Your thoughts on alcohol?

Discussion in 'Coffee Table' started by Shovelest, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Nov 9, 2019 #61

LordElSupremo

LordElSupremo

LordElSupremo

I also live with disc degenerative disorder and spinal stenosis. Although it's not as severe as yours. I had a doctor advise using no alcohol with this condition because it is not good to restrict blood flow in the affected area. I've been through agonizing pain and multiple operations although I'm very lucky to be mostly out of pain right now and have been for a year. Right now epidural injections are keeping it at bay. Weed helped me get through pain episodes before because it's so hard to get prescribed opiates. I'm sure you know those kind of episodes. When you can lie motionless on your back in bed and still be in terrible pain. I've spent so much time in a recliner and had to sleep in one for long periods. They send you to pain management "alternative options" that don't work. Nothing really fixes this and you're certainly aware of that. We can only manage it. I'm quite sure I have more pain ahead of me but if I get depressed about my condition I have goodies growing in the closet. I'm not a heavy smoker I don't think. I smoke less than 4 ounces of bud a year. But I'm still concerned it's hurting my lungs. I cough too much and wake up with a cough. And I might only have 6 small bong the entire day and it still irritates my lungs. I guess I should consider making more pot brownies so I can enjoy this more. I can't afford a good vape. I have one of those little box vapes but it stinks up the entire house. My nephew has a really good one and he paid over $350 for it. They seem to be a pain in the neck to use. I tried using his electronic vape and it seemed difficult. He said you have to get used to it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. Nov 19, 2019 #62

novitius

novitius

novitius

I quit drinking a couple years ago. I view alcohol now as a way to control the masses. To fill our prison industry and keep us distracted and content. Much like the Romans did to their people. Imight be wrong but I'm pretty sure most people don't just have one or two and call it good. They consume until fubar. Being that I spent most of my life in food service I've seen it on a nightly basis.
    It causes drastic changes in a person's personality at an undisclosed time. It's like a bomb ticking.
    Work us to the Bone and give us the weekend nights. The clubs, the bars, the liquor store. Let us celebrate and rejoice in our hard work. Let's drink until we're useless Sunday. Well we've got to recover before Monday!

key2life likes this.
  3. Nov 19, 2019 #63

thegloman

thegloman

thegloman

I think I am....therefore, I am......I think

Best use of alcohol for Me these days is for making RSO.

Rosebud, key2life and novitius like this.
  4. Nov 19, 2019 #64

novitius

novitius

novitius

Absolutely!

Rosebud likes this.
  5. Nov 19, 2019 #65

key2life

key2life

key2life

Pete 2020

Contrarian
    Mixing alcohol with dope puts me right to sleep - just got away from it once I started growing. Easy choice!

novitius likes this.
  6. Nov 20, 2019 #66

Lawrenc Smith

Lawrenc Smith

Lawrenc Smith

I wanted to add another thing to this discussion. One of the guitarists who comes to the jam I run recently got his second DUI. He is hoping they will allow him to drive to gigs as that is a large part of his income.
    I don't know if it is like this in other places, but here in N. Ca you have to buy into the old boys' network of lawyers, rehab, counseling, meetings, etc, all at the low low price of $10,000. If you buy into this, you are screwed, but if you don't, you are really screwed. I notice sometimes some who are at the jam reek of beer, weed, or both. I can only imagine if they pulled into a DUI checkpoint and let down their window. Cannabis is legal here, but they are really pushing enforcement of not driving stoned. The news recently mentioned they are working on a roadside test for THC. As Stevie Ray Vaughn said, "you have to come home from the party". Please come home safe.

novitius and 2RedEyes like this.