on and spread it on the undersides of the leaves. Im going to be ready to put them into flower in a week so I want to kill these things now.

I get down and dirty--IMO that is the only way to really get RID of the borg. Forbid is not a systemic, but it does penetrate the leaves so you can pretty much be assured that if you spray both the tops and the bottoms of the leaves that you have gotten all the surfaces. The plants tolerate the spray very well.

Thanks THG. Its times like these that I wish I did hydro. I hate dealing with five gallon buckets full of promix.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I get down and dirty--IMO that is the only way to really get RID of the borg. Forbid is not a systemic, but it does penetrate the leaves so you can pretty much be assured that if you spray both the tops and the bottoms of the leaves that you have gotten all the surfaces. The plants tolerate the spray very well.
:yeahthat:

I have both Forbid and Floramite, so I can alternate treatments.

I've yet to use the Floramite. One application of the Forbid and that was it for the mites. They have yet to make a reappearance. I've never seen anything work this well.

Wet

I use Floramite. TBH, I have rolled the dice and not sprayed in 3 cycles. Not a mite in sight in over a year. I dont take in clones though. I want to believe they are just straight up afraid to enter the room.

forbid miticide has only beeen proven safe on ornamental plants.. what stage(s) are youz usinh them on? pc,

maineharvest said:
Good info Wetdog. Did you buy the Forbid online?

Yes, on ebay. IIRC the seller was Raider_Nation. A search will pop it up.

Rosebud: When it comes to mites, my idea of organic gets very liberal. LOL

feelfree: I ONLY use it in veg or on clones a couple days before the flip. But, like NC, I haven't used it in awhile. No mites=no spray. It's not something you should use just to be using it.

Wet

Last night I pulled every thing out of the tent and sprayed each leaf one at a time with the mitecide and crushed any eggs with my fingers. I sprayed down the whole tent with some non bleach cleaner and hopefully now that will be the end of the mites. I will still continue to spray them with neem oil for a few more weeks just in case a few survived.

Latest posts

Back