Your spider mite killer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wetdog said:
Yes, on ebay. IIRC the seller was Raider_Nation. A search will pop it up.

Rosebud: When it comes to mites, my idea of organic gets very liberal. LOL

feelfree: I ONLY use it in veg or on clones a couple days before the flip. But, like NC, I haven't used it in awhile. No mites=no spray. It's not something you should use just to be using it.

Wet

yea, that was my thought as well.. important that herbal meds dont do more harm than good.. what are your thoughts about azatrol?

maineharvest said:
Last night I pulled every thing out of the tent and sprayed each leaf one at a time with the mitecide and crushed any eggs with my fingers. I sprayed down the whole tent with some non bleach cleaner and hopefully now that will be the end of the mites. I will still continue to spray them with neem oil for a few more weeks just in case a few survived.

If the miticide didn't kill them, I doubt that the neem oil is going to do any good. Also be careful of using it if in flowering. I have smoked bud treated with neem oil EARLY in flowering and it left such a nasty taste that it was pretty much unsmokeable.

I was not impressed at all with azatrol.

Yeah. Neem is very very nasty tasting. Do what you need for now while in flower. Moving foward, floramite or forbid. end all.

maineharvest said:
Last night I pulled every thing out of the tent and sprayed each leaf one at a time with the mitecide and crushed any eggs with my fingers. I sprayed down the whole tent with some non bleach cleaner and hopefully now that will be the end of the mites. I will still continue to spray them with neem oil for a few more weeks just in case a few survived.

If you used the Forbid or Floramite, NO NEEM!!!!

Besides the taste :eek: the Forbid at least says don't use anything else after application.

Like THG said, if the Forbid or Floramite didn't do the trick, neem sure won't.

Wet

i get up in there and kill them myself, i will hunt them between sprays. i use Avid and mite rid to spray, but if your really commited you can supposebly just use water. Spraying with water on the entire plant religously.
i wanna try some of what THG uses though...

Good Luck on getting Forbid and Floramite in Cali. I have been tryin' for over 2 weeks now. I am getting close on Ebay.
Spendy, to say the least. Close to $600 for both Forbid and floramite( $300 each)

gotta say NC, I finally got some Eagle20. Lovin' it.

$300 for one bottle? That better be a lifetime supply for that price. I guess you get what you pay for.

NorCalHal said:
Good Luck on getting Forbid and Floramite in Cali. I have been tryin' for over 2 weeks now. I am getting close on Ebay.
Spendy, to say the least. Close to $600 for both Forbid and floramite( $300 each)

gotta say NC, I finally got some Eagle20. Lovin' it.

NCH

Unless you literally have acres of mj to spray, don't spend or buy that amount. It would go bad years before you could use it all up.

Between its effectiveness and mixing strength of drops/gallon, a very little goes a very long way.

Unless you were going to portion it out and resell.

Wet

azatrol is a derivitive made from neem oil, not the oil itself.. anyone tried it?

Wetdog said:
NCH

Unless you literally have acres of mj to spray, don't spend or buy that amount. It would go bad years before you could use it all up.

Between its effectiveness and mixing strength of drops/gallon, a very little goes a very long way.

Unless you were going to portion it out and resell.

Wet

I hear ya, but it is very hard to find in smaller amounts.

I paid like $15 dollars for the 1oz on ebay and have sprayed over 500 plants and still have over half left. 1/8 teaspoon will dose 45 hard.

Maybe I'm just a newb but I have successfully dealt with spider mites in the past using a Pyrethrum fogger. Dr. Doom iirc. I used it a couple times about 3 weeks apart into late flowering last winter with success. All mite activity ceased after use and when I noticed more spots and webs a few weeks later I just hit the room again. Worked for me. (knocks on wood)

I got rid of them with a product called "that stuff mighty wash". It kills with frequency and can be used in bloom up to the day of harvest!

kiksroks said:
Maybe I'm just a newb but I have successfully dealt with spider mites in the past using a Pyrethrum fogger. Dr. Doom iirc. I used it a couple times about 3 weeks apart into late flowering last winter with success. All mite activity ceased after use and when I noticed more spots and webs a few weeks later I just hit the room again. Worked for me. (knocks on wood)

If you saw more spots and webs a few weeks after you treated, you did not get rid of the mites. Pyrethrum has limited effect against spider mites. We truly wish it were as easy as setting off a bomb in the grow space, but it isn't.

I would also like to caution against using anything to treat mites late into flowering. Remember that whatever you spray your buds with is what you will be smoking.

I will be doing one more treatment and then they are going into flower. I am going to hit them with some AzaMax(made by General Hydroponics).

I picked up a product from the local grow store called 'Bang'. Cut with water (3/1 water to bang) cut lights out and spray. I gave 3 treatments, but couldn't find any new ones after the second spraying.

Some of the lower more damaged leaves eventually yellowed and died. But not any more mites.

Killuminati420 said:
i get up in there and kill them myself, i will hunt them between sprays. i use Avid and mite rid to spray, but if your really commited you can supposebly just use water. Spraying with water on the entire plant religously.
i wanna try some of what THG uses though...

Me too,i will spend hours after hours hunting then down by myself :eek: i make sure i do not miss a spot,i find they lay most of there eggs along the leaf veins,so what i do is i roll the leafs so i squeeze the eggs up against the leaf veins without damaging the leaf itself,i find this works really well.

if i find the leaf has just got too many on,then i may decide too just remove that leaf,as i go i use a spray made up from a drop of dishsoap and fag butt and tobacco juices,this really works for me,better then all them bottles of crap they are trying to sell me.

i start with 1litre of water,then i add just a drop of dishsoap to it,then i add all the butts from all the ashtrays in the home,then i put in about 5g of golden virginia tobacco,and last a tiny little drop of vinegar.as i say,i dont get lazy i make sure i get every single leaf,i do this every single day untill they are gone,honestly i allways get rid of them completely.

i filter the mix before i use it & i let the mix stand for about 24 hours with all the butts and stuff soaking in it

but i do not grow and deal with a huge number of plants,i can only imagine how much fun that would be :doh:

So how dangerous is the Floramite to me when I spray it? I have read a bunch of posts where folks say they spray it, and a few posts where folks say be very carefull and wear a hazardous waste suit and a resperator with the correct filters for chemicals, and gloves and goggles. Then throw all the clothes away after you spray the plants. So I have been afraid to use it because I don't have that resporator, so I just rub all the leaves and cut bad leaves off.

SherwoodForest said:
So how dangerous is the Floramite to me when I spray it? I have read a bunch of posts where folks say they spray it, and a few posts where folks say be very carefull and wear a hazardous waste suit and a resperator with the correct filters for chemicals, and gloves and goggles. Then throw all the clothes away after you spray the plants. So I have been afraid to use it because I don't have that resporator, so I just rub all the leaves and cut bad leaves off.

Didnt we go over this? I have slacked a bit. But goggles, gloves and paint suit is what I wear. Re-use all the items each time. Dont be a sissy :)

Latest posts

Back