Your thoughts on alcohol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shovelest

Reaction score
I quit drinking about a year ago. I used to drink almost daily but i realized the dramatic effect it had on a human being.. You turn in to a stupid arrogant fool and end up wasting your money and break your relationships. I think it is a serious Drug and it should not be taken so lightly. by legalizing cannabis people would slowly start to realize that alcohol is poison. you might harm yourself doing mild drugs like cannabis but you NEVER hurt anyone else really.. but it will never happen as long as the bankers ,pharms, oil companies stay in control.

Peace:cool:

i like it but, it can turn a housecat into a broke *** mtn lion.

thats where being responsible comes into play.

I would love to see weed legalized but I never see it happening. The only reason why tobacco and alcohol are legalized is because it has the backing of the politicians and the lobbyist. The amount of lives and the cost of health care of tobacco and alcohol users are tremendous. Until the politicians get on board theres no chance. Even if there was a federal law legalizing marijuana then you have to hope your state allows it. Since I live in the bible belt, good luck here.

I like to drink, I have fun, don't over-do-it and I don't drive. Its like when I was younger I would drink like a fish, smoke like 5 blunts and get wasted all the time, but even a few years later I drink way less, and when I smoke I can hit a bong two-three times a day and be happily high all day.

I love homebrewing and distilling whiskies. I hve 3 stills, a pot still ,a reflux and tea kettle still, When you start home brewing and see what a real beer taste like(Dont start europeans i love your choices in beers) its hard to drink a "bud, coors, or miller they're to much like drinking water.

Drink to enjoy not get so sfaced you dont remember anything. NEVER DRIVE !!!!!!

For me in my world alcohol is the devils juice...take care..

Has anyone here ever been to a Rainbow Gathering. I happen to be fly fishing in Colorado like 10 yrs. ago and they were having one in the National Forest where we camped. They had this weird thing called A camp (I guess the only place they allowedd drinking). I visited both camps while we were there, A camp was much more fun.

Nectar of the Gods.
Ugly chicks magically become pretty.
Us old guys wake up next to collage age beauties because it brings out the "how daddy didnt love us enough." from them.
Kills germs.
Helps make a helluva cake, drunken chicken, beer battered shrimp.
Tailgate parties just wouldnt be the same. (goes for golf also)
Main thing though, it helps the wife be far less of a B-word.

I've been a homebrewer for 10+ years and believe booze, like any anniebrient should be used with the respect nessesary to remain in control.
I was a bartender and bouncer for many years and can say from personal experience most people change after just a few, most for the worst.
I have been in bars litteraly all over the world and the one thing they all have in common is bouncers. So obviously it's the alchohol not any particular societal influence. When I was in the service I spent many weekends in Amsterdam coffee shops not once did I see any trouble other than people who came in off the street, Drunk.
The reason alchohol is deemed less dangerous than it actualy is is because of the absorbtion of it in everyday life, ie toast the winner, martini lunches, a beer with the guys, drink to forget,ect.ect.ect.
Weed on the other hand has always been demonised by people or groups in power because it is a way to seperate "us from them". Them are always represented as youth, or minoritys, or people who think for themselves.

I believe anything that can bring people together in love and good cheer has its merits. However, both can do the opposite when used in excess, more so alcohol, so I'm a bit more wary of booze than weed, but as everyone else has said, moderation is the key.

I used to drink quite a bit in my youth. In age I have come to appreciate more and more it's culinary value. I rarely drink on empty anymore. Not when you can pair it up i.e. dark red wine and pasta with a tomato based sauce or german food (kraut comes to mind) and a good wheat beer ect. If there is no good grub around I am much more likely to say 'no thanks'. If I do take it, it better be rum, that I can say.

I like a drink, try not to make it too many times a week cos i only really drink vodka, brandy or tequila.
Drink beer a bit when i'm out but i tend not to go out much nowadays.
Gota say even though i a bit of a gentle giant though if someone starts being a knob when i'm out i find it hard to walk away and thats got me in a fair bit of trouble lol and unfortunately there seems to be a LOT of em around town.
Its not that i get aggressive with people, just not wise for em to do it with me lol.

I'm happier chillin at home with a bit of bud a large bottle of brandy and maybe a little something else to perk me up sometimes.

Booze is like anything else, ok in moderation and if used responsibly.

used in moderation its ok, my Father was an acaholic, my step father my brother,my brothers son my exwife all of them realy really messed up cause of it. its a dangerious drug u drink it enough you will become an acaholic and if u say no way it only means u havent reached that point yet..i went through the bar thing my ex was a bartender i saw my self getting were i wanted it every day and i told myself nope not me u took the rest of my family your not getting me havent took a drink since...

Yeah my mother was a major alky, she'd go to bed with a large drink in case she woke up and if not she had it when she got up in mornin lol and just carried on drinkin all day all over again, day in day out 365, after i seen that it made it kinda easy not to let myself get into drinkin too much cos i'd just think of her and think NO WAY!!!!!!!

Interesting that so many of us had parents with alcohol abuse problems. That was certainly the case with me. My father was an alcoholic, a fact which has no doubt colored my attitude towards booze. I drink socially but seldom, literally maybe a couple of drinks a year. If I lived by myself, it would never occur to me to buy a bottle or a six-pack. My substance of psychoactive choice is herb. Always has been. Always will be.

Latest posts

Back