YumYum Red Diesel, Yellow Skink, Blue Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yumyumbubblegum

The Beez Kneez
Reaction score
I have finally got everything in order enough to start posting a journal of my 2nd grow. My first grow was plagued with misshippmments and me putting the"cart before the horse" as they would say. I started my plants and was expecting my light to show up in the right time (I already had the HomeBox) well I got the light BUT the Ballast was wrong! and the people that sold it to me "had no idea" so to make a real, real long story short I was forced to keep the plants under floro's for a month to long (I know some people grow all in floro but I was not set up properly) so they beanstalked. I still got around 6 oz., at least that paid for the beans.

This grow I decided to just get feminized beans and not even bother trying to save $ on a "roll of the dice" - seeds are not cheap! (as you know:rolleyes:) So, I like to have a variety I chose Barney Farms "Red Deisel" hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-red-diesel-feminized-back-in-stock-2632-p.asp
and Barney Farms "Blue Cheese" hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-blue-cheese-feminized-2634-p.asp
and last but not least Green House "Lemon Skunk" hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/green-house-seeds-lemon-skunk-feminized-back-in-stock-2658-p.asp

I have 2 each going you see in the pics I am still waiting for the final "Blue Cheese" to show herself. I figured these will all grow well together so what the heck. My set up is a HomeBox XL (I have a HB XS behind it for germ) with a 1000w digital system (you can see the ballast in the top left corner)and finally I have a old refer that I use to store my nutes and supplies along with being a great place to dry and cure..

Thanks for stopping in and taking a look at my journal and if you have any comments PLEASE, PLEASE speak up! I can take criticism...
:) :)

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

Here is some of my last grow, the one in the middle of the first pic is a "THC bomb" - it is all a alright stone, the one on the left is a "Blueberry" (this plant had 13 and 15 leaf leaves (I don't know if that is normal but it was cool looking), the one on the left is a "Afgahn/Mazar - ended up real fluffy BUT real stony, and finally on the bottom left you can see a "Mango" - real nice high. All of these suffered due o my inexperience and the lights being all messed up. I ended up with just 4 females out of 12 beans! this is why I went with feminized.

A note on this grow: I know the light was to close, I was just trying to finish up and learn from my mistakes so I could just start over....

005.JPG

006.JPG

032.JPG

040.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

MJ 008.JPG

YumYum..GREEN MOJO 4U..why the Milar? that tent has Panda film doesnt it? those are looking very good..and your first grow was great as well..just look like you could of lowered the light to help with the stretch..Pulling up milk crate to :watchplant: KEEP M GREEN :bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
YumYum..GREEN MOJO 4U..why the Milar? that tent has Panda film doesnt it? those are looking very good..and your first grow was great as well..just look like you could of lowered the light to help with the stretch..Pulling up milk crate to :watchplant: KEEP M GREEN :bolt::bong:

The Mylar is to brighten things up a bit. I got a good deal on the tent because HB messed up on the white on the inside, if you look you can see it is a little on the grey side so mylar will make up 4 the discolor (and it is fairly cheap)
My first grow was full of problems and essentially became a test run and the plants basically got away from me, this grow ITS ON !:hubba:

okay did not see the grey in color..Glad you got a deal..and Milar is cheap..IMO..i buy it by the 150 foot roll..I change my flower room every harvest and Veg maybe every 3 months..It will make a diffrence in there..And I feel your excitement my friend..Thanks..Lets get it on!!!! KEEP M GREEN:D

The ladies at 8 days - the last Blue Cheese will be in tomorrow. The back 2 with the yellow toothpicks are the GH Lemon Skunk and are coming along nicely (the one always do as a close up is also Lemon Skunk). Next grow I am going to venture into DWC ... :hubba:

MJ 002.JPG

MJ 003.JPG

MJ 004.JPG

very nice start man, here's some green mojo for ya.. really looking forward to watchin them, pullin up a crate.. also, are they all indica's??

Here are the ladies at 12 days. I am noticing that the second Yellow Skunk (next to the big one) looks a little droopy, is it just me being a paranoid parent :confused: Thay are on 18/6 and the ph is 6.5 - 6.8 - no nutes yet - the temps are 75 - 80 and rh around 50% +-

Any pointers from the pros?

Yes, that is the final Blue Cheese - she is about a week behind...

One last thing I forgot, these girls (specially the Skunks) are starting to have a danky smell ... :D

MJ 002.JPG

MJ 001.JPG

MJ 003.JPG

I got my Mylar yesterday and put it up today, I figured I would take a pic of my tent and show you. What a difference the mylar made! :holysheep: The thing in the right corner is my heater/ a/c / dehumidifier I have to deal with 115 -120 degree weather up here and the ONLY way to keep my room cool was to get a portable unit like this + it serves as a good heater/fan 2, and a good de-humidifier - it takes up room but it is worth the 2 plants worth of space, besides, I am staying legit :hubba: and, growing year round at 6 plants at a time is plenty enough 4 me - I only give it to my close friends... :ccc::bong:

The ladies are 2 weeks...:watchplant:

MJ 003.JPG

MJ 004.JPG

MJ 005.JPG

MJ 006.JPG

looking great so far. i had a buddy who cropped some red diesel and ended up getting 4 oz off 5 plants under 400hps. so i'm really looking forward to seeing these babies grow :)

rippinthewidow said:
looking great so far. i had a buddy who cropped some red diesel and ended up getting 4 oz off 5 plants under 400hps. so i'm really looking forward to seeing these babies grow :)

Hoping to get more out of this, 4oz. seems like a small yield , specially off of 5 plants, what breeder where they from? I know that the breeders over inflate a bit BUT... here is what they claim

Bred to increase potency and weight while keeping the distinctive taste of Diesel. This plant will grow to medium height with very strong side branches of resin filled colas that need room to grow. The effect is trippy and powerful.
Orientation: Feminized
Quantity: 5 cannabis seeds or 10 marijuana seeds pack
Type: Sativa / Indica
Genetics: Californian Indica / NYCD
Yield: Optimum indoor. 500 gr/m2
Indoor Height: 60 -* 70 cm
Indoor flowering time: 65 to 75 days
Outdoor harvest time: Mid October
THC: 19 % CBD: 1.1 %

These plants are doing very good and are in the best environmental conditions I can provide (I hope) - they are also under a 1000w...

Latest posts

Back