Zarnon takes aim at a fall and winter grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see the finished project. This is the stuff that keeps me going! :aok:

Ok amigos, a week into flower and got some great news .....

:yay: All 4 are females!! :yay:

Looks like I could hit the Jack...POT. :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: I hopeIhopeIhope.... heh heh...

I've never run the table and am very stoked. Anyone need a clone?

Now I must be vigilant for hermies :chuck: Luckily this was not fem seed so I have less worries.

With the flower light on it's harder to get the right color but photoshop helps, lol...

(Height at 2ft for tallest; or you can see earlier pic and where they were in terms of radiator)

...on to training!!

12-5 Gurlz.jpg

Congrats!!! :yay: Sounds like its going to be a good winter for you my friend. I am now hoping that I have all fems too. I hope to get some green mojo soon. Fingers crossed and praying. :aok:

Looking great. It's good to c ya all doing a great job. GG

Funny thing is I will need a minimum of training. I mean, I will do some to keep the canopy even but usually I have 2 or 3 plants to fill the space. Once I had one LOL..

Soooooo I figure a little lateral movement, but the current plant is just to leave most to grow into some nice fat colas.

Whats up Zarnon. Congrats on getting nothing but ladies. Something must be in the air man because our last grow we planted 5 seeds, 5 strains, 5 females. :D Everything is looking great man keep it up. Can't wait to see those fat frosty colas. :aok:

Day 14 Flower

Greetings from the wet and wonderful NW!

A week later and 'about' at 2.5 feet except the tallest have already been tied down so I dunno what the 'true height' is...

Flowers are coming in......mmmm....anyone else think that new flower scent smells like vanilla? Really pleasant man.

The CO2 is on and at 1500 ppm...... vrrrrrrroooom. I've been working with the temps and setting on the dehumdifier. I think we can keep that air in there, which is the whole game.

Switched to flowering nutes day 10, at an EC slightly up at 400 but I'm still being conservativish. These girlies have responded best to low nutes and I've had to flush twice this grow because I was still learnin' about her (and still am!).

I took that third shot at a lower angle with a fluoro bulb and flash to show 'da stretch'!

12-12 closeup.jpg

12-12- all.jpg

12-12- all fluoro2.jpg

Man, every freakin' grow I have one of those 'doh!' experiences, where I do something I really knew better not to do.

So, my clones are not really living, not really dying. I had been doing the cut flower method which worked so well. They all sprouted roots but were slowly wilting/turning yellow.

I had been giving them nutes at the usual strength for young'uns yet was watching them slowly 'fade away'.

Then about 2am one night it hit me; I had been giving them the appropriate dose of nutes for seedlings.

Basic dumb mistake! I immediately got up and mixed up a 250 str canna veg/rhizo/superthrive mix and got it to 'em.

Man Maryjane, you are one of the most forgiving plants I know! :heart:

It was like giving someone lost in the desert a jug of water and a cold salad! :D The gals literally began flowing green. Too bad I did not take any pics, they were great ones of nitrogen deficiency! LOL...(the yellow globally encompasses the whole leaf, there's still some yellow to see).

Anyways, two days after getting the canna here they are. I wanted to make sure I was on the right track before posting my 'learning experience'.

Second pic from a few weeks ago. I live about 15 minutes bicycle time from this river..... sigh....

12-13 Clones.jpg

Oregon2.jpg

Wow! You got the river and the forest:aok: Ladies are looking really nice...thanks for the pics:) .

Your jungle is coming right along Zarnon. I see them ladies are nice and healthy waiting to hold them big fat frosty buds. Great job man keep it up.

Man!! I sweated it out last night! Huge winds, power blowing out all over the city.... I went for a drive and two blocks away the power was out. I had no way to get emergency power hooked up (wouldn't even know how as my little grow room has separate wiring this electrician did).

Ahhh so grateful we managed to make it through.. the last time my 'hood lost power it was out for five days!!

Good to see you back up and running again! Also congrats on getting the full house of ladies! :aok:

Day 21 Flower

The buds are coming along well. No way are they going to be finished with flowering in a month but looking really healthy and progressing nicely (never believe the flowering times listed, sorta like reading the MPG sticker on a new car). :cool:

First pic is a section of the 'canopy' which I've keep in a concave pattern to match light falloff. The training sticks come in soooo handy when I have to lift up a plant. I dunno how guys with a SCROG/SOG deal with things like pump failures/clogs/etc.

I've made my own intermediate veg room. It's very simple with a 150w fluro. No worries about heat and the fluro is rated at 12,000 lumens but from what I've read puts out more like 10k. That's plenty for this area though. I'm looking at growing them no more than 12 inches before moving to the larger room.

The cab is just a HomeDePot special. There was this huge thread on these on the old Overgrow... 90 bucks. The back is made of cardboard so I've had a new piece of plywood cut. The stuff to paint it with is Kilz which is white, and is both flame and mildew retardant. There's a fan running in there and I will have a temp regulating fan, but so far it's running 80 degrees and 40% humidity, so no big hurry.

The clones have been repotted in netpots (within those containers) using a soilless mix. They should be fairly rootbound when I transplant to the hydro so hopefully little debris.

12-19-06 all.jpg

12-19-06 closeupbud.jpg

vegroom2.jpg

vegroom.jpg

AK soiless.jpg

Everything is looking great Zarnon as always. I here about the times on strains. Last grow our AK-48 was to finish in 48 days and it took more like 54 or something. In the end the plants will tell ya when to pic we all know that. ;) Keep up the great work my friend.

I gotta say the lack of traffic to this grow really makes me reevaluate what I'm doing here. I mean, I spent 2 hours formulating the last major post including pics .

I don't need the 'attaboys'. I was hoping for some sort of didactic learning experience. But that does not appear to be on the horizon.

Anyways, this is probably going to be my last grow journal unless I do some sort of personal blog; too much time on this without enough interest. Frankly, I do not have much interest in hearing me speak to myself.

Zarnon said:
I gotta say the lack of traffic to this grow really makes me reevaluate what I'm doing here. I mean, I spent 2 hours formulating the last major post including pics .

I don't need the 'attaboys'. I was hoping for some sort of didactic learning experience. But that does not appear to be on the horizon.

Anyways, this is probably going to be my last grow journal unless I do some sort of personal blog; too much time on this without enough interest. Frankly, I do not have much interest in hearing me speak to myself.

I hear ya man...I guess you are just a guru;) ...I mean, I just learn from your posts...not much I can add..everything looks great! Just think of it as leaving the info here for others to learn from, and I really hope this isn't your last journal...because it has been one of my favorites to follow.:)

edit: Just look at it this way brother, you are one of the master growers from overgrow, and now that it is gone, it is up to you to share what you learned from there...ya know? I am still trying to hunt down a few of those guys:p

Yeah, it was a rough day yesterday in general.. it has frustrated me EM, but enuf useless bitching..... Man I used to fume about all the 'know it alls' on OG that would jump in your grow and now I'm complaining about not enough comments LOL. ....

I love a good budshot, don't get me wrong, but I hope that I can also share new things I've learned and old things refined. It's the whole impetus behind keeping a chronicle here.

BTW, to change the subject... I am going to do my next hydro with 100% cert organic nutes!

http://www.biocanna.us/

EM, I thought of you when I read about their fermentation process. Right now I'm using their BioBoost. Very pricey at 30 bucks a 1/4 liter (which adds about 10bucks a week/res change).

I am right with ya brother on the 'journal replies' thing...I mean, look at my journal, over 2800 views and less than 10 people posting. I don't really care though, the information is there and who knows down the road who might grab it and use it. Besides, I always get a good chuckle when I go back and look at some of the silly stuff I posted:p , noobs can be funny.

Budshots are all good, but what I like to see are root shots;) . I grow a plant from the roots up so when I transplant I am always anxious to see the root formation and color. I also love to see a really old well cared for bonsai mother;) , really shows a grower's abilities.

I have heard really good things about the Canna line, I think you are going to enjoy that and hope you will at least put up a journal for me:) (pretty please:eek: ).

Fermentation...now your talking, basis behind compost, compost teas, and microbial farming. I know you might freak out to hear this, but I firmly believe you can go full cycle without a res change using bio-organics (or living organics, or microbial farming...whatever you want to call it;) ).

I would love to chat one day with ya more about it, I remember you mentioning you have your own forum? (pm always wecome) At any rate, let me know before you go anywhere else, big fan here of your open mind and abilities:D .

Eman

Here's a rootshot for ya.... when I used to use submersibles, this is what would happen...

Root mass.jpg

Latest posts

Back