Your thoughts on alcohol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quit drinking a couple years ago. I view alcohol now as a way to control the masses. To fill our prison industry and keep us distracted and content. Much like the Romans did to their people. Imight be wrong but I'm pretty sure most people don't just have one or two and call it good. They consume until fubar. Being that I spent most of my life in food service I've seen it on a nightly basis.
It causes drastic changes in a person's personality at an undisclosed time. It's like a bomb ticking.
Work us to the Bone and give us the weekend nights. The clubs, the bars, the liquor store. Let us celebrate and rejoice in our hard work. Let's drink until we're useless Sunday. Well we've got to recover before Monday!

I wanted to add another thing to this discussion. One of the guitarists who comes to the jam I run recently got his second DUI. He is hoping they will allow him to drive to gigs as that is a large part of his income.
I don't know if it is like this in other places, but here in N. Ca you have to buy into the old boys' network of lawyers, rehab, counseling, meetings, etc, all at the low low price of $10,000. If you buy into this, you are screwed, but if you don't, you are really screwed. I notice sometimes some who are at the jam reek of beer, weed, or both. I can only imagine if they pulled into a DUI checkpoint and let down their window. Cannabis is legal here, but they are really pushing enforcement of not driving stoned. The news recently mentioned they are working on a roadside test for THC. As Stevie Ray Vaughn said, "you have to come home from the party". Please come home safe.

I stopped drinking alcohol two years ago and I'm glad about it. In the morning I felt so bad and it spoiled my mood

I stopped the alcohol over 30 years ago. Do not really miss it and saves money. Only drink i'll have is a shot of Jack Daniels if I harvest a deer during hunting season, been 3 or 4 years now. Have used cannabis daily for over 50 years.

I've been sober for a month and a half. I'm thirsty. I only drink three beers, twice a week to be social. Since the virus disrupted everything, the bars are closed. I'm not too sure when they open them up that I'll be the first one in line. It's going to be a slow process before I start hanging out in public, even after the nation goes back to normal.

I only drink lightly when we have people over or go to someone's home. Just a glass of wine or two.

I used to drink back in the day been sober since 93 never quit the weed though everybody I know that drinks has major problems I don't need any of that

I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer. It helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow (Makes him feel mellow)
Whiskey's too rough, champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer
(He likes beer)

I quit drinking in 1978, and dont miss it a bit. Cant stand it. I could shoot 10 beers in 9 minutes when I was 15, and not get sick. Never cared for the taste, and only drank to get trashed.

The taste of a cold draft beer on a hot summer day just can't be beaten for me. Now, the lines to the tap have to be clean, the glasses rinsed free of soap and disinfectant, and the colder the better. It's also great to have a few like-minded friends to enjoy it with, too.
Craft beer? Only fools, posers, and yuppies drink the stuff.

I live in Thailand and the sale of it has been banned for 2 weeks now. There will be an amnesty tomorrow where we can buy for 2 days (that will be crazy!) and then another month of no beer. It's what they call "The new norm" It's getting like N. Korea here.

Craft beer? Only fools, posers, and yuppies drink the stuff.

Ha. Id rather support my local, independent brewery that makes award winning beers of ALL varieties and employs people who live in my neighborhood than some bullshit big beer brand that’s owned by a foreign conglomerate who tries to stifle competition by buying up beer distributors and paying off liquor and grocery stores.

They're also the same ones who make fun of Craft Beer in their commercials while at the same time try to secretly buy up the top Craft Beer breweries in the nation to boost their slumping sales from big beer.

But hey, no need to get upset and call names, some people just have better taste than you.

I live in Thailand and the sale of it has been banned for 2 weeks now. There will be an amnesty tomorrow where we can buy for 2 days (that will be crazy!) and then another month of no beer. It's what they call "The new norm" It's getting like N. Korea here.
Then compare that to here in the US where we’re still allowed to buy alcohol or make a stop at the dispensary yet we have who people think its just as bad or worse than you have it cause they can’t go out to Chili’s or get a stupid hair cut. It’s unreal.

Quit alcohol in my 30's, quit all drugs except weed also back then. The herb has been steady and will always be.

Alcohol rots the organs, marijuana is beneficial for pain and diabetic sugar regulation. Its a win.

As a young man i drank to get drunk. As a older man i drink for the taste. A dark beer every now and then and a couple margaritas when we go out to eat mexican. i'll still hit my jaeger, volka and gin every once in awhile too. But you don't see me drunk.

Quit alcohol in 1992. Quit everything EXCEPT weed that same year. Got divorced just prior, late 1991.

Latest posts

Back